Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter jhonson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Hunter jhonson

Aug 27, 2016, 9:04 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like hunter Johnson maybe a little over rated. Obviously i hope im wrong. But his numbers have not been great. It could just be his recievers suck and i hope thats the case. But i hope he doesn't turn out like willy korn. I have full confidence that he can succeed with the talent we have at wide receiver. Its just his numbers have been a little concerning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why you recruit.

Aug 27, 2016, 9:19 PM

It's why we have Bryant, Cooper, Israel, Bryce (committed) and hopefully Trevor Lawrence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter jhonson

Aug 27, 2016, 9:23 PM

I've thought the same

Aug 27, 2016, 9:32 PM

Thank you, Gamecock fan. And now, back to our regular programming....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 5:15 PM

He has a 98% pulse. I don't think a closet coot could pull that off.

Aug 27, 2016, 9:32 PM

He will be fine. Willy Korn would have too if injuries had not destroyed his shoulder.

Aug 27, 2016, 9:36 PM

Silly did lose to Gaffney twice . There was no way he could have lived up to the expectations everyone had for him .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The refs stole one from Byrnes at Gaffney.***

Aug 28, 2016, 6:09 PM

Aug 29, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter jhonson ]

Bulls--t! He sucked!

If his numbers don't improve, he'll drop in rankings.

Aug 27, 2016, 9:35 PM

His physical talent is there. He just needs to pull it together.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Will Korn had crazy good numbers

Aug 27, 2016, 9:54 PM

Also had a ton of talent. But he hurt his arm and could never really do what we needed him to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 9:58 PM

With the arsenal of weapons we are stock piling at the skill positions on offense, I'm not to worried with our QB situation in the future. We are already loaded with plenty of 4*s at QB, I'm sure 1 or 2 will pan out if Johnson doesn't. But with what we have at the RB and WR position....even the 0-Line, its going to make any QB's job easier.

Aug 27, 2016, 10:08 PM

I trust that our coaches know exactly what they are doing. They had the two best QBs signed at Clemson back to back years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 9:58 PM

Tell'm coot.

Trust the experts and Clemson coaches or a coot? LOL!!!***

Aug 27, 2016, 10:24 PM

Re: Trust the experts and Clemson coaches or a coot? LOL!!!***

Aug 27, 2016, 10:33 PM

Here is what I was told from friend that lives near brownsburg and stays up on football in B10 areas. He told me Hunter's OL is really struggling thus far in the season. He said they are only 2-0 due to how good hunter is. As the OL gels and becomes better hunter's stat should improve. Basically he's working with no much help.

Thanks for the info and that makes sense. The recruiting

Aug 27, 2016, 10:41 PM

services make a living doing their job and don't put players in the top 25 without anything to back it up.

Aug 27, 2016, 10:45 PM

Its amazing how the slightest negative post. People claim im a coot. Hell no. Let me make myself perfectly clear i know clemson will be totally fine after DW we are loaded at Qb. Im just stating hunter Johnson has struggled some so far. I personally feel like zerick cooper might be the guy next yr. But thats just my opinion. Meanwhile im excited about possibly going 15-0 and winning a national championship this yr!

I don't think that is case...

Aug 28, 2016, 5:12 PM

Was said elsewhere--I live in Indiana and while I haven't made it to one of the first two games in person, I've watched portions of both online.

He's running for his life on every passing down--it's actually interesting that his OL seems to get a decent push on run plays fairly often, but on pass plays...swinging gate.

He actually got a little banged up in the game this past weekend on a play where he was sacked for a safety. I'm far more concerned about him making it through the season healthy than that he is over rated. He came out for a few plays on 2 separate occasions that I saw.

Also seems that WR's have trouble getting much separation and have dropped some...basically, he's on a whole other level than his team mates...it's not like they have any other guys with a chance to play D-I.

He seems to have a very strong arm and I've been impressed with his running ability especially on some zone read/called run situations...but, again, mostly he's been avoiding guys coming right up the middle on him as soon as he gets the snap.

Re: I don't think that is case...

Aug 28, 2016, 5:23 PM

I think a lot of times fans forget these are High School players. Meaning you have who you have as it relates to where they live. While some "recruiting" does happen in HS FB, you go with what ya got. HJ is a superior talent on a team that has few others, and it will tell at times. He can't block, catch AND throw. If he can, I really am stoked indeed to get him, and the next 3 years worth of Heisman Trophy are already locked up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think that is case...

Aug 28, 2016, 6:56 PM

I seem to recall something about Hunter considering IMG or some other school this year but decided drop it when he found out who the new coach was going to be at his school.

I wonder if maybe it would have been a good idea. I guess I don't want him to get hurt because he is not getting the protection he needs.

this staff makes few mistakes..worry bout sumpin else***

Aug 28, 2016, 7:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

My guess is that you have never watched Hunter Johnson

Aug 28, 2016, 7:35 PM

play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 8:16 PM

To answer your question, no doubt, it's just you. The young man is rank #1 in the nation at qb and #5 overall by far more skilled observers than yourself....

Hunter has the skillsvand just needs to be coached up!!!

Aug 28, 2016, 8:39 PM

I look forward to see him with a big ole PAW next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 29, 2016, 9:43 AM

I recorded the Under Armour games to watch him. He did not do worth a poop. Hopefully he had a bad day. Go Tigers!

Speaks volumes to the coot presence here that this could end up the POTD***

Aug 29, 2016, 9:54 AM

Aug 29, 2016, 11:43 AM

Even if hunter jhonson is not the star hes rated to be. We will still be just fine. Future is bright to win 2 national titles by 2020. Starting this year.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic