Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many dual-threat QBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,189

How many dual-threat QBs

Apr 26, 2018, 8:24 AM

have we recruited since Chad Morris left? Does anyone know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many dual-threat QBs

Apr 26, 2018, 11:10 AM

Every QB we have recruited has the ability to throw and run so the answer is all of them. You may be confused by how the rating services groups them but regardless all of our QBs can do both.

Apr 26, 2018, 11:26 AM

Does it matter really? While you answer that, how many bigger star RB's have been recruited since Morris left too? Because all you need to counter not having a dominant running QB is good RB's. Etienne (4 star), Feaster (5 star), Dixon (4 star), & Mellusi (4 star)

But, all of the QB's we have can do both...and contrary to your point, Zerrick Cooper was a dual threat, not recruited by Morris (DW was Morris' last QB recruit)...and well, last I saw, he just transferred.

Apr 26, 2018, 2:10 PM

Agreed. More dominant RB's can help offset, but having both is even better as long as the passing accuracy/ability does not suffer. Seems like we are getting more "pro-style", less run oriented prospects these days. Looking at Tua and Fields it seems like Bama & UGA are going to hit the field with a slightly different skill mix for the next couple of years. I think both styles can be successful and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Can't ask for better passing accuracy than TL and from what I have seen he does seem to run/scramble well. HJ is a similar mix to me. Can we keep a balanced (run/pass) approach offensively this year with our O-Line and RB's without KB this year? Do we even need to with all the weapons we have on the outside? It will be interesting to see how it plays out this year with the offensive play calling...

Go Tigers!

Apr 26, 2018, 2:53 PM

IMO, it's easier to get that style when you have better RB's...even with a pro-style guy that can run a bit, and/or extend plays. In the end, you really don't want your QB doing most of the running, as it increases chances of injury. You just need him to be able to extend plays or be enough of a threat that they have to account for it, which I believe all of the guys we've recruited are good enough for that. Trevor Lawrence was even fairly known for his ability to extend plays with his legs...can be seen in several write ups on him, much less the discussions of his 50 yard TD run in practice.

RA’d for Racist poast

Apr 26, 2018, 2:42 PM

Signed - DW4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you getting at?

Apr 26, 2018, 2:56 PM

How many games not started by Cole Stoudt have we lost since he left?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,189
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic