Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson clearly doesn’t have the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,626

Hunter Johnson clearly doesn’t have the

Sep 21, 2019, 2:52 PM

Development resources than he did at Clemson. I was pulling for the kid!
I will say this again, Clemson has the best head coach, assistant coaches, position coaches and strength/ conditioning coaches in the country!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. If our staff picked him, that says TONS to me.

Sep 21, 2019, 2:54 PM

Regardless of how he turns out at another school.

Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we

Sep 21, 2019, 2:57 PM

wasted a scholly on him to begin with

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we

Sep 21, 2019, 3:01 PM

To be fair CM, Hunter Johnson ain’t got no O line, frisbee catching dogs and a two headed monster in the backfield like Clemson does.

Very true. NW has no OLine and their WRs can not get

Sep 21, 2019, 3:20 PM

separation.

The announcers correctly pointed out how much easier it looks when you have 5 star WRs on the other end. HJ does not have that at NW.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I don't think he could tale advantage of them if

Sep 21, 2019, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we ]

he did have them...He has thrown poorly and rolled into pressure enough for me to see it's a him issue at this point

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not hard to see why he was behind KB at Clemson.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we ]

I'm pulling for HJ, but there is a reason his PT was limited at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well, to be honest, KB was a junior when HJ was a true

Sep 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

freshman in 2017. HJ looked great in the 2017 spring game.

HJ's problem at NW is no OL, and no 4 or 5 star WRs. He is running for his life, and when he throws there is little/no separation between his WR and the DB.

I agree, that's part of the problem. Still don't think HJ is

Sep 21, 2019, 3:31 PM

as good as we wanted him to be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well, to be honest, KB was a junior when HJ was a true

Sep 21, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Well, to be honest, KB was a junior when HJ was a true ]

KB being a junior had zero to do with him starting in 2017. It was his first year as a starter. He wasn’t established yet and if HJ was better, he would have been the starter.

Sure NW’s o line sucks, and they don’t have the receivers we do, but that isn’t the only reason he’s struggling. He doesn’t see the field very well and has trouble finding his man. He has had some time today and in his other starts, and hasn’t made much of those plays either.

There’s a reason he was behind KB and Zerrick Cooper in 2017. He just wasn’t as good as everyone thought he was going to be. It happens all the time with high school recruits. Hopefully he can develop in the next few years and have a decent career.

That's a bit harsh

Sep 22, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we ]

He had a good arm, really good athleticism, and was pretty good at the camps. The issue was that he played against terrible competition in HS and i don't think he's ever been able to make the leap. At that point its obvious he was never going to play at Clemson, but i think saying he was a wasted schollie as a prospect coming out of HS is too strong. It's not like TL was on board yet at that point.

This^^ he’s just not a great player

Sep 22, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Honestly, I've seen nothing that would indicate why we ]

Maybe he can develop into one by the time he’s a Jr or SR

Re: Hunter Johnson clearly doesn’t have the

Sep 21, 2019, 3:02 PM

He’s one of the few transfers I agreed with(not that it matters what I think). He made a thoughtful decision after surveying the landscape and left without a lot of fanfare, without an exit interview and still maintains a good close relationship with the President of his former university. I had hoped he would ball out and there is still time but it looks rough for him. I’m not sure he has the supporting cast at Northwestern he had at Clemson. I’ll continue to pull for him. He seems like a fine young man.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:13 PM

or maybe he was just not all that good to begin with and that is why he could not beat out Kelly Bryant. Can we finally put that one to bed?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 3:16 PM

He didn’t beat out Zerrick either.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:44 PM

Jacksonville State would probably beat Northwestern too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2019, 3:25 PM

I thought Dabo was nuts for not giving Hunter Johnson a chance against Syracuse 2 years ago when Zerrick Cooper was so terrible.

Today was informative.

Once again, Dabo and his staff know more about their players

Sep 21, 2019, 4:21 PM

than we do. Amazing how that works.

- H. L. Mencken

Sep 21, 2019, 4:26 PM

He should have wore his trevor lawrence panties today.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,626
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic