Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Had A Lot Of Respect For VT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I Had A Lot Of Respect For VT

Sep 27, 2017, 10:25 AM

Until we made the great effort at our game vs them to pay a great tribute to the tragedy they suffered from a deranged person who murdered some of their students on their campus. Then at that same game they didn't even have the courtesy to be quiet for our Alma Matter. Sadly I must say that even the coots wouldn't be that low class. Their true persona was unveiled that day for all to see. And, by the way, I believe we stomped that ####, too, but even if they won the game, they lost the respect of everybody with class who witnessed it.

Message was edited by: Dugatiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh Oh, they are gonna shake their keys at you - you f'd up!***

Sep 27, 2017, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: Uh Oh, they are gonna shake their keys at you - you f'd up!***

Sep 27, 2017, 10:39 AM

I caught a poor wording issue and corrected my mistake. More folks should try it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most teams don't play alma mater at beginning

Sep 27, 2017, 10:34 AM

Most teams play the alma mater after the game. Clemson is one of the few that do it before the game. Im pretty sure it wasnt intentional to do that. The program wouldnt blatantly do that to someone, we aren't miami or fsu.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you admit when VT is wrong?

Sep 27, 2017, 10:37 AM

I've noticed in your short stent that you spin everything to deflect blame away from the Hokies.

Re: Do you admit when VT is wrong?

Sep 27, 2017, 10:49 AM

I admit a lot when VT is wrong. IF it is obvious theres something wrong done I will state it. Just saying that not everyone pays attention to the PA announcer and realizes a team plays the alma mater before the game. Why would i not defend my team?

you are wrong in this case Hokie....it was

Sep 27, 2017, 10:52 AM

really in poor taste and terrible sportsmanship.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Yup, seemed pretty obvious.***

Sep 27, 2017, 10:58 AM

Re: you are wrong in this case Hokie....it was

Oct 17, 2017, 7:47 PM [ in reply to you are wrong in this case Hokie....it was ]

Absolutely!

Re: you are wrong in this case Hokie....it was

Oct 17, 2017, 8:03 PM [ in reply to you are wrong in this case Hokie....it was ]

Y'all have got to be kidding me.

You guys started the noise after we started our alma mater.

Sep 27, 2017, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you admit when VT is wrong? ]

I'm thinking whoever initiated the nonsense from your side knew very well what they were doing, simply because it sure seemed that way. It's cool to defend your team, but at least have some sort of realistic basis for it.

Re: Most teams don't play alma mater at beginning

Sep 27, 2017, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Most teams don't play alma mater at beginning ]

Our announcer states the Alma Mater prior to its playing. Your fans aren't that stupid, but they were that classless.

You mean when our band plaed the VT alma mater...

Oct 17, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Most teams don't play alma mater at beginning ]

...when everyone was quiet for it including VT but then when it was finished and we started our alma mater it must have been a misunderstanding?

That's right....WE PLAYED THE VT ALMA MATER AS A SIGN OF SUPPORT AND UNITY

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Sep 27, 2017, 10:41 AM

until you say "even the coots..."

Re: I Had A Lot Of Respect For VT- used to pull for VT

Sep 27, 2017, 10:54 AM

as a kid before I ever went to Clemson. MY repect for them was lost when it came to light late in Beamers career what an enable he had been for Marcus vick's off field antics and that he kept letting the kicker who had home invaded during a drug deal gone bad come back to the team. He got like ole man Bowden toward the end and was so desperate to recruit that important players could do what they liked

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Had A Lot Of Respect For VT

Sep 27, 2017, 11:02 AM

Don't remember the game you are talking about. If it was the one in 12 or last year's Championhip I don't really remember them playing over the alma mater. Might it have been like BC when they were playing some fight song when it started I said to myself they need to quite down and in a few seconds they did

Sep 27, 2017, 11:19 AM

I do remember it very well, as most on here do. It did happen, and it was classless.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:09 PM

Need to correct the OP...the coots ARE this bad. I was sitting in the West Endzone last season when we played the coots. During the gathering at the Paw....as our alma mater started, the coot band started playing about 10 seconds into it. Wasn't an accident. It was total bush league. I was sitting beside a UGA student who was standing and they looked and said...I can't believe they are doing that.

I had never seen anything more blatantly assholish than what they did.

Message was edited by: Memphis Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2017, 8:25 PM

Did you go to the game? Tiger Band was so far in the upper deck you couldnt even here them. VA Tech folks were awesome.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:27 PM

Did you go to the game? Tiger Band was so far in the upper deck you couldnt even here them, so they didnt play over anything. . VA Tech folks were awesome, thoroughly enjoyed my day there, meeting great passionate fans,beautiful campus, beautiful country, great road trip.

Oct 17, 2017, 8:37 PM

I have to say it was the most pleasant experience I've ever had at an away game the fans were very gracious the only negative thing I could say was where they placed our band

Oct 18, 2017, 8:21 AM

I think we can give a pass in some cases. In fact CU does alma mater before and after the game. Was similar with BC at home. They were doing spirit songs and realized part way through the alma mater was being played and then piped down. One problem is that other bands just play louder, and fans making noise can't tell what else is being done. Not a criticism, just an observation. Believe me, Hokies are not the biggest jerk fan base we deal with.

VT doesn't compare to the rudeness of SCar or NCSt***

Oct 18, 2017, 9:15 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic