Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here’s a thought for those of you who.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,444

Here’s a thought for those of you who.......

Dec 15, 2018, 12:34 PM

want to have year round football:

As we all know, college football is divided into two major subdivision. The FBS and the FCS.
Let FBS teams start play the first of September and play through to a championship game around the first of January just as they do now.

Let FCS teams start playing around February 1st and play through to a championship game around June 1st.

Under this scenario, FBS teams could no longer schedule cupcake FCS teams. They would have to play 12 other FBS teams only which would provide for bigger and more meaningful games. It would also stop teams from qualifying for a bowl much like the coots did by beating 3 powerhouses like Coastal, Akron and College of Charleston. The bowl system would not be affected because FCS teams don’t play in bowls.

This would leave us without college football for the month of January and from June 1 to September 1.

I know this is far fetched and would never happen. But it’s an idea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here’s a thought for those of you who.......

Dec 15, 2018, 12:44 PM

Pretty interesting idea '72. I like it at first glance. I mean, there would probably be more following (i.e. $) for the FCS under that plan. The income stream impact would be the first obstacle to look at. Without pay outs from FBS scheduling, could FCS schools recoup with new market interest from a market share that's not currently available? Very novel discussion topic...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here’s a thought for those of you who.......***

Dec 15, 2018, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here’s a thought for those of you who.......***

Dec 15, 2018, 12:58 PM

Let each FBS conference adopt a FBS conference. At the end of the fiscal year share some or your revenue with your adopted conference. No difference between that and a school having to fork over a couple of hundred thousand to get a cupcake to play. Bottom line would probably stay about the same.

Dec 15, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Here’s a thought for those of you who....... ]

Also, since only FCS teams would be playing in the spring, all TV revenue from spring games would go to the FCS. I think ESPN would love to broadcast spring football. They cover our spring games now because people are craving some type of football at that time of year.

I like cupcakes

Dec 15, 2018, 1:16 PM

it don't get no cupcakier that saccarolina

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like cupcakes

Dec 15, 2018, 1:33 PM

I like it. coots could play one of the South Carolina FCS teams in January so we’d have a clear cut #2 team in South Carolina. It’d also give the coots a chance to play in a meaningful bowl game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 1:43 PM

great idea and if you cant win a championship in 50 years you're excluded from having a team for a while (like the coots would be). Sort of like a term limits

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,444
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic