Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19

Feb 19, 2018, 4:57 PM

We have already been operating without Grantham, but also lose Devoe and Donnal.

We have 3 incoming guys, does anyone know if any of the 3 are instant contributor types? Without the true freshman:

G Mitchell/Trapp
G Reed/Oliver
F Skara/Spencer
F Simms/William
F/C Thomas/???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three freshman will be....

Feb 19, 2018, 5:09 PM

John Newman 6'5 SG
Hunter Tyson 6'7 SF
Trey Jemison 6'11 C

I don't know much about these guys, but obviously we would need some minutes out of the big guy.

My 2 cents

Feb 19, 2018, 5:58 PM

None of those guys are program changers; I think if Brad is going maintain what he has
going. It's going have to be through transfers, like he has been doing.
He hasn't shown any signs to build this team through recruiting (from HS) and He's
going have to go the way of JUOC or transfers.
IMO

We don't take JUCOs.

Feb 19, 2018, 9:58 PM

Brownell will take a transfer if he feels that player can help us. He has shown an ability to get some excellent ones.

I disagree with you about high school recruits though. Simms is a very well-developed player, especially by Clemson standards. Newman is also very good, and will get plenty of playing time as a freshman next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: My 2 cents

Feb 20, 2018, 10:36 AM [ in reply to My 2 cents ]

Newman will play significant minutes as a freshman, and Trapp and Simms are far more developed than many/any of the freshmen Brownell has brought in before. The only other significant first-year contributors we've had were Grantham and Blossomgame.

Re: Three freshman will be....

Feb 20, 2018, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Three freshman will be.... ]

The Tyson kid will be the best shooter on the team the moment he steps on campus. Also he’s now listed at 6’ 8” - I think he’ll push for PT.

Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19

Feb 19, 2018, 5:14 PM

John Newman is a 4 star player who could definitely push for some minutes.

Feb 19, 2018, 9:23 PM

Newman was behind the bench at the Dook game. I've read he is very underrated.

Feb 20, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19 ]

Jemison is also a 4 star. Not sure why some are saying they won't have an impact

Feb 19, 2018, 5:15 PM

That’s a great question because it’s tough to get info on bball recruiting and baseball recruiting. Or at least for me it is. Baseball you have to pay and a guy can commit and end up going to the big leagues. A lot of talk about Zion but other than that, I don’t hear much ratings on our bball recruiting like fb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 5:24 PM

I would not be surprised to see Spencer and perhaps one other player transfer to get more play elsewhere. We have an immediate need for another point guard and a stronger inside player like Donnal. Brownell has a good track record on locating transfers who can play as graduate students.

I hope we quietly make the moves needed to acquire two solid contributors.

Go Tigers!

We got a kid in the local high school who is 7’

Feb 19, 2018, 5:31 PM

They say he is reasonably coordinated for a person of Northern European heritage. Will refer to Coaching/Scouting staff. Yes, he is on the Basketball Team. I have not seen him play. I do not pay attention to High School basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the kid's name or high school?

Feb 19, 2018, 5:39 PM

Thank you!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: What's the kid's name or high school?

Feb 19, 2018, 5:47 PM

Last name is Munson

I just looked him up, he is only a Junior now :(

Friend who coaches AAU says he is good ! Its all hearsay to me ... Roster Follows

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-potomac-wolverines-(alexandria,va)/basketball/roster.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19 ]

That's what I think will happen to Spencer. He was rated the nr 138 prospect regardless of position by Rivals, nr 24 small forward by ESPN and nr 26 by Scout. Thought he would have a breakout year, but he hasn't been able to get his offense on track.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

DeVoe graduating will open the door for Spencer...

Feb 20, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19 ]

The question will be if he is ready for more minutes. His defense will need to be good, or Skara will get those minutes.
His lack of time this year is due to us playing a 3 guard lineup for the most part. Next year will be different without DeVoe.
If Spencer can shoot the 3, we will need him....we saw what life looked like with only 2 shooters on Sunday.

we saw what life looked like with only 2 shooters on Sunday

Feb 20, 2018, 8:22 AM

Thus the mystery why Donnal was taken out ...

Feb 20, 2018, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19 ]

More playing time is available on that roster. Losing DeVoe and Grantham opens up a TON of minutes at the forward spots. I also tend to think, in a perfect world, Skara is the type of guy Brownell wants to bring off the bench, even though he'll be more experienced, due to his versatility.

Feb 20, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we see the basketball depth chart in 2018-19 ]

Spencer is also close to Simms (high school teammates). So there's a personal connection he may not get elsewhere.

Have to wait and see who transfers in and out.

Feb 20, 2018, 8:33 AM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic