»
Topic: Hey coots. I found a article on PEDs that you guys might be interested in.
Replies: 24   Last Post: Feb 13, 2019 4:10 PM by: winniethepooh
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 24  

Hey coots. I found a article on PEDs that you guys might be interested in.

[3]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 7:59 AM

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lAmwHgYmmKs/WV3TDEe1tmI/AAAAAAAAAJg/rofilLCH4ioAm1ma9_Fb0OkHKhrsWXE9wCLcBGAs/s1600/Nightmare%2Bof%2BSteroids.PNG

http://ironheaver.blogspot.com/2017/08/tommy-chaikenthe-nightmare-of-steroids.html?m=1

military_donation.jpg

Re: Silly Person. They didn't play football prior to 2009.

[1]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:00 PM

nm

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:16 PM

And...they still aren't.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:21 PM

Chickens are dumb and wouldn't remember anyway.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:24 PM

They are much like politicians. They pick and choose what they want to remember.

2019 purple level member

Re: Hey coots. I found a article on PEDs that you guys might be interested in.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:38 PM

Stijn Jaspers friends might not think that is very funny.

This former Gamecock's story is kind of sad,

[1]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 12:38 PM

A cautionary tale. I get no satisfaction from pointing
out that he was a Gamecock, but it just shows Gamecock
fans that, as the cliche goes, you can't throw stones
in glass houses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Courson

https://www.si.com/vault/1992/01/27/125841/in-the-aftermath-of-steroids-former-nfl-lineman-steve-courson-details-the-devastating-effect-the-drugs-have-had-on-his-life

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: This former Gamecock's story is kind of sad,

[1]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Very sad. I don’t take any satisfaction out of anyone messing their life up with drugs but I am tired of all the negative attention that their media people are attempting to draw to our situation. Sapakoff has gotten a little bit of national attention brought to something that really isn’t much of a story. SC is the the program that had coaches encouraging players to take steroids. There has been no evidence of that happening at Clemson but he and Kornblut both have insinuated that CLEMSON has an issue in the football program. It’s not right.

The thing is that it is a known fact that supplements can be tainted with Ostarine. The ingestion could have been accidental and even if it wasn’t the guys didn’t play. Clemson has been transparent about the situation while, as far as I know, Alabama has yet to release any information on their suspensions. Programs that have something to hide don’t operate with the level of transparency that Dabo does. The truth is that we may never know for sure what happened but character assassination over assumptions is not only unprofessional it’s wrong. Attempting to diminish a team’s accomplishments over assumptions is not only unprofessional it’s wrong. Those are the type of things we should expect from fans on a message board not professionals who cover sports for a living.

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 3:38 PM

You do realize that the article above was not the first on steroid abuse as an SC university right? Clemson had a death on campus. A Director of Public Safety, University President and AD resigned. Also had 3 coaches indicted and players in multiple sports admit to steroid use. Heck, y'all brought down Ben Johnson indirectly.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 4:06 PM

I think the death was a track athlete .... very sad and disturbing to say the least regardless of the sport. Can you link or name the coaches that were indicted (we they found guilty), the AD that resigned, and the President that stepped down because of the incident?

President was Atchley. AD was McLellan. Track coaches

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 4:43 PM

we’re involved...one was the S&C coach.

I think the coaches got plea deals and probation.***

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 4:45 PM

The funny thing is “performance enhancing.” With the coots

[1]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 4:51 PM

they still didn’t win anything. When you are a zero, multiplying still ends up with zero.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

Also indirectly brought down Danny Ford...Max Lennon

[1]
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 4:59 PM

became president and cracked down on the athletic department. The most anti-athletics president that I can remember. Of course, that was the point. Danny went up against Max and lost.

Thanks for the history lesson. At least you refer to the Tigers as y’all.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 5:43 PM

I admire your honesty in that however, the point is that coot media is trying to create a story when there is no evidence to do so. The point is that they are trying to demonize Clemson for no other reason than jealousy. I get tired of SC’s accusations against Clemson football when SC has been in more trouble with the NCAA more recently than we have. Stop acting like we have a dirty program and SC is squeaky clean. It’s simply not true. In fact your football program was on probation twice within a decade during your best run in program history. You got a slap on the wrist for blatantly breaking NCAA rules by handing out illicit benefits. You guys weren’t even subtle about it. You will never see Kornblut and Sapakoff write a story about that and try to blow it up to some national media outlets by insinuating that S.C. runs a dirty program. That’s the difference. There’s a double standard in reporting in this state and everyone knows it.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Thanks for the history lesson. At least you refer to the Tigers as y’all.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 11:42 AM

You had a player who was in a walking boot after a game and played 2 weeks later. That player tested positive a year later for a PED that improves healing time. Why would anyone be suspicious?

Re: Thanks for the history lesson. At least you refer to the Tigers as y’all.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 11:44 AM

Maybe try improving your journalism department.

Throwing stones again, with no name or link,

[1]
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:03 PM

Could be made up. We could go back and forth
all week. We could post links of the sad story
of Derek Watson, an incredible talent I saw play
in high school. He was All-SEC his sophomore
season with the Gamecocks and probably had a shot
at $$millions$$ in the NFL, but threw it all away
with weed and cocaine. Surely he has regrets.
Again, not trying to be a jerk, but there are
unfortunate stories both ways. How about you
not be

Re: Throwing stones again, with no name or link,

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Sorry, I thought it was obvious. Galloway obviously did not play in 2017 and Giella wasn't really a contributor, unless you have others that tested positive for PED's that would probably point to Lawrence. Pretty sure he was in a walking boot last year against FSU, sat out Citadel and played against South Carolina. That was an interesting Google search though, as I didn't realize the other 2 also had injuries. I wonder how many of Clemson's players that did not test positive had injuries in the spring or during the season.

Re: Throwing stones again, with no name or link,

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:24 PM

Besides, I think Watson just got some bad shampoo laced with Cocaine.

Hope he didn’t get any on his Escalade

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:35 PM

https://thetandd.com/sports/rule-violations-at-usc-watson-attrack-ncaa-investigator/article_9ea68044-fddc-543e-b16d-0f92b53f1f1b.html

Since you want to play and insist on throwing stones.

Re: Hope he didn’t get any on his Escalade

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:52 PM

Read the title of the thread, I didn't throw the first rock.

Re: Hope he didn’t get any on his Escalade

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 1:54 PM

The difference is you will not see me make excuses, just in case it went over your head, that shampoo thing above was sarcasm.

That was the point of the thread

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 2:06 PM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/dabo-and-the-ped-issue.292186/
in case that went over your head and yes I recognized your sarcasm.
Are you Freddie B.? Actually this is about enough of this.

Re: That was the point of the thread

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 4:10 PM

You might have a point if I had posted in that thread.

Replies: 24  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 lower level season tickets in the North stands, section Q, row Z, $1200 each.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2432 people have read this post