Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did you react this year compared to two years ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

How did you react this year compared to two years ago

Jan 11, 2019, 5:02 PM

This year I couldn't quit smiling! I was in complete shock and awe! It was beautiful!

Two years ago I cried and yelled so loud I woke the neighborhood! Best sports moment ever!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same reaction as two years ago

Jan 11, 2019, 5:09 PM

Watched by myself...smiled like the 'cat that swallowed the canary' the next day.

The only awkward part was not really paying close attention to the 4th quarter. That was just...weird. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did you react this year compared to two years ago

Jan 11, 2019, 5:11 PM

It wasn’t as emotional as 2016 but I believe it was more satisfying

Jan 11, 2019, 5:13 PM

It was kind of like the #### game... only I was expecting a comeback that failed to materialize.

Was able to attend both games. Two years ago it was utter

Jan 11, 2019, 5:17 PM

pandemonium going crazy in the stands after HR's catch. From trailing to champs in just a few seconds. This year it was a gradual thing that started mid-second quarter and peaked I think on the TD catch by Higgins. There was ZERO question at that point. Not sure which is better, but I sure as heck enjoyed both!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was able to attend both games. Two years ago it was utter

Jan 11, 2019, 6:04 PM

You nailed it. I was lucky enough to attend both and you described the different moods perfectly. Watching that 10 minute drive in the 4th safely ensconced in the knowledge that we again would be national champions.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was able to attend both games. Two years ago it was utter

Jan 11, 2019, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Was able to attend both games. Two years ago it was utter ]

You nailed it. I was lucky enough to attend both and you described the different moods perfectly. Watching that 10 minute drive in the 4th safely ensconced in the knowledge that we again would be national champions.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This year dancing around the room happy

Jan 11, 2019, 6:05 PM

2016 flopping on the floor like a fish after pulling all my hair out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 6:22 PM

This was last 2016. Absolute sheer joy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had tears two years ago. It was almost anticlimactic the way our boys

Jan 11, 2019, 6:23 PM

Handled bidness so well. So #### eating grin but no tears.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 6:29 PM

Much drunker this time because I was celebrating way earlier in the game. I cried both games, but this one was different. Different sense of pride vs slaying the dragon like 16. I saw a Bamer homer here in town, Savannah last Saturday and told her go Tigers... her reply was ”yea...good luck.” Even though my confidence was very conservative it caught me in a way that I replied, “Bama is gonna need a whole lot more than luck” then walked away. Even a few seconds after I walked away I was thinking my butt just wrote a check if I ever see her again... God I hope I do, lol!!!!

Well done!***

Jan 11, 2019, 6:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The games were so different

Jan 11, 2019, 6:43 PM

Two years ago you had the literal last-second victory score to wrap up the drive of destiny... “Let’s be legendary, let’s be great”. Lots of jumping up and down, yelling, and the perma-grin. This time it was such a beat down that by the 4th quarter I was just kinda staring at the screen in disbelief with the perma-grin. I watched it at Dave and Buster’s with some buddies, and we all just staggered out afterward in disbelief.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The games were so different

Jan 11, 2019, 6:57 PM

Yes! It was so different this time! By the 4th Qtr I was just feeling so peaceful, confident and happy! (It was freaking awesome!)??

Jan 11, 2019, 7:18 PM

My biggest reaction was during the pick 6 when I kicked a coke onto the guy in front of me. There were 5 WSU, BYU, and random California fans in front of us all pulling for Clemson. The guy didn’t mind his WSU sweatshirt being stained with coke.

Two years ago, tears and puffy eyes and runny nose...

Jan 11, 2019, 7:36 PM

...a day later...sheer joy and overwhelming emotional response that surprised me some...lots of nostalgia from the '81 experience (I was around then too).

This year, just happiness and an ear to ear smile that won't go away. Then scouring the internet for reaction YouTubes and social media from any and all corners. The Clemson accolades have been pretty much unanimous from everyone...even the sensible Tide people.

After watching Alabama's film for a week against the teams..

Jan 12, 2019, 5:34 AM

that struggled the least to score against them I gained a confidence level of 90% plus that we would beat them by 17 points. A 34-17 victory was my expectation though I added that it would feel more like a 30 point win. There were several factors considered.

Trevor got better and better all year. His learning curve was near to vertical and had barely turned to level out when we took the field against Pitt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 7:13 AM

Two years ago there was a much greater instantaneous explosion of celebration when Hunter made the catch. Went from tedious hoping to joy in one second. This year celebrated continuously throughout the game, growing more confident with each score and each defensive stand!! Kind of like this year better.... Left no doubt - and much easier on the old ticker !! -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic