Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Hunter Renfrow

Jul 21, 2018, 5:17 PM

How can a relatively unknown young man , small in stature, unproven in talent, come to a major University in the Hills of South Carolina and become one of the toughest, most talented, revered receivers in the history of this football program? You have to give it to Dabo and company for seeing someting special in this kid and persisting in developing him into what he is today! He is, to me, the most reliable and consistant receiver on the team, he shows toughness and an uncanny ability to break free and extend plays after receiving the ball, and has MAYBE, the most memorable catch in the history of Clemson football! I look forward to his senior season, to see what this GREAT young man has in store for all Clemson fans to be proud of, and then see what he most surely will do as a professional!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mentioned a lot of his traits, but not his best...

Jul 21, 2018, 5:23 PM

HANDS!... Some of the very best I've seen... anywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are 2 of his best catches....unreal focus!

Jul 21, 2018, 6:21 PM

https://youtu.be/Hm6FcXe53UE

https://youtu.be/jQojGrW2iVQ

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here are 2 of his best catches....unreal focus!

Jul 21, 2018, 11:03 PM

I was at that Troy game. Great catch, that he got injured on and missed a few games.

Re: You mentioned a lot of his traits, but not his best...

Jul 21, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to You mentioned a lot of his traits, but not his best... ]

Gives a whole new meaning to sticky fingers! Very sure handed.

Re: Hunter Renfrow

Jul 21, 2018, 5:24 PM

You stated exactly what I feel but you did it with more eloquence than I could have musteredI. The way he carries himself both on and off the field, he may be my favorite player of all time. Thanks for your post. Go Tigers!

Jul 21, 2018, 5:27 PM

Field awareness to go with his great hands. He is always in the right place at the right time. High football IQ. Hunter is one of my all time favorite Tigers!

Jul 21, 2018, 5:31 PM

He will make a great coach when he finishes playing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 6:17 PM

He may not get drafted, but I would bet that he plays NFL FB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 5:32 PM

Swinney gets credit for for seeing the value in such receivers- had one before Hunter in Humph and have others on the way. But I think rather than it being some stroke of schematic genius, Swinney is really just recruiting himself.

Of them all though, Hunter might be the ultimate Swinney clone who in 20 years succeeds him as coach.

Jul 21, 2018, 6:12 PM

Not to disagree, but Dabo says he got tons of input from other coaches about how he needed to give this 155-lb QB a shot, that he would never be sorry. He offered a preferred walk-on spot, so Hunter grey/redshirted to build up to 175. Then Mike Williams got hurt and Deon got sent home from NCG, creating the opening that endeared Hunter to most of us faithful that didn't know him very well.

Hats off to Hunter!

Meanwhile i wonder if his lovely fiancée will be entering the Ms Universe pageant, and history will be repeated.... I hope not, for their sakes

Re: speaking of walk-ons who overachieve

Jul 21, 2018, 6:19 PM

I thought the 2 guys who had the best game performances vs Bama were both walk-ons.

Without the job Will Swinney and Alex Spence did in hitting a couple of FGs from over 40 yds, our great Tiger team would have been shut out. I think Spence had only one 40-yarder prior to that game.

I believe Dabo awarded Spence a scholly at the end of the season. I doubt Will will ever get one, because Dabo is old skool.

Re: speaking of walk-ons who overachieve

Jul 22, 2018, 8:14 AM

Well maybe, but if the kid earns a scholly, Daddy HC should give him what he has earned!!! That is how kids are taught that they have to earn what they get....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 6:19 PM

Two answers:

1) DW4
2) Personal dedication & DW4

All time Tiger great!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 8:47 AM

And one of the most memorable tackles in Clemson history too!

Jul 22, 2018, 9:23 AM

I was watching some Miami games and they have a player that kept reminding me of Renfrow - Braxton Berrios. Similar build, great hands, gets open, receives punts, etc just like Renfrow. These guys are amazing and a pleasure to watch them make critical catches. It makes the game of football exciting. I don't mean to jack the thread or take anything away from Renfrow, but simply to appreciate guys like this that have earned the highest respect for their craft. Kudos to these guys.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic