Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is what I think even though it's just my opinion.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Here is what I think even though it's just my opinion.

Nov 9, 2018, 10:02 PM

All season long Dabo has been playing 70 plus guys a game while we have been pisssing and moaning early that we could have looked better and done better in some of those game if Dabo hadn't been playing so many of our guys so early in them games. But when we look now how good our babies (top TF recruits) have grown over the span of the season, it's now just so easy to see that our coaches have been building serious weapons in the depth portion of our team for the playoff part of this season. As Dabo has always said since becoming our HC, November is when teams have to play championship FB. Look at how he and his staff has stacked depth on our team through out this season, I believe that we are on the bubble to play for another NC, and the depth is on our team to make a great run in the NCG against Bama, and if we don't stumble before getting there, we have as good a chance to beat Bama as we've had the other 3 time we have played Bama. Just saying!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is what I think even though it's just my opinion.

Nov 10, 2018, 1:54 AM

All season long Dabo has been playing 70 plus guys a game while we have been pisssing and moaning early that we could have looked better and done better in some of those game if Dabo hadn't been playing so many of our guys so early in them games. But when we look now how good our babies (top TF recruits) have grown over the span of the season, it's now just so easy to see that our coaches have been building serious weapons in the depth portion of our team for the playoff part of this season. As Dabo has always said since becoming our HC, November is when teams have to play championship FB. Look at how he and his staff has stacked depth on our team through out this season, I believe that we are on the bubble to play for another NC, and the depth is on our team to make a great run in the NCG against Bama, and if we don't stumble before getting there, we have as good a chance to beat Bama as we've had the other 3 time we have played Bama. Just saying!!!

What you say is true AND I think the main thing is committing to one starting quarterback. The old saying is more true than I ever thought ... you can’t win starting two QB’s

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 2:10 AM

Absolutely 100% correct, and that is if a team is playing two QB's, it mean that they don't have one good one that can get the job done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 7:41 AM

Yep, biggest thing for QB is snaps. If you’re splitting them in practice and splitting them in the game you are only progressing at 1/2 speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL returns to High School form

Nov 10, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Here is what I think even though it's just my opinion. ]

He rarely needed to play past the first half. He is that good. Big difference is that the other ten offensive players and just as important, his and their backups are considerably better. Add to that, the shutdown, too deep defense. TL’s arm is his key asset and his hand off is adequate. When the OLine is a well oiled machine, he gets to be a spectator with the best view in the stadium once he delivers the ball. KB rarely got to be that spectator because of his need to run.

Nov 10, 2018, 2:07 AM

Thanks guys bc, my guess is that you're most likely seeing what Dabo and his staff has done at preparing our Tigers for this season championship run, and it definitely shows all over the field that they knew exactly what they were doing all along, and why Dabo had to make some tough decisions to get the best players on the field at the same time. We have true freshman talent making plays all over the field better than most teams can do with red shirt sophomore talent. And we have true freshman, and red shirt freshman that are ready or about ready to play and compete with the big dogs... It surly looks to me that we are deeper and more talented than I've personally seen our Clemson Tiger FB team ever in my 56 years as a Clemson Tiger fan. Goooo Tigers, Go Dabo and staff bc what I see they have done is nothing short of amazing with how deep and talented our team is in November, the month that champions separate themselves from the rest!!!

It all could end tomorrow night but, I don't believe that it will, but if it did, it won't be bc our coaching staff didn't have our team prepared to make a run at the NC, it would only mean that the 5% of luck that every NC has to have to win it all, just failed to fall our way... Go Tigers, beat up BC!!!

Nov 10, 2018, 4:19 AM

I agree. We played many and they are getting better with the experience. Then there is the QB. He was gradually worked into the mix and with the departure of KB has soared. By season's end he will be the best QB in the nation. I've been saying for a few weeks that this is the best team in the country. After tonight's game more will come to that realization. Another blow out on tap.

I think they learned a valuable lesson in the 2015 season

Nov 10, 2018, 5:16 AM

when Bouleware and Goodson played 90% of the snaps. They were worn out at the end of the year. Sometime during the next year, I think Dabo said they had mapped out every game for the coming season. Since then, we have played more personnel than anyone in the country....And hopefully, it is about to pay off again....

Nov 10, 2018, 4:48 AM

The new mad scientist at work! He saw what bama had and knew what had to be done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 5:28 AM

The key to all this is reps. Reps. Reps. The more reps we can give the backups, the more experience they get AND the allows the first unit to stay healthy. I keep hearing how Tua's stats are all this and that, and that "this is only through 3 quarters, he hasn't played in the 4th quarter all year." Well, how many snaps has TL taken in the 4th quarter as a starter? I think none. Love watching all our players get after it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides the experience for younger players...

Nov 10, 2018, 7:04 AM

I think the biggest benefit to the coaches plan is the health of the team. We are INSANELY healthy right now and it’s because we’ve been able to keep guys rested and rotated.

I think back to previous years and by this point, you are starting to get hammies, knee contusions, shoulder injuries, etc. Not major season ending injuries but ones that nag all week during preparations and then slow us down in games.

I have not heard hardly any of that this season!

Re: Besides the experience for younger players...

Nov 10, 2018, 7:19 AM

That's exactly right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides the experience for younger players...

Nov 10, 2018, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Besides the experience for younger players... ]

Yep!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

agreed but don’t call them babies***

Nov 10, 2018, 7:35 AM

Nov 10, 2018, 8:08 AM

You are correct. It is important to be able to give your starters a breather to get their legs back under them occasionally. Dabo has never been a real style point guy, yes he could have run up scores, but he does not. If you come to Clemson and put in the work necessary you will get to play. What a great recruiting tool. In Dabo's world a walk-on is a valued team member and he rewards them with playing time. It's easy to see why sooo many recruits comment about Clemson being a special place. It ain't broke and don't need fixing. Beat BC!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told the ignorant mo fos here what he was doing...

Nov 10, 2018, 8:40 AM

with development of our bench. how that it protected the health of the two and three deep and seasoned them for when true adversity struck. That's mostly why I hang out in the lunge, they don't put up with morons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\ Has pointed this out for years now /\***

Nov 10, 2018, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 10, 2018, 8:54 AM

Venables said earlier this week, that he had never been at this stage of the season with rested and healthy players like this year. That is a tribute to playing everyone possible and developing depth. Not only on defense, when the Tigers can let a starting O-Lineman sit because he had a back spasm and never miss a beat, something good is happening! Nagging injuries turn into major injuries and when you have depth, the nagging injuries can heal.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 8:54 AM

Venables said earlier this week, that he had never been at this stage of the season with rested and healthy players like this year. That is a tribute to playing everyone possible and developing depth. Not only on defense, when the Tigers can let a starting O-Lineman sit because he had a back spasm and never miss a beat, something good is happening! Nagging injuries turn into major injuries and when you have depth, the nagging injuries can heal.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2018, 12:15 PM

Nice post. The only thing I disagree with is the WE part, of your comment about the early p1ssing and moaning. The p1ssing and moaning crowd seem to make the most noise. But, there are plenty more, myself included, who share your viewpoint and tend to be less vocal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 10, 2018, 3:40 PM

I understand what you're saying but let me also say this, I use the we a lot so that it doesn't look as if I'm pointing a finger at certain individuals!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic