Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How about another perspective...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

How about another perspective...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:16 AM

How many times have we seen a top team, with pressure mounting and EVERYTHING to lose, fold up and wilt away against an inferior opponent? A hated archrival, playing loose, both emotionally and physically, with a GREAT game plan AT THEIR HOUSE took it to us and I commend them for their fight...we withstood a sh!tstorm and came out on top!

Credit them for a minute, BOTH teams and coaches, for planning and adjusting throughout. I hate the gamecocks with all that I am, but I thought elliot showed class before, during and after the game...flame away on that if you want, but he's kinda impressed me, as it looks like he's grown up some since his tweets a couple of years ago.

OUR guys fought hard, too! WE WON! We won with mistakes AND execution! WE WON with heart and class! Was it perfect? Hardly! This game, in my opinion, was the toughest in Dabo's career to date, with more to follow. Our TEAM grew up some yesterday, and I think the future will show this...and that future is BRIGHT!

BRING ON SWOFFEE, RON CHERRY, AND THE TIRED HOLES!

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about another perspective...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:35 AM

And for all the talk about how south carolina's poor recruiting, it hasn't been *that* bad. Look at these 4-year recruiting rankings:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/6/7987571/recruiting-rankings-ratings-2015-college-football-teams

Combine above-average recruiting (better than UNC)and all the intangibles you mention above (motivation, nothing-to-lose, kitchen-sink approach) and it's not hard to see why it was closer than a lot of people thought it would be. Not to mention that we obviously started that game playing very tight... even Watson looked tight the first couple of series.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about another perspective...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:47 AM

Yeah man, I just wanted to kinda help some folks back off of the ledge a little bit haha...to ME, it looked like we navigated through a PERFECT STORM for disaster and made it back to the docks safely

I am going to re-watch the game today, but I really don't...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:50 AM

think it was that close. It was a double digit win, with a garbage TD at the end, in a game that meant nothing EXCEPT if we lost.

We are 12-0, with a high SOS. That's what matters. Now for the Tar Holes!

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am going to re-watch the game today, but I really don't...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:58 AM

Well you're right! The game WASN'T that close...but turnovers, a busted play, and a garbage time td HAPPENED. They HELPED us as much a hurt us...they tried some of what Syracuse did, and we stopped it. They tried EVERYTHING, and we mostly did well. They stripped the ball from 2 of our most reliable players. THEY game planned that, and executed...NOW we will learn from that, correct it, and be better because of it...

GO TIGERS!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic