Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Highlights of Lyn-J
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Highlights of Lyn-J

Jan 24, 2019, 1:35 AM

Anybody have any trepidation over our running back depth in 2019 ?

You shouldn't. https://youtu.be/nDMs1jGifGc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Thanks for posting, I remembered the speed

Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 AM

but had forgotten with how much power he ran with when needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Highlights of Lyn-J

Jan 24, 2019, 7:53 AM

Lyn is a beast. Average nearly 9 yards per carry top 5 in the nation!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 8:07 AM

Who does his running style remind you of? Was thinking DJ Howard or Rodney Blunt

He definitely runs upright like DJ Howard***

Jan 24, 2019, 8:30 AM

Jan 24, 2019, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Highlights of Lyn-J ]

He reminds me of a smaller Eric Dickerson to be honest .
Once that weight training kicks in you'll really see some nasty outta that guy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 25, 2019, 9:40 AM

I was 13/14 watching Eric play. He reminded me of a stallion running the ball. What a back he was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Highlights of Lyn-J ]

I think of Roger Craig... he has a similar "pause" to his breaks and his sprints turn into gallops. Although Dickerson certainly comes to mind.

He is a natural runner

Jan 24, 2019, 8:50 AM

He doesn't have elite top-end speed and isn't a power-back (yet).

But he's got some of the best feet and eyes I've ever seen. He's got elite short-area quickness, burst, and balance. He's an awesome change-of-pace to Feaster and ETN, who are more north-south runners, because you can put Dixon in and have an entirely different running type to throw off defenders.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: He is a natural runner

Jan 24, 2019, 10:12 AM

In these ways he reminds me of Terry Allen...not a burner, but vision and balance. He will get stronger, and maybe faster. He's going to be a really good one.

I wondered why Lyn-J got no carries in the championship...

Jan 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

... especially on that last drive. But I think it's because we were trying to hold the ball as long as possible and NOT score, and Lyn-J only has one gear.

He would have scored for sure the way things were going at the end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wondered too but then saw Adam in and was glad the

Jan 24, 2019, 9:18 AM

senior got to close out his career with some carries. He stuck around through injuries and was a good back for us when needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wondered why Lyn-J got no carries in the championship...

Jan 24, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I wondered why Lyn-J got no carries in the championship... ]

It was 100% to make sure Choice and Feaster got their time in that game. Mostly for Choice who was a senior.

Sometimes Dabo will skip over the veterans to get carries for younger guys in regular season blowouts, but he always lets his veterans and leaders of the team get in to soak in the glory of big games when possible.

Watching Lyn J could have been fun, but Adam Choice earned every one of those carries he got on the last drive.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

Thanks for posting Tigerdug23, I bet you did this bc you and Lyn-J have the same number LOL ;) Dabo and coaches are having so much success with giving so many true freshman a chance to play and be successful, I bet that other Head Coaches are going to start following what Dabo is doing with our true freshman, (and it does attract that type of freshman talent) and start doing it them selves to try and attract the same with promising playing time like coach Swinney does at Clemson!!! We won a NC with playing a lot of true freshman....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 9:44 AM

he is a bad man that will do bad things to defenses next year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of a stronger/shiftier Andre Ellington.

Jan 24, 2019, 9:48 AM

And thats a GREAT thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great job.***

Jan 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 10:43 AM

None whatsoever. Even if Feaster left, Clemson would still have two monster backs in Ettienne and Dixon. And Trevor can also run when needed.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic