Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hulu users...question or two...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Hulu users...question or two...

Sep 23, 2019, 7:50 PM

I’m a recent cord-cutter, now with Hulu and their live tv...

I seem to struggle switching back and forth between games...it seems as if one game of interest repeatedly skips back to the beginning of a broadcast, and it is very stubborn to allow fast forwarding through it. Makes it very tough to flip back and forth between games. At best it pauses right where I left it to switch channels...but is hard to manipulate through the breaks.

I haven’t been able to figure out the cause. Is this because these are “my teams” and it is recording them to cloud? Is it a commercial break problem that it pauses for?

While watching CU-Syracuse and UF-UK, I got so far behind the live action in the UF game...it became nearly unwatchable.

Anyone else with this issue? Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

UFTiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hulu users...question or two...

Sep 23, 2019, 8:14 PM

Hi there UFTiger,

I live in Florida, got rid of cable, and use Hulu to watch Clemson games.

While Hulu does not lag all the time, my experience (others may have different experiences) is that it only lags for live sporting events, and sometimes just switching channels to check another game causes it to do so. The only way I've found to fix the issue of lag with Hulu when watching live sports is to switch from the TV, login to Hulu, and watch the game through my computer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tried Hulu, but like YouTube better. I actually prefer to

Sep 23, 2019, 8:54 PM

watch on my computer! On the computer, I can open 3 or 4 tabs, with YouTube open on each one, with a different game on each tab. I can quickly jump back and forth between games, and choosing which one to have sound on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hulu users...question or two...

Sep 23, 2019, 8:22 PM

I signed up for the 7 day trial on Saturday to watch the game. That was my first experience with Hulu. I was getting very frustrated with trying to watch the game. I switched to the Georgia game at halftime and when I came back after halftime I ended up sitting through about 6 minutes of ads before I could get back to the game and it was very difficult getting back to the live action. I canceled my 7 day trial the next day.

I've used Sling before and I like it better as far as live TV. As far as watching other shows that aren't live, Hulu is probably fine.

^^^this was my same experience^^^^

Sep 23, 2019, 8:25 PM

I cancelled right when the clock hit zero in the game. The forced ads are more than frustrating! You could rewind to re-watch part of the game and then are forced to re-watch ads to catch up. I'll never pay that much for anything that forces ads on me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Hulu is great. I switched to it about 90 days

Sep 23, 2019, 8:42 PM

ago after having been w DirecTV for 15 years.

The reason you are being sent back to your “left off” point when switching games is probably because you have Clemson set as a favorite. It will automatically record the games and it takes you back to the recorded point. Hope that makes sense. I had this problem at first as well. Easiest way to correct is to remove Clemson as a favorite, then just manually record games if you want. Should stop the issue.

That being said there is about a 1 min lag in the Hulu broadcast. I assume that is due to it streaming. No big deal for me so far.

Go with YouTube TV, you won't have those issues & only a 12

Sep 23, 2019, 8:49 PM

second lag in the stream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, All.

Sep 23, 2019, 8:51 PM

I switched from YouTube for the lack of History Channel...may have to switch back and figure out some other way for HC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I found you could skip past the ads by pausing and

Sep 24, 2019, 1:40 AM [ in reply to Hulu is great. I switched to it about 90 days ]

then scrolling past the end of the timeline. When you hit play it picks up wherever it is Live.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic