Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,279

I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field

Sep 23, 2018, 11:32 AM

Not some BS non-sense Sugar Bowl but say the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl would be a game for the ages. I think Clemson would have a small advantage defensively and the teams would be at just about parity offensively. This game truly would come down to a play or two.

Also UGHEY is not #2 team, they are not bad but not at all tested. I think TAMU would win at least half of their matches against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field

Sep 23, 2018, 11:41 AM

Wouldn't matter the venue, Bama would be the favorite, and by at least 6.5 points.
And you don't think games on the road at Carolina and Missouri are not a test?
Beats our road schedule. We had to have help from a pylon at TAMU, and Tech had more fumbles than Carter had little liver pills.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Coot Alert^^^^^^^

Sep 23, 2018, 11:43 AM

Please don't say we when trolling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^^Coot Alert^^^^^^^

Sep 23, 2018, 12:00 PM

He’s been playing it cool lately. Thanks for hooking him so he gets exposed AGAIN.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell’em Coot***

Sep 23, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell’em Coot***

Sep 23, 2018, 11:54 AM

Venables with time would have something for Bama! No doubt in my mind. The game yesterday with T A&M proved to me Bama is not all they are made out to be.
If TL continues to develop; he has the gunslinger mentality you need plus Clemson is blessed with the WR group you need to beat Bama.
They are back to being a team that has to bring pressure to get to the QB. If they have to bring pressure and TL is able to find a Feaster, Renfrow, Etienne or Rodgers on screens then cancel Christmas for Bama!
Bama is beatable if you have the right assets! Clemson has the right assets!

Go Tigers!

***reference point*** look at all the QB's ( A&M with Johnny football and Ole Miss w/Chip Kelly or say Clemson w/DW4 with a healthy Mike Williams we would have beaten the Tide two years in a row or D. Cain)!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell’em Coot***

Sep 23, 2018, 12:27 PM

Nothing like being able to sit out your conference championship game and have two extra weeks to prepare for a playoff game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

LOL Coot...we play Bama more than you do.***

Sep 23, 2018, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field ]

Despite the fact I know you’re a coot I’ll answer. Road games against scar and Mizzou are not better than TAMU and GT. At best they are even. GT May have had several fumbles but they were caused by someone ya know. Mizzou had to beat both UGA and the zebras. TAMUwould beat Mizzou (and there is no question which environment is tougher). GT May lose to scar but it is hard to say given how bad the scar D has been thus far (heck scar might have dodged a bullet by cancelling the Marshall game).

Sep 23, 2018, 11:50 AM

If they played right now Bama takes us. We still have some questions on offense and the only team we have played with a passing game was AM. Bama can pass and right now that would be an issue for us. Lets just see how the rest of the season plays out for all teams. Uga has two wins on the road and looked very good. We are a 1/3 of the way through the season so we have plenty of time to start playing great.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying UGHEY sucks....Just saying they not #2***

Sep 23, 2018, 11:51 AM

Clemson is currently focusedon playing alot of players...

Sep 23, 2018, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I Think a Clemson / Bama Match Up TODAY on a Neutral Field ]

and making themselves deeper and better moving forward. Preparing for a peak later in the season instead of style points now. Give it time.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:58 AM

Trevor Lawrence needs to learn to be more aware in the pocket and use his mobility. Once he develops this there’s no doubt in my mind we can beat Bama. Also defensively our safety play has to get better.

Sep 23, 2018, 12:05 PM

Sorry, no one here loves the Tigers more than I, but orange glasses removed, playing Bama next week I wouldn't like our chances. However we dont need to play them next week, this giving TL the time he needs to settle in, go through the growing pains, and get game time experience. We can knock Bama all we want, but deep down we all knew they had been hindered for years by the lack of a downfield passing threat. That problem has been corrected, and frankly this to me is the best Bama team since McCarron was there imo. Can we beat them? In January I think it could be a much different game.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,279
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic