Topic: How is KJ Henry going?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 13, 2019 5:53 PM by: wildblulou®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

How is KJ Henry going?

[1]
Posted: Aug 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but he was a 5 star DE out of NC. I think uniform number was 13. I saw him on espnu last night and he was making plays

Re: How is KJ Henry going?

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 3:48 PM

He is my pick for surprise player of the year.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 3:48 PM

He is my pick for surprise player of the year.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 3:59 PM

I think he is one of the five DEs who at present time will part of the rotation. According to Dabo, no particular one has stepped up to distinguish themselves from the other four.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 4:22 PM

That's because they are all so good. ;)

[10]
Posted: Aug 13, 2019 4:27 PM

TigerLinks said:

I think he is one of the five DEs who at present time will part of the rotation. According to Dabo, no particular one has stepped up to distinguish themselves from the other four.

That's actually not...quite...true.

Henry came in underweight and realized he was buried behind some monsters and needed to redshirt. That said, he's got the most explosive first step of probably any DE that Clemson has ever had, like...ever, and that includes Vic Beasley and Ricky Sapp. He came to my son's school this past summer and my son said he was over three bags before anybody else finished with two. He's also apparently super-coachable, intelligent, and has a great work ethic off the field.

He's got a ways to go before he's ready to be a full-time end - he needs to keep getting stronger and improve against the run if he's going to be a three-down player - but in obvious passing situations you can pretty much guarantee that #13 is likely to be out there.

The others will command loads of time because there's five likely future-NFL guys fighting for time, but Henry probably does have the highest ceiling if he develops to it. Which is saying quite a lot, in that group.

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 4:59 PM

Nice summary - quozzel ! Thanks for the post !

2019 purple level member

You gotta be impressed with a kid like Henry who actually

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 5:53 PM

asked the coaches for a redshirt so he could spend more time developing his body and technique instead of game prepping last season, looking toward the future, which apparently is now already.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Aug 13, 2019 5:46 PM

I asked something similar previously, and I think the responses I got attributed his lack of PT to Justin Foster. Foster is definitely a great player, but I love watching Henry get in their backfield so quickly. We have awesome players.

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: Have 2 tickets in Section UI, Row G, Seats 31 & 33 for sale for $225 for the pair. Will mail them AS...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1925 people have read this post