Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hospital's looking for Isolation units
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,431

Hospital's looking for Isolation units

Mar 29, 2020, 11:08 AM

should look to the Department of the Navy and the Department of Energy. They could, with small alterations, take glove box designs used to contain radioactive contamination and make temporary isolation units with external support. They are designed with HEPA filtered negative air flow. They can be designed to hold a person to large enough to have people work on a patient. I worked in these for many years and they work very well. This a suggestion for using something in the federal and private inventories that exits now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hospital's looking for Isolation units

Mar 29, 2020, 12:18 PM

Contact your Senators and Congressmen and make the suggestion. It seems reasonable to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 4:03 PM

These are under the executive branch. The people qualified to do this work are non-exempt employees with the design by nuclear support engineers. These general designs have been around for decades and only need tailoring of dimensions and access ports to work. The people who need them need to do the asking with particular requirements. Senators and representatives can only provide funds. Under war power rules the executive branch can get this done quickly if someone asks the correct question.

My father was an HP Inspector for around 40 years...

Mar 29, 2020, 6:04 PM

They have extensive knowledge about the application of PPEs and the proper protocols for "dressing out" and "taping up" and then how to undress without getting contaminated...

The negative air would have to be 'cleaned' with some type of incinerator but that's a great idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had this question about the new Batelle units

Mar 29, 2020, 10:36 PM

They have to operate at near vacuum to use vapor hydrogen peroxide, so how do they sterilize the suction air?

Mar 29, 2020, 8:47 PM

Great idea!

U6C trophy case is pretty isolated

Mar 29, 2020, 10:04 PM

Let’s put that to good use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,431
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic