Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we know Brad wants to come back??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

How do we know Brad wants to come back??

Mar 14, 2019, 1:00 PM

I know those will say because he makes a lot of money, but he might be unhappy.

I dont know I would want to stay at a place where the majority of fans werent behind me?

He might be looking at other mid level options. It's not always about money...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d be all for it

Mar 14, 2019, 1:06 PM

Would save the school a lot of money. Hard to blame the fans for not coming out when you don’t give them a reason to be excited about the state of the program. Follow up a great sweet sixteen run with almost the whole team back with a completely underwhelming and underachieving year.

He's not going to walk away from $12.5 Million.

Mar 14, 2019, 1:08 PM

How tough could it be to stay?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not going to walk away from $12.5 Million.

Mar 14, 2019, 1:12 PM

Plus no agent is going to let him walk from that without a buyout.

So yes, it’s about the money not living in the OP’s fantasy world

He does. He loves Clemson and wants to make our

Mar 14, 2019, 1:18 PM

program successful. That's why he's done so much behind the scenes that most of you have no idea about. That's also why he took a cut in his buyout, to stick around and divert those funds to other areas of the program (assistant coaches, support staff, etc.).

I am confident that he's only leaving if he is asked to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I am confident he must have diverted some funds

Mar 14, 2019, 1:29 PM

I think Brownell is a great guy and has been good

Mar 14, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to He does. He loves Clemson and wants to make our ]

for our program. But, I think it is time for a change. Every time we seem to take a step forward, we take 2 steps back.

He's just not the coach we need at Clemson. I think he's a great basketball mind. Probably a solid mid-major coach or a great assistant coach at a basketball school like UVA or Louisville. He's just not the leader Clemson desperately needs in basketball.

I agree

Mar 14, 2019, 1:44 PM

How is the reduction of the buyout a "diversion of funds to

Mar 14, 2019, 2:19 PM [ in reply to He does. He loves Clemson and wants to make our ]

other areas of the program" by Brad Brownell?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In his meeting with Radakovich in spring 2017

Mar 14, 2019, 2:25 PM

they discussed a lot. Clemson wanted Brownell to lower his buyout, to protect Clemson if Brownell was fired. Brownell agreed to that, under the condition that his assistants would get some much needed raises (in order to help us keep them) and that we would also get some additional support staff to help with recruiting, social media, etc.

Sorry if I didn't state that well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He got a nice pay raise and extension as well.

Mar 14, 2019, 2:38 PM

He wanted an extension from 2021 to avoid the recruiting backlash that would result from a contract that wouldn't extend through a players career. He wanted a pay raise. He got both, but we lowered his buyout to protect us from the greater commitment we were making to him, should he not live up to expectations.

I don't see the reduction in his buyout as benevolent towards Clemson.

When does all of that translate into better basketball?

Mar 14, 2019, 2:38 PM [ in reply to He does. He loves Clemson and wants to make our ]

How many more years should he get? Do results matter at all (because they haven't been good)?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How do we know Brad wants to come back??

Mar 14, 2019, 1:20 PM

One can always hope he'd leave. That's about all we got to hope for with him at the controls. Can't recruit (obviously) or coach (apparently)!

Nice pulse! 5%?!? I've never seen one that low.***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:21 PM

Re: Nice pulse! 5%?!? I've never seen one that low.***

Mar 14, 2019, 1:24 PM

Have you been watching BB since 1968? Only want us to succeed.

Hopefully he doesn't***

Mar 14, 2019, 2:23 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic