Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you view Miami, based on the ACCCG, in 2018?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How do you view Miami, based on the ACCCG, in 2018?

Jun 29, 2018, 12:31 PM

As Clemson fans, you could look at the Beat-down we gave Miami 1 of 2 ways.

1) that Miami in only CMR 2nd year finally won the Coastal, but limped in with several injuries, ran into a brick wall of CU playing our best most complete game of 2017, had good looking athletes which leads to the belief that Miami deserves its high Top 10 preseason ranking.

2) that Miami always has athletes, injuries happen but in no way excuse the fact that Miami was completely outclassed at every position by Clemson. Mark Richt always wins some games, then loses to a team like Pitt, then loses the big game when it matters. They wont make any significant noise nationally in 2018 with Malik Rosier, who is not an elite QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They werent very good. The coastal sucks.***

Jun 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you view Miami, based on the ACCCG, in 2018?

Jun 29, 2018, 1:04 PM

The QB they picked up this year, Jarren Williams I think is his name, could be pretty good. They also lost their entire 2-deep for their DTs. I think they'll probably get out of the coastal again because I'm not all that high on VT, but they'll probably get smashed by us again in the championship game.

For his career Manny Diaz has been a pretty average defensive coordinator, and nobody has done less with more than Mark Richt during his tenure at UGA.

Jun 29, 2018, 1:55 PM

I view Miami the same way I view the rest of the ACC, mediocre. Clemson is by far and away the class of the conference and it’s realky not close (sorry FSU). I mean, Wisconsin handled Miami in their own house in the orange bowl for goodness sake! Can you imagine being gifted a NY6 bowl game on your home field and getting smacked?

Not ready for prime time.***

Jun 29, 2018, 2:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Building.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:02 PM

They will dominate that side of the conference for many years with Coach MR and the conscentration of local talent thereabouts. When MR establishes a winning program with the local kids those further and further away will be wanting to play in Miami.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Building.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:08 PM

Dead on assessment. Miami 2017 reminded me of 2011 clemson minus the acc championship. The difference is that clemson 2011 did not have a 2017 clemson to face. Make no mistake Miami is coming.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:06 PM

It shows the separation between the Coastal and Atlantic. It's as apparent as the SEC east and the west when UF and Alabama played two years in a row and Bama throttled them. I don't think Miami is a bad team as they were riddled with injuries and missed a few big connections in the passing game that led to benefit us in the end but all in all I think either way we win huge in that game and even bigger had we kept our foot on the gas we could've won by 40-50.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:10 PM

Problem was we didnt have our top 3 offensive playmakers. When you are clemson, you can sub in 5 start after 5 star. Miami doenst have the depth yet. We are getting there though.

With Rosier at qb, Tha U is more like Tha Ewww.

Jun 29, 2018, 2:18 PM

I was at the ACCCG, and I witnessed firsthand that downright atrocious Miami offense.

It took a minor miracle for them to score a field goal.

Rosier is awful and Richt is good for 2 or 3 brain farts a year. They’ll be good... as long as they don’t play CLEMSON. Clemson is their daddy and everyone on that team knows it.

~JKB

Jun 29, 2018, 2:28 PM

I hope we see them again in Charlotte. I never got to say anything to them after the 3rd quarter last year. They were Obnoxious walking in the stadium and didn’t see one while walking out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2018, 2:54 PM

I think Miami was injured and worn out at the end of the season. I think they are much better than the team we played in the ACCCG. Of course they aren't nearly as good as Clemson. But I think they will be a top 10 team by the end of the year and the second best in the ACC.

Jun 29, 2018, 3:22 PM

Agreed. They are similar to the team that got whipped by WVU. They are still missing some pieces and with their good recruiting they will probably find them eventually. They need a QB more than anything.

They lost by 10 with a -2 TO margin, not really a beat down... Only 23 yard deficit.

For now they don't have the horses to run with Clemson on most nights. Guess what? Only Bama, tOSU, and MAYBE UGA do.

We probably see them again and give them another beatdown at the end of the year. After that it will depend on how our QB development is. I believe in TL but he's never thrown a pass in college.

Jun 29, 2018, 3:49 PM

As others have said, they are re-building. They lack quality depth in the trenches.

With that said, I give them about 1-2 additional recruiting cycles under Richt to be competitive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic