Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey - I'm looking at Tenn football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Hey - I'm looking at Tenn football

Sep 10, 2019, 11:30 PM

for 2019. I can't see how the dumpster fire gets put out.

Lost the 1st 2 to Sunbelt teams, GaSt & BYU (OT). This week, since 2 "Group of 5" teams were too tough, the Vols try to handle a SoCon FCS team - UT-Chat. Would think they get a W, but....who knows.

After that it's a game @ Florida. Last win vs Gators was in '16 - their only win in the last 14 tries.

After that - home vs UGA. Vols lost the last 2 & are 2&7 the last 9 years.

Then home vs MissSt. Haven't played them since 2012 & that was a loss.

Finally, a break! They play Bama on the road & the Tide's got a 12-game win streak going.

Next, Scar @ home. Chickens got a 3-game streak going & have plucked 9 of the last 12. Odd tho, the last 7 have been decided by an average 3.5 points. Maybe Vols get a win.

After that, home vs another Group of 5. This time UAB of C-USA. I just don't know...

Game 10 is on the road at UK. Vols actually won last year. It's weird, see - UK only has "3" wins vs Tenn in the last 36 years. This COULD be a win.

After that, on the road to Mizzou. Tenn has lost the last 2 to Mizzou by the same score - 50-17. I think Vols lose this year - 50-17.

The closer (& maybe THE CLOSER for Jeremy Pruitt) - home vs Vandy. Don't put this in the Vols' win column (yet). Vandy's won the last 3 - and 5 of the last 7.

I've got 'em winning 3 - MAYBE 4 this year (best case). Either that or they win 1 or 2.

I'm probably like you & don't give a "good ole rocky top" about Tenn - - but I DO enjoy a good old-fashioned dumpster fire.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the ability to enjoy . . .

Sep 11, 2019, 12:50 AM

a good old-fashioned dumpster fire!!! . . . Bravo!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey - I'm looking at Tenn football

Sep 11, 2019, 9:08 AM

Accurate assessment, except...BYU a Sun Belt team?

I love seeing UT football wandering in the wilderness of mediocrity, but I don't want them to be TOO bad. In context of the rest of the SEC-E, I don't particularly hate UT. I'd certainly prefer them over UGA, UF, and SCar. Kentucky and Missouri are arguable. I'll always root for Vandy to win that division just to play #### with the conference.

Mostly I want UT to be good enough to keep a steady lock on 3rd place in the division, capping SCar at 4th or below most years. And watching them (occasionally) ruin SCar's season with an upset brings joy to my heart.

Abandon all hope, ye' who enter here...***

Sep 11, 2019, 9:25 AM

Re: Hey - I'm looking at Tenn football

Sep 11, 2019, 9:33 AM

I feel sorry for the Vols...I don't want them to be great, but definitely not this bad. This level of bad should solely be reserved for the coots.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic