Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical about Tua
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Hypothetical about Tua

Aug 15, 2019, 2:12 AM

First, I'm certainly not hoping anything happens to the guy.

But - if Tua were to suffer another fairly serious injury (or two) this year - at what point would his NFL stock drop a good bit? Or would he likely be a high 1st rounder no matter what?

I'm thinking if he stays healthy, he goes #1 or very high. If he gets banged up & needs another surgery - seems the NFL would be a little wary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hypothetical about Tua

Aug 15, 2019, 2:22 AM

The guy is a really talented QB and I think he's a first rounder , maybe as you mentioned a very high first rounder .
My question to the NFL would be ( and I know they're already tuned into it ) is Have you watched his games against top college defenses ? He didn't perform nearly as well against us , Georgia , LSU or even MSU . Now , he was injured during that MSU game and most of his struggles came after the injury , but I am interested to watch him going through the schedule again this year … kind of getting to see if that was a hiccup or if he is a little bit bumpy when faced with good disguises and better athletes .
If that is the case , maybe Tua isn't as all fire fabulous as we first thought .

I don't know . He is a great arm talent though .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 2:52 AM

His accuracy and ability to make quick decisions is high level - although we did make him pay a couple of times in January.

I don't know enough about Bama's QB bench - but there's no veteran Hurts to back him up that I'm aware of. Likely, Saban's got somebody.

Aug 15, 2019, 10:46 AM

He made quick decisions against the Tigers and 2 of those quick decisions were interceptions and one for a pick 6. He us also terrible when he is being pressured. Those kinds of decisions will get him a cup a coffee or a back-up gig in the NFL.

I know Bama put it on most of their opponents last year but their offense was horrid in the 3rd quarter. After opponents adjusted their D, the production and scoring dropped like a rock in the 3rd and he sat the 4th quarter mostly.

The difference between Clemson and the SEC teams Bama played was that Venables can adjust on the fly and the SEC D Coordinators couldn't or wouldn't make adjustments until half time. For the most part, NFL D Coordinators can adjust on the fly.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Injury or no, Tua has a lot riding on this season. As you

Aug 15, 2019, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Hypothetical about Tua ]

pointed out, Dug, he did not perform well in big games last year. (Even He Who Shall not be Named noted the same thing.) So, Tua better pick it up this year in those games, or his draft stcck will plummet faster than a USuK coeds jeans at a free beer tailgate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless Tua improves vs top level comp

Aug 15, 2019, 6:21 AM

He’s not a top pick. Frankly he’s good vs middling comp. Against real teams he’s only fair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barring some major character or injury issue this year

Aug 15, 2019, 7:09 AM

he's going to be a top pick regardless. He needs to improve his decision making and his ability to read defenses but he's very talented. I think he's the most accurate QB I've ever watched in college.

Re: Barring some major character or injury issue this year

Aug 15, 2019, 7:21 AM

"I think he's the most accurate QB I've ever watched in college. " - Did you ever get to watch Chris Leak? He dropped a dime every time. I knew after watching him in the Shrine Bowl that he would start at UF as a freshman, even though nobody started in the SEC as a freshman in those days. He started by mid-season, and should have started earlier. He shared duties with Tebow when they won a National Championship. Leak was more accurate than Tua, and had an uncanny sense of being blind-sided and would escape at the last moment. Fun guy to watch.

I'm not saying Chris Leak was bad, but the highest season

Aug 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

completion average he had at Florida was 63.6% his senior year. Last year Tua completed 69% of his passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He’s a slinger and a hoper with great wide receiver talent. When

Aug 15, 2019, 8:15 AM

Played by a team with a great defense and a conscious defensive coordinator you get two picks one of which is a pick 6. I’m hopeful for him he can change his game but he is overconfident in his abilities and throws into coverage he shouldn’t. Plus doesn’t have the vision to pick up disguise. Maybe he can work on this given he was played.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He’s a slinger and a hoper with great wide receiver talent. When

Aug 15, 2019, 9:02 AM

There will be some pressure on Tua. Hurts is not there as backup and every team now knows if you can rattle him; you have a chance to win. If Tua endures that he will be an early NFL pick.

If he can take the feedback from that game and improve himself and be a better player

Aug 15, 2019, 9:08 AM

Then he deserves to be up there

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His injury history will be a concern

Aug 15, 2019, 9:33 AM

He did the surgery to fix his ankle, but he also has the big problems on his both knees. It won't be surprise he will tear this ACL during the season

Aug 15, 2019, 9:35 AM

Tua will take what he learned against LSU/Georgia/Clemson and go next level this year. Similar to his team, he will be on a revenge tour and opponents will suffer.

Only thing that will slow Tua down is injuries, which cost him the Heisman to Kyler. Because this is his last year, Nick will go out of his way (some) to promote Tua. Their great receiving corp is a year older too.

One last thought: Sark. I suppose there is a slight chance he could mess things up but I doubt it. Still, when asked about Sark during an interview this summer, Tua didn't seem all that excited about the guy IIRC.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic