Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long before Taggart of FSU will be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

How long before Taggart of FSU will be

Sep 11, 2019, 9:21 PM

Let go? Could it happen mid season? Heck, might be after this weekend if they lose by more than 30 to virginia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long before Taggart of FSU will be

Sep 11, 2019, 9:33 PM

December 13, 2024

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:34 PM

December 12, 2023

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Lawyers are probably working on the paperwork as I type.***

Sep 11, 2019, 9:36 PM

Sep 11, 2019, 9:37 PM

They can't afford his buy out at present.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:39 PM

Exactly, they really messed up! Thank you Lord!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 11, 2019, 9:42 PM

Actually, I'd like to see some program in the ACC step it up and at the very least give the Tigers a chance to win some conference games against ranked opponents.

An article I read recently indicated that the FSU

Sep 11, 2019, 10:08 PM

administration was well-aware of the mess Fisher left, and, hence, were very supportive of Taggart.

How long so will more than likely depend on the number of embarrassing losses racked, as well as the buyout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 10:33 PM

Doesn't matter what his buyout is. They can't afford to keep Taggert if fans and alumni show disinterest in the program because they want him gone. If UVA beats the snot out of them Saturday, he may not last beyond this weekend.

Bringing Jim Leavitt in after two games as an "analyst" shows just how desperate, helpless and hopeless Taggert is. It is a confession of incompetence.
https://www.tomahawknation.com/2019/9/11/20702907/florida-state-football-jim-leavitt-analyst-defensive-coordinator

Sep 11, 2019, 10:38 PM

In all due respect, how does bringing in an experienced defensive staff, whom he has worked with before, to remedy problems mean he is hopeless, incompetent, and desperate? Sounds like he is drawing from his resources.

Sep 11, 2019, 11:11 PM

We all know Taggart is not an "Xs and Os" guy (nothing wrong with that). This means besides his supposed strength at recruiting, he must hire top notch assistant coaches.

After their defense became a dumpster fire the last half of 2018, Taggert kept the DC instead of replacing him. Big mistake. Not too surprisingly, the trend continued this year and they gave up 36 to Boise State and 44 to ULM.

If that isn't pure incompetence, the term has no meaning. Rare mid-season moves like this are acts of haste and desperation. Should have done this over the summer.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:56 AM

He lost at home to Boise with the game on the line on a walk off illegal formation call - after the officials had clearly warned him multiple times prior in the game for the same formation.

His teams are worse than undisciplined. They are unprepared and disengaged.

Jim Leavitt May not last a week there before he chokes somebody out.

Sep 12, 2019, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Re: How long before Taggart of FSU will be ]

I see what your saying.

They are becoming the coots of Florida

Sep 11, 2019, 10:37 PM

actually all the schools are a dumpster fire. That's why we can go down there and pluck who we want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 11:51 PM

Actually, FSU is currently negotiating with UofSuc to see if they can trade head coaches with no buyouts. Two heads are better than one I guess.

Sep 11, 2019, 11:54 PM

Both he and Muscoot have too big of buyouts. They are stuck with them for a couple of years I believe.

Sep 12, 2019, 7:35 AM

I think he has two more years unless NEXT year becomes horrific.

Then again, if he is 2-10 this year - bye!

My guess is he’s fired after next year

Sep 12, 2019, 8:15 AM

They can’t afford his buyout this year and with the article/propaganda piece they put out this summer blaming everything on Jimbo, they would be facing a lot of blowback.

Losing Akers after this year and replacing him with decent/not great talent is going to slow down this offense even more and he’s not going to be able to recruit because of the unrest in the fanbase.

That being said, it wouldn’t shock me if FSU bit the bullet and gave him until 2021 as you said.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:52 AM

Right about now, I bet FSU wishes they had Tennessee on there schedule.

FSU is such a dumpster fire. Their finances aren't in good shape. Firing a coach after 2 years is a bad look especially when you made the case that Jimbo left you in bad shape. And Jimbo walked away from a top tier program to go to another program with a harder road to championships. Sends up a lot of red flags to future coaching prospects. Which means they'll have to pay even more for the next coach.

I look forward to putting a 60 bomb on them this year. FFSU

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic