Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is how you could hire Pitino and make it work.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Here is how you could hire Pitino and make it work.

Feb 17, 2019, 8:46 PM

Rick Pitino wants to get back into college basketball. He knows he is 8-balled right now unless a University has significant measures to have a short leash on him.

Here is how Clemson could do this and make it work. Have a special adminstration assistant coach on the basketball team. Every recruiting process and decision has to go through the athletic department director and School adminstration. The assistant would report things to the adminstration on who the staff is recruiting and the process and make sure it abides by school and NCAA regulations.

Pitino and his staff would also have the special assistant approve their recruiting process handling.

The special adminstration assistant basically works as a middle man or person to the basketball program and School adminstration.

That person would stay away from Pitino's coaching in game and practice situations where there is no need to. Pitino would basically be comfortable with that because of his strong coaching knowledge and skill.

Sounds good and some school will think of this so why not us?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, you get the gig as AD at UGA and you are all set. Don't

Feb 17, 2019, 8:49 PM

want someone like that representing Clemson.

Re: Here is how you could hire Pitino and make it work.

Feb 17, 2019, 8:54 PM

the obvious flaw here is this "administrative asst" could not go on the road recruiting, so they would not be privy to those conversations. you'd basically be relying on pitino and staff to be "honest' and tell you everything about every conversation, in person and phone, with a kid and his family. not sure there is a person in the world who trusts slick rick that much.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thanks!***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thanks!***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 8:56 PM

Has it occurred to you that without cheating he is just another basketball coach? He made his living on cheating, JUCOs and marginal academic players. None of which would fly at CU

Feb 17, 2019, 9:07 PM

Nor many Jucos? Not many. Pitino is one of the great strategic coaches in the country. Remember what he did at Boston U and Providence...

"WRONG"

Feb 17, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is how you could hire Pitino and make it work. ]

Not necessarily a Pitino supporter,but you are dead wrong on his coaching ability and the make up of his team's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thanks, I’d much rather have Brownell.

Feb 17, 2019, 9:11 PM

Pitino isn’t worth the baggage. Not at Clemson. We are better than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

I'd rather have Shyatt back than that creep.***

Feb 17, 2019, 9:12 PM

i bet Pitino ends up at Oklahoma State***

Feb 17, 2019, 9:15 PM

Feb 17, 2019, 9:17 PM

Not a good plan. Better to stay the course with Coach BB.

Feb 17, 2019, 9:59 PM

Why would we want to hire a known cheat ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 10:02 PM

Not a no but a H3LL NO!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 10:12 PM

Nah. I think a line has to be drawn and hiring a guy with his reputation would be crossing that line. It would be like when Louisville hired Bobby Petrino back and everybody looked at that whole University as a sleaze ball school. No thanks.

We already had Tates Locke ... learn from the past!***

Feb 17, 2019, 10:28 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitino will be coaching again, when have ever heard of

Feb 17, 2019, 10:35 PM

This so called “blackballing” ever sticking? Pearl is still coaching, calipari is still coaching,... pitino is just on a sabbatical. He’ll be back in prime time if he still wants to. It’s all about winning buddy. He’ll probably be the next UCLA coach before too long without any of those type of handcuffing measures.

The only thing worse than this idea is the UNCheat scandal.

Feb 17, 2019, 10:39 PM

Why not use the UNCheat no class method to have a great basketball team ? Screw academics and roll on the tarheel way.

Re: The only thing worse than this idea is the UNCheat scandal.

Feb 17, 2019, 11:40 PM

We ain’t the tar holes. No one will protect CU when the NCAA comes calling. See Missouri as an example

Feb 18, 2019, 12:15 AM

I appreciate you are trying to think out of the box to change the fortunes of Clemson basketball.

However, if you don't trust the guy you are hiring and have to hire a monitor to report on his every move, you are not in a winning situation.

I hope we figure out a way to turn around our basketball program but do not think Pitino is the way to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2019, 6:00 AM

You must he kidding. I would not want him within miles of Clemson. I may consider hiring him to coach the Chickens, but frankly, even they don't deserve him. He is on his own level of reprehensible.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:11 AM

I'd sooner you just do away with basketball all together if he is the only scumball you can think of to coach Clemson.

Feb 18, 2019, 7:46 AM

RP was so bad these guys fired him for "ethical" reasons:

Yeah, at least their trustees a clothed this time.

But did you know the difference between a Louisville student and a coot? Literacy. Well, Louisville can spell the first letter of literacy, coots just start screaming when you ask them to spell

So basically a get back guy whose only time off is during games***

Feb 18, 2019, 8:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Feb 18, 2019, 9:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no Brownell fan...

Feb 18, 2019, 9:29 AM

In fact, I have maintained since day one he was a bad hire.

That said, I would rahter have him than Pitino ANY DAY !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'm no Brownell fan...

Feb 18, 2019, 9:31 AM

correct. fact is that anyone even mentioning pitinos name is either trying to be funny or is just an idiot, plain and simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have worse than Brownell than hire Pitino***

Feb 18, 2019, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I'm no Brownell fan... ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No, no, no, no, no. I have no interest in becoming another

Feb 18, 2019, 9:31 AM

Auburn.

That sounds like babysitting

Feb 18, 2019, 9:41 AM

Besides, who is to say he can get desired results without cheating? No one knows since he's always done it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No, that does not sound good***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic