Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many scholarships do we have left available?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

How many scholarships do we have left available?

Apr 12, 2017, 9:32 AM

Hoping we have enough room to sign most of the top recruits: carman, henry, mitchell, surtain, wynn, salyer, ross or white. Carman to me is TOP priority. I see most people think that white and wynn are going to GA. I like henry's and ross's tape. Salyer, mitchell and surtain are solid as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wondering that myself. Does either of the two medical

Apr 12, 2017, 9:38 AM

hardships open up an additional scholly? Because I had heard 15-17 for this year but it looks like we may have that many oversign worthy guys looking our way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Wondering that myself. Does either of the two medical

Apr 12, 2017, 12:40 PM

Green's medical exemption gives us one more scholarship.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Do you know how many Juniors will leave early?

Apr 12, 2017, 9:42 AM

We have 7 rising Seniors, currently 82 of 85 scholarships granted, one will go to the winner of the starting punter battle, that makes 9 scholarships guaranteed available for 2018 and we already have 8 commitments. Some will leave early. How many? Who knows. Coaches have indicated a small class of around 15.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Ferrell is the only soph I see that could leave early.***

Apr 12, 2017, 9:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mitch Hyatt, Christian Wilkins...

Apr 12, 2017, 10:03 AM

Mark Fields, Austin Bryant, and Deon Cain if they have big years. Then there's always the handful of unexpected transfers. C.J. Fuller and Adam Choice will both have degrees and could decide to leave as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Why would CJ Fuller leave?

Apr 12, 2017, 1:02 PM

when he's in line to be starting?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say Fuller, he said Fuller OR Choice. It's not too

Apr 12, 2017, 1:07 PM

unreasonable to think that one of them could end up 3rd string behind the other and Feaster. Whoever that is may want to take the free grad transfer for more PT in 2018.

My point is that we should hold off on anointing Feaster

Apr 12, 2017, 1:14 PM

and actually let Fuller enjoy the #1 spot on the depth chart. If he gets passed, he gets passed, but I feel like there are too many people on here hoping it will happen. Is Feaster not a possibility to transfer if Etienne passes him on the depth chart and Fuller and Choice are the 1/2 punch this year?

None of those are sophs***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Mitch Hyatt, Christian Wilkins... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ferrell is the only soph I see that could leave early.***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Ferrell is the only soph I see that could leave early.*** ]

Hyatt, Cain, and Wilkins could also leave early. Lets face it Wilkins plays anything like he has the last 2 years then he is a 1st rounder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But not a soph***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:45 PM

Re: Do you know how many Juniors will leave early?

Apr 12, 2017, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Do you know how many Juniors will leave early? ]

Definitely the nine you mentioned and Noah Greens scholarship, probably 1 QB and 1 TE transfer, and I'd guess around 3 juniors to the draft (Wilkins, Hyatt, Cain). So that puts us at 15.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

81 of 85 since Noah Green is done playing***

Apr 12, 2017, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Do you know how many Juniors will leave early? ]

Re: How many scholarships do we have left available?

Apr 12, 2017, 9:43 AM

With Noah's medical issue opening a spot we have 11 guaranteed spots available. 8 of those spots have already been taken.

I don't know if the staff will stop taking commitments until after the season when early NFL departures/transfers will begin. I seriously doubt they'll take much more than 12-13 guys until that point.

I think we'll end up with between 16-18 in this class when all is said and done.

Apr 12, 2017, 9:52 AM

We will probably get a qb transfer as well as maybe another guy unexpectantly. Not to mention Wilkins, Hyatt, Cain, and McCloud could all go pro with a good year

not enough!

Apr 12, 2017, 10:10 AM

but signing 15 or 16 at the quality of these guys we're on right now is as good or better than a large class with a bunch of hit or miss players (like the 2011 class, first instance)

BE great to pick up salyer and jackson

Apr 12, 2017, 10:16 AM

salyer is a mean hard hitting olineman. Saw film of him doing one on one drills. He hits first and hard.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:36 PM

I know some eyes will roll and butts will bleed for posting this here but whatever:

https://apple.news/AajQ2y_lqSmWv_UblE5ZLNw

:)

All I know is we better start thinking offensive linemen soon and seriously.

7 seniors, 4 currently open, + attrition

Apr 12, 2017, 1:04 PM

attrition is the million dollar question. we have quite a few guys who could go pro. we have a number of guys who could potentially be grad transfers elsewhere. we could also see underclassmen decide to leave with huge talent we are continually bringing in

Apr 12, 2017, 1:12 PM

The total looks like 15 or 16. Green's move has already been factored in because he made the decision in December. Tisch was not a scholarship player. We have 8 guys in the fold, so that leaves 7 or 8 slots remaining.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic