Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did the actions of a racist POS cop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

How did the actions of a racist POS cop

Jun 6, 2020, 6:49 AM

Now become and indictment on every white person and everything they might’ve said their whole life? First with Clemson now with Iowa

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do we even know he was a racist?***

Jun 6, 2020, 6:58 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How do we even know he was a racist?***

Jun 6, 2020, 7:02 AM

We don't but in today's society if a white person has a negative interaction with a black person they are racist period.

Jun 6, 2020, 7:29 AM

How do we know it was a negative interaction?

Jun 6, 2020, 7:32 AM

outlaw1081 said:

How do we know it was a negative interaction?

Well, the man is dead and all...

Jun 6, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: How do we even know he was a racist?*** ]

amen!

Duh he was white and killed a black man.***

Jun 6, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to How do we even know he was a racist?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So? There are no other possible explanations?

Jun 6, 2020, 7:40 AM

Maybe even more likely ones?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Clearly not.

Jun 6, 2020, 7:58 AM

Have you been watching the news? It has been reported everywhere that he is a racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, that's exactly the way this works.***

Jun 6, 2020, 8:14 AM

- H. L. Mencken

I have grown weary of making excuses. Whether it’s...

Jun 6, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to So? There are no other possible explanations? ]

Racism or just a propensity for brutality that ends up it murder, does it matter?

The solutions pretty much look the same. Pretending it’s isolated cases and not systemic is wishful thinking. I was in the camp of just a few bad apples but the system enables their actions rather than weeds them out. To define system, let’s include LE leadership, political leaders, Cop culture, Police Unions, training, accountability _ in general the structural processes that allow the continuation of improper, immoral and illegal actions.

The videos make rationalizing these actions impossible for thoughtful people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people hear systemic and immediately think intentional...

Jun 6, 2020, 8:17 AM

systems can be intentional, but systems develop whether they are created or just happen. Systems can be broken.

Whether this system is intentionally created or a result of neglect is another argument. It is a system, however.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No excuses or rationalizations, and yes, it matters a lot.

Jun 6, 2020, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I have grown weary of making excuses. Whether it’s... ]

Racism and police brutality may be connected in some ways, but ultimately are totally separate things, and racism, not just police brutality, is what is driving the unrest we are experiencing right now. And, I'm totally in favor of fixing the system that allows for bad cop behavior.

- H. L. Mencken

I agree...

Jun 6, 2020, 8:25 AM

they are two different things. Racism is a heart issue. It can only be changed by the individual. Police brutality and injustice can be addressed methodologically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s intentionally fix the “system” for better outcomes.***

Jun 6, 2020, 8:39 AM

yes***

Jun 6, 2020, 8:45 AM

And I think we are at a point where that must be done.

Jun 6, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I agree... ]

We need to address both. Ending racism is simple (not easy): Every human being should love and respect every other human being. BAM - it's gone. Personally, I refer to biblical teachings as well as the reasoning capabilities (limited as they may be) of my own mind. Love thy neighbor as thyself. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Since a lot of people just won't do that, we need police. And since a lot of people won't do that, we need to police the police. Police procedures, tactics, and training all need to be examined, and changes made, no doubt.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: And I think we are at a point where that must be done.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:52 AM

Well to start with, my favorite person in all of Clemson was Herman McGee. I cried like I had lost a brother when I died. Explain somebody how it will ever be solved when certain leaders preach that only white people can be racist and all white people are automatically racist and no other race can be?

Dood, did you ever complain about these numbers?

Jun 6, 2020, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Duh he was white and killed a black man.*** ]

I probably have complained about those numbers

Jun 6, 2020, 12:39 PM

Are white people more afraid of black people or are black people more afraid of white people. The world will never know.

Because he was white...That's how you tell***

Jun 6, 2020, 4:52 PM [ in reply to How do we even know he was a racist?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did the actions of a racist POS cop

Jun 6, 2020, 7:33 AM

Because the entire country got locked down and the country lost it's collective mind. People are unhappy.

Jun 6, 2020, 7:55 AM

More like POS cop murdering a man that had done 5 different stints in prison.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

only 2 of the 5 involved guns though

Jun 6, 2020, 8:00 AM

and only one of the 5 did he actually hold a gun to a pregnant girl in her house while his buds ransacked her place

is there an official number

Jun 6, 2020, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: How did the actions of a racist POS cop ]

of times you can be in prison where it is acceptable to strangle someone?

Floyd was no angel and probably isn't worthy of martyr status, but there is no excuse for the officer's actions, who apparently also had a long history of complaints against him.

Re: is there an official number

Jun 6, 2020, 8:10 AM

Is that what you got out of my post? My point is it took 2 POS’s to cause destruction and more killings across the entire country.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

fair enough...

Jun 6, 2020, 8:13 AM

neither has the moral high ground

Jun 6, 2020, 8:32 AM

Since white people are more likely to be shot by the police (per interaction) than blacks, their entire premise isn't even based on reality. Good luck getting that point across in our "white people are entirely at fault for everything wrong with society" media though.

Jun 6, 2020, 9:02 AM

Not really, because the white population is much larger than the black population ..... but you know that and you did mention per interaction, so I get it. How do you account for the fact that Senator Tim Scott who has only been in DC a short period of time has been pulled over by police seven times, while Lindsay Graham who has been there 30 years has never been pulled over ...... bad driving maybe ....... or maybe not. If you have been pulled over seven times for nothing (assuming that all were for nothing)do you think you might get a little snarky with that eighth cop that pulled you over. It's not all about the number of unarmed black men that have been killed by cops!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

I know there is plenty of racism out there, and I can't pretend to know what that's like through a black person's eyes. I do know for a fact, through personal experience, that black people sometimes perceive racism where there is none. They assume that they are being treated badly because of their race, when their bad treatment has nothing to do with their race.

Quite a few years back, a new Denny's opened near my house. I popped in one morning for breakfast and had to wait forever to be seated. Once seated, I had to flag down a waitress to get a menu. After sitting there for about 20 minutes, nobody had returned to bring me water, coffee, or take my order. Other people who came in after me were being served. I was pissed and got up and left. I'm white. I figured it was because it was a brand new restaurant and they were disorganized and overwhelmed. I was taking some college classes at the time, and my next door neighbor and friend, a black woman, was one of my professors (She taught history and social studies). The following Monday, we were talking about racism in class, and she said that she had experienced a blatant case of it over the weekend. She and a group of her black friends went to the very same Denny's and had an identical experience to mine. They could not get served and perceived that as blatant, overt racism. She said they were contacting the local NAACP and were considering legal action. I can't remember what came of it, but it goes to show how people interpret things differently based in part on their experiences, I'm sure, but also on their personal beliefs about other people and society as a whole, which may be very biased or flat out wrong.

Another time, a black coworker detailed how he had been profiled over the weekend. He had been pulled over and hassled in a "white" upscale neighborhood late at night. He was sure it was becuase he was black and driving a BMW, so the cops assumed he was a drug dealer who obviously didn't belong in this neighborhood because he was black. I was dating a woman who lived in the same neighborhood, and about 2 weeks later, I was leaving her house late one night, and i was pulled over and hassled in exactly the same way my friend had described. They asked me what I was doing in that neighborhood (I drove an old beat up car), asked if I had any drugs, and wanted to search my car. I told them I had nothing to hide, let them search and of course, they found nothing. They said there had been "drug activity and burlglaries" in the neighborhood. I didn't like it, but I couldn't blame it on racial profiling.

By no means am I claiming that there are not racial injustices, or bad cops who racially profile and target minorities; they are out there for sure. I'm just pointing out that perceptions, and conclusions drawn from them are often biased (rightly or wrongly) and inaccurate.

- H. L. Mencken

Bingo!

Jun 6, 2020, 11:05 AM

I’ve walked out of restaurants many times due to crappy service and some I refuse to go back.

Jun 6, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: How did the actions of a racist POS cop ]

I was a waiter in college and was accused of being racist a couple times over poor service. One time was late in the afternoon when we were normally slow and so I was the only waiter currently on shift. We got unexpectedly busy with several tables coming in at once. I had a black lady sitting by herself prior to the several tables coming in at the same time. By the time I finished getting all those tables organized her glass was empty. She told the manager that if she were white I would’ve paid more attention to her.

Another time I was helping to seat people on a really busy day. All of the tables were full and we had people waiting at the front to be seated. I went to clean a table and so I had not seen the order which people came in. I came up and simply asked who was next. A white family were the only ones to answer that they were next so I sat them. I came back to the front to an angry black woman saying they had been next, and accusing me of intentionally skipping them due to race.

I was there long enough to see that stuff happen to my coworkers as well including a woman who was married to a black man and had 3 mixed children.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: How did the actions of a racist POS cop ]

I can't account for anything since I wasn't there. However I'm white and I've had cops pull their weapon and point it at me. I've also been taken to the ground and had a cops knee on my neck similar to what killed George Floyd. I've never been charged with a crime so both times it was clear police overreaction to whatever I did (I still have no idea) they perceived as a threat. The fact more whites than blacks are killed by police every year, yet none of Us have ever heard any of their names should be a clue this a movement about more than police brutality. If the media wanted to stop police brutality they would highlight all unwarranted killings, not just the ones involving black folks. The fact they dont do that should tell you they have an alternate agenda. In 2019 there were 9 unarmed blacks killed by police and 19 unarmed whites. When the media even pretends to give a #### about just one of those dead white men I'll maybe believe they aren't just playing the same old politics they always play in eelection years.

Remember, these guys knew

Jun 6, 2020, 9:28 AM

each other from some type of part-time job at a night club.

Know that Minorities act racist too but since they are the minor race in US..

Jun 6, 2020, 10:21 AM

they are not racist by definition since Whites are the majority race.

One year soon that will change and Whites will be the minority & thus not racist.

Did I get this right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ain't woke.***

Jun 6, 2020, 10:28 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Know that Minorities act racist too but since they are the minor race in US..

Jun 6, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Know that Minorities act racist too but since they are the minor race in US.. ]

One of the quotes by the democratic candidate is that his goal was to make the white race a minority which is why he wants open borders. Of course it won't affect him because he is an elete. So his goal is to give the country to the Hispanics and that will trigger another race war.

Jun 6, 2020, 10:42 AM

A lot changed in racist's circles when the internet became the world's first news source . Throw in that every human on the planet now carries HD cameras and video recorders on themselves every day of their life , and you've got a situation where there's no hiding from yourself .
In my formative years if these things took place unless a news service was on site or by some miracle a guy with an 8mm camera happened by you just weren't gonna get the story , it easily disappeared . Newspapers and the TV media covered it and the story didn't travel for long .
Now , do a bad thing and instantly you're in the thick of it . That's not a bad thing to have happened in my opinion .
I prefer justice and the rule of law to be upheld by those who believe in justice .
Not frontier justice , not vigilante justice ... but that's me . I think the system we live in is a great one , but improvement is needed at every level . Think of it as preventive maintenance , and it will take all of us being honest and understanding that differences in opinion and approaches will need to be navigated to get it done .
This country deserves to be at peace and it will be a grand day when everyone works for one American dream and we have one American life .

Still the greatest country the planet has ever produced , just need to clean up our dirty face a little .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Because a certain people don't want "Social Justice"

Jun 6, 2020, 11:13 AM

they simply want RETRIBUTION.

He's a POS but no indication he was racist.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:30 AM

Remember, a Minneapolis cop shot and killed an innocent white woman two years ago. Seems the cops in Minneapolis led by a democrat police chief, democrat mayor and in a democrat state are the problem.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:31 AM

Peaceful PROTEST against some stupid cops went away when the RIOTING/looting started. The protest
was "HIJACKED" by criminal elements who want chaos in the streets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 5:27 PM

Go google 45 communist party goals for America. Read #42 and consider today’s events. Consider that these groups are being transported into our cities and funded to create chaos. Ask yourself if many of the “protestors” are the “useful idiots” that Lenin described.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic