Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you know when you're a elite program?........This
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

How do you know when you're a elite program?........This

Nov 29, 2016, 4:06 PM

happens. This morning on the Dan Patrick Show Tom Herman was a guest. Dan asked Herman what his plans were for Texas, the pressure of the expectations,etc. Herman said that for Texas to continue to improve and compete with the "elite programs, the Alabama's, the Ohio State's, the Clemson's of the world".......yada yada etc.

When you're mentioned in that threesome, in passing, off-the-cuff by the Texas Head Coach....YOU A BIG BOY....DATS RITE!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you know when you're a elite program?........This

Nov 29, 2016, 4:14 PM

I think that elite is hanging around and finishing in the top ten year in and year out is considered to be elite!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^That too^^^***

Nov 29, 2016, 5:09 PM

Which we have, and is why he included us.***

Nov 29, 2016, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you know when you're a elite program?........This ]

Nov 29, 2016, 6:31 PM

I heard that this morning as well and was hoping someone would post about this out. Loved that TH thought of our program in that way. And there was no disputing it on the show. Winning, athletes, coaching, facilities. It's all right here right now.

I'd like to seal the deal with a Natty

Nov 29, 2016, 6:59 PM

Way overdue for this program.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd like to seal the deal with a Natty

Nov 29, 2016, 7:27 PM

I agree 12,000,000%. I would much rather we win a team Natty over an individual Heisman trophy any day!!! A Natty means that you had a team that worked their AS$ES off as a group and won the most predigest award in college FB that proved they were the best team of players in the country. That is way more important than 1 player having others sweating their nuts saying they were the best individual player in the country!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Gotta focus^^^***

Nov 30, 2016, 6:42 PM [ in reply to I'd like to seal the deal with a Natty ]

BOFUS?***

Nov 30, 2016, 8:51 PM

Nov 30, 2016, 7:00 PM

Herman's not the only one. I routinely make the long drive back on Sundays after games to FL. Since there's little to listen to in the morning college sports related, I've started listening to the "Bulldog Brunch" -- mostly because it's fun to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth after losses to Vandy, GT, etc.

Among all the griping was a statement made by the hosts (Kevin Butler and whoever the other guy is) that Smart and the staff need to look to someplace like Clemson where Dabo has built up what we have now over time.

Enjoyed that one...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard it as well. Was surprised to hear that group

Nov 30, 2016, 8:58 PM

discussing how their program needed to follow Clemson's model. Yep - folks know Clemson is for real (except a couple in the media "profession" looking for ratings ;) )

Go Tigers !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. We are in rare air in terms of national reputation.***

Nov 30, 2016, 9:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 9:14 PM

When you hire the interim coach to head coach and he goes 6 straight seasons with 10 or more wins. Before that the program had only 4 of those seasons in its entire history? Maybe.... Just spit balling here

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic