Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I WISH they would bring back the balloons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I WISH they would bring back the balloons

Nov 23, 2018, 10:15 PM

Everytime I see a commercial with D.V. usually it is during the release of the Balloons

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Not the same.***

Nov 23, 2018, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: I WISH they would bring back the balloons

Nov 23, 2018, 10:32 PM

We replaced the balloons with fireworks near the ring of honor. We had them there for the duke game. It still doesn’t replace the balloons though, I’m thinking of a rising , and spinning pedestal for the rock to come up out of the ground, rising up out of the fog...That would be the only thing that would come close to replacing the balloons.

Wasn't our baloons biodegradable ...

Nov 23, 2018, 11:09 PM

what was the reason again that they stopped it ? it must have been more about the expense or the logistics ….

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wasn't our baloons biodegradable ...

Nov 23, 2018, 11:10 PM

Snowflakes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Technically yeah but it takes years for them to break down***

Nov 24, 2018, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Wasn't our baloons biodegradable ... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 11:10 PM

The environment is going to sh!t and we're literally sending rubber into the sky for no good reason but to amuse ourselves. Get over it, in retrospect, it's embarrassing that we did it for so long. The new fireworks are great.

Lol deer lowered...

Nov 23, 2018, 11:22 PM

...those evil orange balloons. Killing mother's nature and such. Take a deep breath in a brown paper bag and chillax.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Lol deer lowered...

Nov 23, 2018, 11:44 PM

Perfectly happy and relaxed with the decision to stop the balloons. I'd simply recommend that we all get past this - it was a cool tradition, that had its time, and I'm sure we all remember it fondly.

I think we can all agree, as proud Clemson alums/fans, that we love our foothills first and foremost, so I'm glad we're looking out for them.

Go Tigers!

Nov 24, 2018, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I WISH they would bring back the balloons ]

The environment is going to sh!t and we're literally sending rubber into the sky for no good reason but to amuse ourselves. Get over it, in retrospect, it's embarrassing that we did it for so long. The new fireworks are great.

I just took a long gulp through my plastic straw pondering this....

Nov 24, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I WISH they would bring back the balloons ]

PaddlingTiger complains of environment going to "sh!t"...

...drives massive truck to tailgate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is extremely short sighted. I am sure that sometime

Nov 24, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I WISH they would bring back the balloons ]

in the future, we will discover that the pyrotechnics used in the fireworks sucked some subprotozoan microorganism out of the atmosphere that was necessary for the unhealthy reproduction of mutated snail darter minnows somewhere in the mountains above us. Shame on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fivefork u***

Nov 23, 2018, 11:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drone swarm

Someone mentioned a drone swarm over goal posts instead... in shape of paw... would be very cool imo

Drone swarm

Someone mentioned a drone swarm over goal posts instead... in shape of paw... would be very cool imo

Drone swarm

Drone swarm

Re: Drone swarm

Nov 23, 2018, 11:16 PM

Sorry bout the redundancy... that pop up popped up... messed my reply up...

Nov 23, 2018, 11:14 PM

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/balloons-hurt-animals-risks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 11:53 PM

You're thinking too small- We need to launch 2 or 3 large hot-air balloons or one gigantic orange blimp.

I do not miss......

Nov 24, 2018, 4:59 AM

...the balloon release, the country gentleman, shaved heads, rat season, the battle flag, singing Dixie, Dans Duty, dorms w/out a/c, hitchhiking, Saturday classes, the 'mic man', Harcomb and many other things whose time has come and gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic