Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
High Road: 6 straight wins. vs. u of Suc 5 straight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

High Road: 6 straight wins. vs. u of Suc 5 straight

May 19, 2019, 11:24 AM

Because of how those "really delusional dirt ###### fans carried on during the Spurrier era and winning 5 straight against us"; will the high road be taken this year after a sixth straight Clemson win? And, oh by the way, throw in a couple NC!

***I'm on the fence whether I will take the High Road or not! On one hand: they deserve it the way they carried on! Acting like that was the end all be all! On another hand: Clemson expects to beat the lamecocks! We shouldn't be surprised by it. And overall, we have higher aspirations than just beating a team with one conference championship(before I was alive).

I can see Tigers fans going either way: but, "i'm pretty sure I won't be taking the high road"! Tomorrow may be different - we do expect it - but I know some lamecock fans I can't wait to rub their face in it "6" times! Believe me: "they earned it"!

Hats off to those who will take the High Road though! I applaud you and again - maybe it's just lack of my 2nd cup of coffee talking - maybe I join you on the High Road! But for now, low road it is! And you?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just looking forward to 8 and establishing a new series

May 19, 2019, 11:31 AM

record.

If they don't get us this year with a Senior QB, I don't think their chances improve the years after that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I'm just looking forward to 8 and establishing a new series

May 19, 2019, 11:42 AM

They will maybe come out inspired against us. But, their depth isn't as good as ours. Last game of the regular season and they would have played some physical teams ahead of us. Who knows what will happen and how things pan out of course. But, IF it plays out like I think by the time they play us the only thing they will have is a hopeful miracle win to "save their season"!

Anything can happen; I get that! As I thought we had the better team for most of those years they won 5 in a row. I just thought Tajh - ceased up a bit in that game. We weren't as physical as we needed to be.
Unless we help them - by looking past them - we shouldn't have too much trouble. Not counting my "X" before they hatch either! We have to take care of business starting with GT to be in position to say: be looking forward to the ACCCG or CFP. We have to take care of business and improve each week. I just believe we will do so. The new starters want to prove they are worthy and they want their name in the spotlight badly enough; I see our defense being as good as ever. Little worried about LB position; but by the gcoots game they should be ready!

May 19, 2019, 12:00 PM

Their last two wins against us we should have won, but we were out coached by one of the best game day coaches in college FB in Steve Spuriers time as a college Head Coach!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 12:49 PM

And ... turnovers - allorange.... Turnovers killed us .... -:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I'll see your 5 and raise you 5 with 2 Natty's.....***

May 19, 2019, 11:34 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: High Road: 6 straight wins. vs. u of Suc 5 straight

May 19, 2019, 11:42 AM

My brother is a coot. We both graduated our respective schools in the early 80's. We each left the state upon graduation, but he returned to Columbia in the 90's. After graduation, we pretty much set aside the trash talk about the others school since we really didn't get to see each other that often.

That changed after they won their 3rd in a row against us. He kicked the trash talking in like we were back in high school. I asked if he really wanted to travel down this path and his exact words were...yep, you guys can't catch us.

We have turned the tables and I've yet to say a word. I wear a Clemson shirt to family functions and smile when I see him.

He knows it's coming. But I think him having to wait for it and not knowing when or where he is going to get it better than saying anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 11:46 AM

memphistiger I like that approach. Something to consider for sure. That reminds me of being trouble with mom or dad and them saying; "i'll get you later"! The wait was just horrible!

May 19, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: High Road: 6 straight wins. vs. u of Suc 5 straight ]

Yep, gloating without saying a word is the silent killer bc they expect the verbal abuse at any moment, and when it never comes, that eats them without ever taking a bite!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2019, 11:55 AM

I'm not and have never been a person to bet my money on something that I don't have complete control of. My reasoning is that I can do better things for myself with my money staying with me over betting it on something that could just as easily go either way, so I actually see gambling as doing something stupid that could take my money away, so I just don't do it, but, if I were a gambling person, I would put my money on us winning the next couple of games against the coots in FB bc, the odds are heavy in our favor, I believe....

May 19, 2019, 12:51 PM

I believe you are correct -allorange !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

They absolutely deserve...

May 19, 2019, 12:58 PM

every ounce of $#!7 Clemson fans, or anyone else for that matter, can give them. Without question or exception the worst winners and losers on the planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 19, 2019, 3:33 PM

Sadly I am far removed from SC, yet happy to be 400 miles from cootlumbia. It will be easy for me to take the high road with the few uscjr fans I know.

I like to set them up with something like, (very politely) "Yea 6 in a row is nice, but I hope we can make 9 in a row to equal what you did. Oh, my bad you never had more than 5 ? "

May 19, 2019, 5:18 PM

Had they just been annoying I would want to show them how to win with class. But, they went so far out of bounds with their little run, more is due!

Hopefully, the majority of CU fans just carry on business as usual and barely mention the 6 in a row. Because as of this minute; "I think I am still looking forward to using some antics they can understand"!

LOL!

May 19, 2019, 6:41 PM

After we win the SIX, I "will" Flash the 5+1 with everyone of them I see, and I swear it!!! Leaving here in cootscumia, and they would flash the 5 to even each other and high 5. I can barely wait to flash 5+1 on them!!! I was just in Walmart and Lowe's wearing a orange T that listed all 3 of our NCG's, and I absolutely loved it, and not a peep!!!

May 19, 2019, 7:52 PM

Is asking for a high-6 high road or low road? "HEY!! ??? GIMME SIX BUDDY"

May 19, 2019, 8:49 PM

finley864 That is tame(low road) compared to some of the garbage I had to listen to.

I hope you ask for a high 6 from every lamecock fan you know, LOL!

The best thing to do is just treat them like you would

May 19, 2019, 11:35 PM

Furman or the Citadel.

But whatever you do, they deserve anything they get.

Re: The best thing to do is just treat them like you would

May 20, 2019, 1:30 PM

And then some more, over and over, and over until we get sick and tired of abusing the trash!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic