»
Topic: How seriously do we think Radakovich is taking basketball?
Replies: 14   Last Post: Mar 14, 2016 9:52 PM by: gville76
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

How seriously do we think Radakovich is taking basketball?

[2]
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 3:41 PM

Is there a performance review he will conduct within the next week or two regarding Brownell? Will he use that review as the basis to decide whether he wants to fire Brownell now or see how he does next year? Or do we think DRad has already decided to keep Brownell regardless?

2019 white level member

IMO, Brownell is not even close to losing his job.

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 3:50 PM

I think it's more likely he got ACC COY votes than it is he's on the hot seat.

Well he did get one ACC COY vote, so there's that

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:04 PM

As a side note, whoever cast that vote should never be allowed to vote again.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

DRAD decided 2 years ago that Brad would get next year

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 3:56 PM

no matter what the team did.

His team's lack of performance and the lack of a sense of urgency in recruiting by focusing on signing mostly transfers in spite of pressing immediate needs is the proof.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

based on what? what makes you say that?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:05 PM

DRAD's own words after the 2012-13 season:

CLEMSON - Show progress, or fear for your position, Brad Brownell was warned.

Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich wasn't ready in October to commit to Brownell long-term. He didn't exactly insist the Tigers cut down the nets at the Final Four right away - but he demanded improvement, and quickly.

After two consecutive losing seasons, Radakovich drew a line in the sand....

ok, so after that convo, BB won 23 games and went to the NIT. DRAD thought he saw enough of a future to reward him with a lucrative contract.

2 years AFTER the extension, we are 18-18 in the ACC, and missed the postseason altogether both years. Not good for Brownell, especially after your AD went out on a limb for you.

2019 orange level member

In the 2 years since the contract extension, there has been

[1]
Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:15 PM

a total lack of a sense of urgency to recruit players that can help without sitting out a year in spite of the overwhelming need to improve the talent level.

In spite of those needs, we signed Avry Holmes in May of 2014 and in April and May of 2015 when we signed two additional transfers Reed and Mitchell in spite of our obvious need for guard depth and length. It was obvious that Coach Brownell had no sense of urgency to make this year's team better. He was focused on 2016-2017.

That is what told me that DRad had told him not to worry about this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

according to this

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:14 PM

DRAD drew a "line in the sand" after the 2012-13 season. BB responded with 23 wins and an NIT invite...

DRAD thought he saw enough of a future that year to reward him with a lucrative extension. However, since then, we are 18-18 in the ACC, and have missed the postseason BOTH years...

you have to think DRAD feels let down, especially after he threw tons of support behind BB.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140523/PC20/140529684/1177/clemson-brownell-sign-new-six-year-deal

2019 orange level member

Re: How seriously do we think Radakovich is taking basketball?

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:19 PM

What do you expect him say about BB or the BB program!!! ;)

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:41 PM

With a $65 Million overhaul of LJ Coliseum, I suspect he is taking it rather seriously. The club seating at the revamped venue is priced out-of-sight for a very unimpressive duo of basketball programs, who will be playing their starting in November of this year.
Some folks in IPTAY and the AD's office were confident they will have something to attract folks to watch. Both men's and ladies' programs are in a heap of need to improve markedly and immediately.
I suspect that Brad needs to revamp the staff immediately based on the just concluded season's collapse. At 0-16 in conf. + a loss at ACC tourney, it appears that would be mandatory for the women Tigers, also.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 4:50 PM

we can tell this; if BB is here next year then he does not give a damn!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

63 millions worth********

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 5:09 PM

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

IMO DRad was fooled by the January run of wins ....

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 6:10 PM

He simple didn't do any preparation for a potential coaching change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Good Question ... but ...

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 8:16 PM

You've posed a good question and took it in the wrong direction (the Fire Brownell direction).

Is DRad serious? Based upon the failure of Clemson to be in ANY secondary tournament, I say NO.

There is at least one tournament other than the NIT and - in my opinion - DRad should have lobbied and promoted and gotten Clemson into that one. This comment applies to another recent year also ... so I say again, I do NOT THINK THAT DRAD IS SERIOUS ABOUT BASKETBALL!!

Fire Brownell? No.

Fire DRad? Perhaps.

military_donation.jpg

I don't think I took it in the wrong direction.

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 9:35 PM

Brownell hasn't performed and his job should be in jeopardy.

2019 white level member

I'd say a little over 60 million sirius

Posted: Mar 14, 2016 9:50 PM

As far as how serious DRad is as far as coaching goes - you'd have to ask Snowyork...He has the answer...Or better stated, one of his handles has the answer

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: CU vs. Charlotte - Family Weekend - on Saturday, 9/21 - 4 tickets ($160 for each ticket). Four GREAT...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1313 people have read this post