Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am as excited about TL as anyone...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,081

I am as excited about TL as anyone...

Apr 18, 2018, 10:55 PM

And I don’t see how he can stay off the field. I actually believe he has all the tools and talent to be the best QB in the nation this year. BUUUUUUUT the other day there were people on here saying KB only threw ONE good pass in stride last season, and I can’t just sit back and watch people spew nonsense. I get enough of that from political posts. People, please remember what he did for us last year and how he performed on the road in big games (VT and UL).

https://youtu.be/eYytRJ9eyTM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am as excited about TL as anyone...

Apr 18, 2018, 11:33 PM

You’re right, TL should move to WR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 2:09 PM

This was an unreasonable reaction to my post. I actually want TL to start the entire season. I understand it’s tough living in the Internet knee-jerk reaction world though.

Apr 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

As good of season KB had last year, imagine how good TL would've been with the same team.

Apr 19, 2018, 2:09 PM

I agree. The only reason I posted this was because people only think in extremes now and it’s ridiculous.

Apr 19, 2018, 2:19 PM

Not to burst your bubble but hitting a receiver and consistently hitting receivers are 2 different things I want KB to succeed as much as the next guy because he's the leader of our team but I'm not going to pretend he is more than he was.

Apr 19, 2018, 3:12 PM

If you are going to look at the good, you also have to look at the other side that people who would like one of the passing QB's to get a look are looking at. It's not as "nice and pretty as you think"

All teams with bigger defenses circled (minus Miami, the one exception game):

- Up until Miami, a post season game, he never broke 200 yards or over in passing against any of the better defenses he faced...that includes VT and FSU. Louisville had a bad defense honestly....and Lamar was their entire offense. They aren't the top defense they were a few years back.

Let's look at passing efficiency defense rankings:
Team Passing Efficiency Defense:
Alabama: #2
BC: #3
FSU: #10. <-- don't forget this was a 2-6 record team when we played them
AU: #19
Miami: #23
VT: #26
NC State: #55
GT: #62
Louisville: #70

Rushing defense:
Alabama: 31 <--0 rushing TD's
VT: #15 <--0 rushing TD's
NC State: #26 <-- 2 rushing TD's
FSU #31 <--0 rushing TD's
Auburn: #35 <-- 2 rushing TD's
SCarolina: #39 <--0 rushing TD's

Out of those in the top 30...Miami was the only team he exceeded 200 yards on in passing....however, still no more than just 1 passing TD. Just comprehend that for a second....there isn't a team on there he passed for more than 1 TD, several he had none. Top 40 rushing defenses, he faced 6...only had rushing TD's against 2 of those... That's not good for being a more dominantly running QB IMO.

With that said, it shows that though at times things were done well or okay, it wasn't consistent and it wasn't elite either. It also shows that though we won those games, it really wasn't always Bryant that was the reason...many times, the D helped, but let's not forget about Feaster, Etienne, and Choice (Etienne and Choice made 2 of the TD's in each of the Louisville and Miami games and 3 of the TD's of the FSU game; Etienne made 2 of them in the BC game). These guys stay a constant...regardless which QB sits behind center.

Apr 19, 2018, 8:23 PM

I didn't know football was a team sport. I thought KB was the only won who went 12-2.

I loved my vintage 1965 Mustang convertible

Apr 19, 2018, 8:04 PM

And then my rich great uncle left me a 1967 Ferrari 275 Spider convertible. Should I store it away or take it for a spin around the track?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep plus we have to remember it was just a spring game

Apr 19, 2018, 8:26 PM

No telling how TL can handle the pressure of a real game with 80,000 and your season on the line. I agree our defense bailed out the offense a lot last year but you never know what summer/fall workouts can do to help KB become a better down field passer. I also think we’re forgetting how many times Bryant bailed us out with his scrambling and running ability. None of which any of our other QBs have. It all pans out to what happens over summer and in fall practice as to who will be the starter

Re: Yep plus we have to remember it was just a spring game

Apr 19, 2018, 8:36 PM

We know what KB will do, that's why we want someone else.

Re: Yep plus we have to remember it was just a spring game

Apr 19, 2018, 8:38 PM

No offense to KB but his skill set is better suited in the big 12, we can't win a title against elite defenses without throwing the ball. Everyone says that a summer could've made him better, but if that's true why was it not until his senior year when he learned how to throw consistently whats different about this year than the past 3?

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,081
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic