Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's my idea for gun control.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 2,211

Here's my idea for gun control.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:30 PM

We ban semi-automatic weapons, including pump-action shotguns, and do a buy-back program.

You can still hunt with a rifle or double-barrel shotgun, you can still protect your home with a handgun, you can still join the militia when the King of England invades, but you can't have anything semi-automatic. That will also end the argument about high-capacity magazines, supressors, and bump stocks.

Tell me why this won't reduce mass shootings without hindering law-abiding gun owners from doing the things they wanna do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would go over well.*****

Nov 13, 2017, 10:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About as well as Butch Jones's turnover trashcan, anyway***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No gun control of any kind goes over well.***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:15 PM [ in reply to That would go over well.***** ]

I don't think background checks for all gun purchases

Nov 15, 2017, 4:36 PM

is out of line.

You think the buyback program will just eradicate the

Nov 13, 2017, 10:46 PM

millions of them already out there?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but they'd be illegal, so

Nov 13, 2017, 11:09 PM

anyone who didn't turn in their semi-automatic weapons would be criminals with illegal firearms.

Message was edited by: Murcielago®

Wow, we should just do that with murder.***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:46 AM

So you're saying murder should be legal?***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:42 PM

Kinda the opposite.

Nov 15, 2017, 4:32 PM

If we make murder illegal, then people just won't do it. Because, you know, it would be illegal.

And you didn't tell me why my plan wouldn't

Nov 13, 2017, 11:44 PM [ in reply to You think the buyback program will just eradicate the ]

reduce mass shootings without hindering law-abiding gun owners from doing the things they wanna do.

Wait till St.Valentine's Day... I'll explain then.***

Nov 14, 2017, 2:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still trying to figure out why it would do anything

Nov 14, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to And you didn't tell me why my plan wouldn't ]

to reduce mass shooting.

Its seems like you are targeting the wrong people with this. I have a semi auto shotgun (several, actually) and a semi auto pistol. I'll never go on a mass shooting spree. What good would taking them from me do?

If you're not going to go on a killing spree, then

Nov 15, 2017, 3:13 PM

it wouldn't do any good taking them from you. It would do good to take them away from the people who will go on killing sprees and, unfortunately, there's no way to tell who that will be.

So then you are punishing the not guilty?

Nov 15, 2017, 4:33 PM

This makes excellent sense.

Re: And you didn't tell me why my plan wouldn't

Nov 14, 2017, 6:14 PM [ in reply to And you didn't tell me why my plan wouldn't ]

The bad guys and the crazies are not going to turn in their guns.

The bad guys and the crazies will find ways to get illegal guns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm neither a bad guy nor a crazy.

Nov 15, 2017, 4:37 PM

I'm not turning in my guns either. Nope. Not happening.

Re: Here's my idea for gun control.

Nov 14, 2017, 7:24 AM

Pump action shotguns are probably the most used guns for hunting. Why would you ban those but not handguns? I can shoot 20 rounds out of my handgun in about 30 seconds, with a pump shotgun I can only shoot 5 without reloading.....

How about Jedi training and light sabers?***

Nov 14, 2017, 7:31 AM

I've wondered if something like this was possible...

Nov 14, 2017, 7:32 AM

That's one reason I've tried on some occasions to get educated from folks here on the nature of our weapons laws.

It seems there is a line between "capable of doing too much harm" and "of legitimate practical use". And this would be a shifting of that line from the current law.

I don't know if it would be effective in actually getting severe weapons out of the hands of bad people, but honestly, it's hard not to think about something like this whenever there is a mass shooting.

Pump shotguns and semi automatics aren't

Nov 14, 2017, 8:08 AM

The problem. Changing semi to auto is a problem. I'm ok with stopping the sales of those parts. Not the other.

This is why I will never turn them in

Nov 14, 2017, 8:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEYGcXSmpQ

Why is a semiautomatic required to handle that?***

Nov 14, 2017, 8:13 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Why is a semiautomatic required to handle that?***

Nov 14, 2017, 8:16 AM

Watch the entire video. It explains everything.

I already did last week. Ain't nobody got time for that.***

Nov 14, 2017, 8:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Well....if the s*** hits the fan....

Nov 14, 2017, 8:46 AM

You Lib freaks will be the 1st to go. Ain't nobody got time for that! I'll be too busy taking care of my family to be concerned with yours. Oh that's right...you can just tell them you don't have a weapon and you will be ok.....trust her....Senator Dianne Feinstein said "when the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in, that's human nature."

She didn't actually say that. You fell for a hoax.

Nov 14, 2017, 9:02 AM

Or you know it's a hoax and you're trying to keep it going.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: She didn't actually say that. You fell for a hoax.

Nov 14, 2017, 9:18 AM

You believe in the logic of that false quote right? That's why you want no guns in society? Most Libs would agree that a total ban is what is needed.

Re: She didn't actually say that. You fell for a hoax.

Nov 14, 2017, 9:47 AM

No, I don't believe in the "logic of that false quote," and I also never said I wanted no guns in society.

Perhaps you should discuss these issues with real people and not the "libs" that populate your hoax-fueled imagination.

- Jonathan Swift

So no semi-auto handguns?***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much for my mac 10***

Nov 14, 2017, 9:50 AM

Correct.***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:12 PM [ in reply to So no semi-auto handguns?*** ]

That toothpaste is out of the tube.

Nov 14, 2017, 9:49 AM

There's no way anyone is selling back their pump or semi auto shot gun that their grandfather boughtand has been used in countless hunting trips with friends and family over the years.

At least I know I won't.

Re: That toothpaste is out of the tube.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:02 AM

Trying to remember why people were offended when Obama described people clinging to their guns.

- Jonathan Swift

I think he mentioned bibles too.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:04 AM

If we can eliminate guns, and bibles, then maybe we can move right on to that "only allowing one child per couple" thing I've been championing for years.

"guns or religion" I think he said.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:08 AM

So at least we can agree he was 100% right about the gun half.

- Jonathan Swift

I'm not sure what confiscating my 80 year old semiauto

Nov 14, 2017, 10:16 AM

shotgun (that may or may not shoot at this point in time) is going to do for the murder rate though. I've got a 6' long 2x4 with a nail in it that is more dangerous.

Maybe we can start a buy back for those, too. We have plenty of money to spend on this kind\ of thing,amiright? I mean we already bought cars back, and that was a resounding success.

I don't think most people "cling" to their guns

Nov 14, 2017, 10:23 AM [ in reply to "guns or religion" I think he said. ]

People probably found it offensive more because of the dismissive and condescending tone, similar to how they felt about a lot of things Obama said. It's not "clinging to our guns!!" to balk at silly, emotionally driven proposals and ideas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense.***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:29 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Then they'll be in possession of illegal firearms.***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:14 PM [ in reply to That toothpaste is out of the tube. ]

Nov 14, 2017, 9:56 AM

why not just open an arena where all gun use and homicides are completely legal. We fill it to the rafters every weekend and let natural selection take its course.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that the south side of Chicago?***

Nov 14, 2017, 10:02 AM

what is crazy about Chicago, is that it isn't even...

Nov 14, 2017, 10:06 AM

close to the top as far as murders per 100k people. Places like St Louis and New Orleans are worse. Savannah has a higher murder rate. I think Chicago is outside the top 30. I looked it up recently and it was down there.

You're right. It looks like Detroit wins.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:11 AM

Ok, well if I could retract my statement I'd say "Isn't that already happening in Detroit?"

people still live in Detroit?***

Nov 14, 2017, 5:12 PM

not for very long***

Nov 14, 2017, 5:20 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what is crazy about Chicago, is that it isn't even...

Nov 14, 2017, 5:28 PM [ in reply to what is crazy about Chicago, is that it isn't even... ]

I think spartanburg is actually higher per capita than chicago. This whole chicago thing did not really become a talking point until Obama got into office, the idea was to trash his home town.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread makes me

Nov 14, 2017, 4:16 PM

want to shoot somebody.

Nov 15, 2017, 5:16 PM

How would that even be enforced? There are millions in homes that .gov has no way to track. You going to send .gov goons door to door and search?

It'd be a buyback..like cash for clunkers.

Nov 15, 2017, 6:06 PM

I've got a 70 year old single shot 22 with a clogged barrel and bent firing pin. How much will that get me? I've also got a 238 year old mini ball musket that some of my grea great great grandparents made in NC. Still has the original hickory ram rod. Think they'll give me some fair coin for that? I mean I might go mass shoot a bunch of people with it.

Replies: 49
| visibility 2,211
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic