Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hmmm, So, Josh Heupel goes 12-1 his first year as Head
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,713

Hmmm, So, Josh Heupel goes 12-1 his first year as Head

Jan 27, 2021, 8:51 AM

Coach at UCF with mostly Scott Frost's players returning off an undefeated season, and then goes 6-4 in his third year with mostly players he had to recruit. Yep, that sounds like it ought to get you hired in the SEC, all right.

Now, Myself wouldn't just doom Heupel out of hand without at least seeing what the product on the field looks like, but given the above, not hard to see why Vol fans are not all googly eyed over the hire.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's not that simple

Jan 27, 2021, 8:55 AM

They had a ton of defensive players opt out/get arrested. He's a better Coach than Pruitt and tore SEC defenses apart as the OC at Missouri

I do have the same questions as you about how well he can recruit though, those guys Scott Frost brought in were speedsters

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm, So, Josh Heupel goes 12-1 his first year as Head

Jan 27, 2021, 9:01 AM

You got to look at this that Heupel is a disposable coach to be sacrificed during the NCAA squinty period. Heupel is going to have a hard road and at least he knows his AD to a point. I bet a lot of other coaches were shy from knowing how bad the UT scene would become and how long of a chance they would get. I think Heupel will at least get an extra year unless he turns in a Chad Morris type of 2 and out seasons.

Then again, it seems that all UT coaches are disposable.

Re: Hmmm, So, Josh Heupel goes 12-1 his first year as Head

Jan 27, 2021, 9:10 AM

Funny part is those clowns in Knoxville spent a bunch of money on hiring UCF's AD and then a search firm only to raid UCF for their head coach. Let's be honest UT went through a list of rejections to take over that dumpster fire and found someone to say Yes.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic