Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Humanitarian bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,193

Humanitarian bowl

Jun 25, 2019, 6:25 PM

Who did we play again?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Humanitarian bowl

Jun 25, 2019, 6:28 PM

LA Tech

Re: Humanitarian bowl

Jun 25, 2019, 6:31 PM

Snow and ice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

watch the play at 2:08:30

Jun 25, 2019, 7:41 PM

<###### width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/#####/-C7juREzTvc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Freezing to death in Idaho playing on butt-ugly blue turf...

Jun 25, 2019, 7:47 PM

Considering the paltry payout for that bowl, Clemson lost a lot of money playing in that one.

Hopefully the players and coaches got something enjoyable out of it, though.

I guess it beat staying at home for bowl season...sort of.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

One of my favorite bowl trips ever.

Jun 25, 2019, 7:57 PM

Obviously recent events have eclipsed that game, but my wife and I made the journey. It was pre-kids, it was somewhere we'd never been before and would likely not go again. We got to see Dantzler and the guys play one more game - and it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Southern football meets the nice people of Boise. Howard's Rock made of snow. Blue turf. A Clemson win.

I'll take it. Did, in fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Freezing to death in Idaho playing on butt-ugly blue turf...

Jun 25, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Freezing to death in Idaho playing on butt-ugly blue turf... ]

I worked the door with a guy at Backstreets that played in that bowl game and all he could talk about was how they took the whole team snow mobiling before the game and he thought he was going to die.

been to many bowl games, but the trip to Boise

Jun 25, 2019, 7:56 PM

was a favorite....I know there's a skepticism amongst those who didn't go, but the difference between going to a Florida bowl and cruising around the mountains and ski resorts of Idaho was refreshing. And I think there was something of a cultural exchange as well....certainly the good folks of Boise were taken by the accents and the politeness of so many visitors from the South

And there were a lot of Boise St fans who attended the game....very knowledgeable about parking lot tailgating in cold weather and snow. They were friendly, invitied us to come inside their toasty canvas tents to have a beer and to warm up....and asked lots of questions about where the #### Clemson was!!

It was different and it was fun.....and the Tigers won

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: been to many bowl games, but the trip to Boise

Jun 25, 2019, 9:57 PM

Thought the Humanitarian Bowl was last January when Clemson had mercy on 'Bammer at the end.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic