Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How similar is Kelly Bryant to Woody Dantzler?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

How similar is Kelly Bryant to Woody Dantzler?

Aug 30, 2017, 9:06 AM

Woody is the last Clemson qb that I can remember having great speed. Alot of our qbs have run with the ball but he was on another level when he took off. I think that KB is actually faster than Woody was. I'm not sure about passing. Woody wasn't a great passer but he was very effective and was able to put up over 2000 passing yards his last year. I haven't seen enough of KB passing the ball to guess whether he will be more productive than that, but I'm leaning towards yes just because we run such a wide open offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they both have 5 letters in their first name?

Aug 30, 2017, 9:10 AM

Do I win?

What do I win????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How similar is Kelly Bryant to Woody Dantzler?

Aug 30, 2017, 7:17 PM

Well KB definitely has better receivers than Woody had. No offense to those guys, but our WR's are off the chart. An average QB could look pretty good throwing to these guys IMO. KB is the best running QB I've seen in a while at CLEMSON, so there's that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 10:06 AM

Woody was one of the best, still underrated in my opinion.

But 5'10" 205-ish vs. 6'3" 215 (if up to date); while WD had the elusiveness and escapability, I think KB has/gonna show straight up acceleration and a better ability to forcibly fling ball with those measurements. He just will ...

Aug 30, 2017, 9:21 AM

To me, it's so hard to compare because the offenses are so different. We really don't know how many designed QB runs - I guess everyone's thinking is a lot more than we've seen in a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

both from SC***

Aug 30, 2017, 9:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

I'll take a shot at this one

Aug 30, 2017, 9:45 AM

Woodrow Dantzler would have been a great fit for this offense. He was more elusive than fast. (When Tye Hill and Airese Currie joined the team, Dantzler challenged them to a race. Asked afterwards about what happened, Tye Hill said "We hurt his feelings.")

KB looks to be faster than Woodrow, and close to as elusive in the pocket. Dantzler was an underated passer. He would have been hell with these receivers. And he just toyed with defenders in the pocket.

The jury is out on KB's arm, but I think it's better than people give him credit for.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll take a shot at this one

Aug 30, 2017, 10:00 AM

Great assessment

that was post ankle injury...Shawn Crawford only beat him by

Aug 30, 2017, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I'll take a shot at this one ]

a head in 99 according to Tommy and Rich Rod

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll take a shot at this one

Aug 31, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I'll take a shot at this one ]

The more I have watched his tape from HS and from the few attempts he's made, I think you are right. I see KB as a very capable QB who does have a great elusiveness, and he certainly isn't afraid to beat people with his legs. We will be just fine this year, and we are going to be under the radar for a couple of weeks. That is not too bad, either. Then, out of nowhere, like a bolt of orange lightning, the Tigers will strike with a vengeance. I will love to hear how fast the pundits backtrack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 9:49 AM

Run threats with great speed and elusiveness. Both are winners! Both are Tigers! 'Nuff said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 9:53 AM

What made Woody so dynamic wasn't his straight ahead speed...it was his incredible balance and quickness..
He was able to cut and change direction and get back up to speed quickly..
I doubt his 40 time was all that great..

Bryant probably has a better 40 time and a better arm...but it remains to be seen if he is as elusive or has the field presence Woody had...

Re: Agree - like Vick vs. Cam

Aug 30, 2017, 10:08 AM

spec and style wise.

they both like pancakes on their head?***

Aug 30, 2017, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Aug 30, 2017, 10:15 AM

http://www.courier-tribune.com/news/local/dantzler-football-was-avenue-me-my-purpose

Woody post football

I still remember seeing pics of his parents in the stands cheering on those 60 yrd scrambles!

He probably got a few DC fired back in the day

Btw, one website had him running a 4.59 pre draft

They're both very well spoken.***

Aug 30, 2017, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woody was UNDERRATED as a passer!!!!!!

Aug 30, 2017, 1:08 PM

One of things that gets lost in the debate about the "Catch" to Rod Gardener being a push-off is just how great that pass from Woody actually was. Running to his left, almost to the left hashmark he threw a pass with momentum going the other way, from his own thirty-five to a receiver about the other ten yard line(over fifty-five yards) on the right sideline that was a perfect strike. That pass was amazing!

is this post

Aug 30, 2017, 1:09 PM

rassist?

oh boy***

Aug 30, 2017, 1:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 31, 2017, 1:23 PM

If Kelly's passing accuracy has improved, he IS Woody Dantzler.!

does he drive a dodge neon?***

Aug 31, 2017, 1:36 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic