Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I agree with starting the kid, but ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,398

I agree with starting the kid, but ...

Sep 25, 2018, 12:59 AM

I feel bad for KB for one reason. I know he would love to get revenge on the Orangemen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll have his chance. He's going to play.

Sep 25, 2018, 1:02 AM

All we're talking about as far as I can see is that we will now flip and Trevor will get the first two drives while Kelly gets the second two.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed he is just not the starter in disguise anymore

Sep 25, 2018, 1:27 AM

We are heading in a good direction and Bryant will get his opportunities to reclaim his status

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will play

Sep 25, 2018, 5:29 AM [ in reply to He'll have his chance. He's going to play. ]

But I think the forced rotation is over. TL will play until we have a comfortable lead, or until he’s ineffective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

^^^this

Sep 25, 2018, 7:14 AM

As long as the offense continues to click, the team is Trevor's. If he struggles, KB will come in and remain in if he gives us a needed boost. The competition is over, therefore the planned rotation is too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: He will play

Sep 25, 2018, 7:30 AM [ in reply to He will play ]

According to ALL of our coaches, the competition continues each week. Both will continue to play and have the opportunity to become the starter. That's just what our coaches are saying, so maybe you guys are right and all that talk they do is just coach speak. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 7:41 AM

We will forgive you for misreading.

"Elliott said that any rotation of the two QBs will be coaches’ decisions ahead and the starting role is no “lifetime contract.”

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Elliott-Trevor-Lawrence-earns-reward-for-production-with-starting-role-17256#ixzz5S733HPqQ

That means it won't be an automatic rotation anymore... It now goes to coach decision, basing on how the game is going... If Trevor is lighting it up, they likely won't rotate until we have a big lead. But that does not state they will be 2 and 2 still. Says it will be a coach decision, which could be not to at all.

Sep 25, 2018, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: He will play ]

Nm

Rotating QB's is hinderance to offensive rhythm*

Sep 25, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: He will play ]

Re: Rotating QB's is hinderance to offensive rhythm*

Sep 25, 2018, 10:13 AM

Which is why they have changed their direction to it being a coach decision. Basically means if the offense is in rhythm, they won't be changing the QB in and out. If Trevor was to have an off day and we can't get into rhythm for some reason after several series, they can opt to bring Kelly in. But main plan is Trevor is now the lead (and they are planning now for the future of the program), Kelly is now the backup, rotation for competition of the starter role is over....it was only maintained as long as Kelly held off Trevor.

Been trying to tell everyone for a while that I thought Trevor had possibly competed closer and better back in the fall than they let on in interviews (and had matched or possibly beat KB in aspects), but needed to play a few games (for their assessment of his game management and leadership in real games, and for the team to see him in action to buy in) before the coaches would feel comfortable making the change. Well, 4 games in....

Re: He'll have his chance. He's going to play.

Sep 25, 2018, 5:59 AM [ in reply to He'll have his chance. He's going to play. ]

That rotation is over. KB will play in garbage time, and they may have a package for him. Unless TL plays bad, we will see a more conventional one qb game plan. Thank God.

Re: He'll have his chance. He's going to play.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to He'll have his chance. He's going to play. ]

I hope they don’t continue the swapping QB every two series. It’s time to start gaining more cohesion and in game reps. Also guys need to start getting in game shape. Eventually Clemson will have to have the starters in there in the 4th quarter of a close game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,398
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic