Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much does making the NCAA tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,851

How much does making the NCAA tournament

Feb 11, 2019, 8:13 PM

last year help us in recruiting?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much does making the NCAA tournament

Feb 11, 2019, 9:13 PM

Brownell needs to spend some time with Dabo and learn some of his swag in recruiting. Men's current basketball staff is not exactly lighting in up in recruiting. Next season might be a very long one due to the loss of 4 muti-year starters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Dabo can help Brad get all of the advantages he's had.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:23 PM

Such as:

-the best facilities in the nation
-the highest budget for assistant coaches in the nation
-the largest support staff in the nation
-a great tradition at the school in his sport
-the most supportive fans in his sport

Then we can see how well Brownell recruits compared to Dabo. Until then, your post just sounds ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dabo had only 1.5 of that list in 2010 when Brad started.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:33 PM

Maybe if Brad won like Dabo has he would have more of that list going for him a decade later now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo had only 1.5 of that list in 2010 when Brad started.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:28 AM

So are you saying that Brad needs to hire a high school coach as offensive coordinator to start getting major recruits?

Correct. And after underachieving for Dabo’s first couple of

Feb 12, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Dabo had only 1.5 of that list in 2010 when Brad started. ]

years, the administration decided that it was going to take better facilities and a larger assistant coach budget to compete at a higher level.

Regarding facilities, the WEZ helped, but it wasn’t until construction started on the indoor practice building that we began recruiting at an elite level.

We also didn’t become a top 10 team until Dabo was given the budget to get Venables and Morris. Even then, it took a few years (and a change at OC) before that translated into becoming an elite program.

Let’s assume that Dabo only got the WEZ and not the other facilities. And let’s assume Dabo still had Napier and Steele (or even Morris) as his coordinators. Do you think we would have had anywhere close to the success we’ve had over the last 5-6 seasons?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge, your points are mostly correct, but I don't think

Feb 12, 2019, 3:53 AM [ in reply to Maybe Dabo can help Brad get all of the advantages he's had. ]

Dabo's support staff is nearly as big as Saban's!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judge, your points are mostly correct, but I don't think

Feb 12, 2019, 9:27 AM

Emotional support after a big loss doesn't count in the official count for staff members.

Re: Maybe Dabo can help Brad get all of the advantages he's had.

Feb 12, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Maybe Dabo can help Brad get all of the advantages he's had. ]

One thing that will never compare is the history of ACC basketball and Clemson has never sniffed it. Dabo has never had to compete with that. Football is rural and basketball is urban and that is just the way it is.

I think it helps a little, but the 4 and 5 star recruits

Feb 11, 2019, 10:25 PM

are mostly considering programs that make the NCAA Tournament on a regular basis. While last year's Sweet 16 team was great for us, recruits are going to need to see a few of those in close proximity to see Clemson basketball as a legitimate program with staying power. It's hard to overcome the perception that Clemson only cares about football, and isn't the place for serious basketball players.

Re: I think it helps a little, but the 4 and 5 star recruits

Feb 12, 2019, 9:14 AM

Looking at the ESPN top 100 it’s good to see a point guard on the list coming to Clemson.

I agree, Dawes is a very good player.

Feb 12, 2019, 10:22 AM

I honestly think he is underrated, despite being a 4 star and top 100 player.

Even with Zion bailing, Brownell landed a very decent class

Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 PM

last year, and we're looking solid on needs (re guards) this go round. CBB has caught a lot of misguided flak for not recruiting well over his time here but to me it seems like it's been a steady progression forward most years, though nothing spectacular. On paper we should be outperforming last year's squad - still time in the season to do so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much does making the NCAA tournament

Feb 12, 2019, 9:52 AM

String 3 tourney appearances in a row and we will average a top 25 type class.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,851
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic