Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herbstreit flaming the CFP commitee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Herbstreit flaming the CFP commitee

Dec 5, 2018, 8:42 PM

https://247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/College-football-playoff-Georgia-Bulldogs-Kirk-Herbstreit-125926755/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbstreit flaming the CFP commitee

Dec 5, 2018, 9:04 PM

Sorry Herbie.... the eye test isn’t good enough. Had they not lost to LSU by 20.... they’d be in

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 6, 2018, 7:30 AM

I really hope Texas destroys Georgia.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:25 AM

They won't. They suck.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:06 PM

Come on Kirk, get over it. Your opinion doesn't matter to the CFP committee. Its over and done, so no Georgia in the playoffs. Drop it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him

Dec 5, 2018, 9:06 PM

Anything to get us closer to an 8 team playoff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 team playoff will be a disaster for college football.

Dec 7, 2018, 6:13 AM

Once conference champions have an automatic bid, OOC games lose meaning. The 'every game counts,' aspect that makes college football the best sport on the planet evaporates. Attendance, already falling all over the country, will drop precipitously.

You think Northwestern, who was ten good minutes of football away, would deserve to play for a national championship? Do we need to expose players to injury to find out if Alabama can beat Washington or UCF? They would...by a lot. Four is perfect.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him

Dec 7, 2018, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Good for him ]

Easy decision to make for people who sit at the house and don’t go to the games.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

That same politics that got Bama in last year?***

Dec 5, 2018, 9:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:20 PM

1.They lost to the two best teams on their schedule.
2. One of those losses was by 20 points.
3. They don’t have a conference championship.

The fact that they played Alabama close is irrelevant. THEY STILL LOST. Plus, what if Alabama isn’t as invincible as the talking heads have been saying all year?!?

I simply don’t understand how anyone, much less someone as knowledgeable and level-headed as Herbstreit, can argue for Georgia in the top 4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^ This***

Dec 5, 2018, 9:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good points, Judge

Dec 6, 2018, 6:22 AM [ in reply to I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia. ]

I have two coworkers that are both diehard UGA fans and even they agree. Is UGA one of the 4 best teams, possibly. Did they do what they needed to in order to be in the playoffs, no.

It smells really funny to me when even UGA fans can see it but ESPN can't.

Re: Good points, Judge

Dec 6, 2018, 9:05 AM

ESPN is financially incentivized and contractually obligated to pump the SEC. If ESPN talking heads were to release one of their playoff projection polls and NOT have SEC teams in their projections, I'm pretty sure they would be in violation of something and could face some kind of lawsuit.

Re: I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia. ]

I simply don’t understand how anyone, much less someone as knowledgeable and level-headed as Herbstreit, can argue for Georgia in the top 4.

Gotta generate clicks for the next 4 weeks...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

He makes a great argument. If OK or OSU would

Dec 6, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia. ]

have played Bama, they lose also.

Still, UGA loses by 20 to an average LSU team, while OK lost by only 3 to an average Texas team. That makes ok the best pick to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia. ]

Throw in Bamas gimpy QB and losing to the backup after failing to adjust at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 7, 2018, 4:13 AM [ in reply to I don’t understand how ANYONE is arguing for Georgia. ]

Agreed. What if Bama gets beat by OK by three TDs? I know won't happened, but if it did then Bama was untested and over rated therefore leaving GA out was legit.

Georgia lost their first round game last Saturday.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:22 PM

They’re a two loss team and they do not deserve a shot at the national championship at this point. The playoff exists for the sole purpose of negating subjective opinions like his about who’s better. The committee lets it play out on the field. Georgia had their shot on the field last Saturday and blew it. In my own subjective opinion I feel like we were better than Bama in 2015. Did we get a do over? No we didn’t and we didn’t take the trophy home either. That’s the way it is and making a case for a two loss team to get in over Oklahoma is ludicrous whether you think they’re better than OK or not.

Re: Georgia lost their first round game last Saturday.

Dec 5, 2018, 10:01 PM

Kirks logic for March Madness. Play the tournament and let’s vote who we think is the best.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:27 PM

If how well you play bama is a key factor, why isn't Citadel a top 10 team?

Dec 5, 2018, 11:53 PM

Can we talk about ND for a moment please? Why were they a “given” in the Top 4? Yes, undefeated. But at least 3 of their games come to mind that could have easily gone the other way. AND no conference championship. And no real backlash on that issue it seems...just “special snowflake status” and only in the ACC when it’s convenient for them? Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we’re playing them! It just seems no one questioned ND, and I don’t get it.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:07 AM

Shhh. No complaining. Should make it an easy ride to the natty.. Im estatic we got nd

Dec 6, 2018, 7:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Herbstreit flaming the CFP commitee ]

They’re undefeated. They will get their shot at the national championship and if they lose you will never hear them cry over not getting a chance to prove it on the field like they would have under the BCS system. That’s why we have a four team playoff in the first place. Up to this point everything else has played itself out on the field as far as the national championship is concerned. Now we get an undisputed national champion out of three undefeated teams and a one loss conference champion. People’s opinions about “Notre Dame sucks” or “Alabama is invincible” is going to be put to the test on the field as it should be. Again that’s why we have the playoff and it’s not that hard for any reasonable person to understand. I’m glad the committee is more level headed than most fans about this.

Thank you

Dec 6, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Herbstreit flaming the CFP commitee ]

No wants to talk about the ND freebie or why OSU is completely forgotten.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Thank you

Dec 6, 2018, 12:19 PM

ND didn't get a "freebie," they went 12-0, which is incredibly hard to do, regardless of schedule. (Before anyone says it, ND's schedule>>>UCF's)

OSU is forgotten simply because they were drug up and down the field, then ran out of town by Purdue on national television. I don't necessarily agree with this, as they do have 2-3 very impressive wins on their resume that counter that one glaring loss. However, I believe the 1 point win at Maryland, a game they should have lost, also is playing in to that.

Plus, I'd much rather play ND than Oklahoma/OSU in the semis, and I'd rather play Oklahoma than OSU in the finals (if they beat Bama) so it really worked out well for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that fake punt . . . .

Dec 6, 2018, 12:12 AM

???????

Re: that fake punt . . . .

Dec 6, 2018, 4:58 AM

Not one of the top 4 teams would have made that call where the game was at with the timing and score.

Re: that fake punt . . . .

Dec 6, 2018, 4:58 AM [ in reply to that fake punt . . . . ]

Not one of the top 4 teams would have made that call where the game was at with the timing and score.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:13 AM

Hey Herbie, if a team loses TWO freaking games, with one being an absolute woodshed whoopin' by a 3 -loss average team, then forgetaboutit dude. Move on. Stop showing your extreme bias ASAP before you become LOUser Holtz or Lee Corso.

Dec 6, 2018, 4:27 AM

The dumbest thing is that he thinks ugay should have moved up to 3. The shear stupidity of that boggles the mind. Why play the games if there are no consequences. The sec lovefest is a joke. Moral victories, eye test, brand name should have no place in the selection process.

UGA lost two games.

Dec 6, 2018, 5:51 AM

Our motto for years has been 'Win and we're in.' The eyetest is the last of the criteria applied to determine the four best teams.

In no particular order the list is, W/L record, head to head victory, SOS, conference championships and others which aren't supposed to be objective. The eyetest can be the most subjective of all.

I however believe that of ND, OSU, OU, UGA and UCF that UGA may be the best team. I would not have included them in the conversation because they lost to Bama and doovers isn't a part of the POC's mission. It defies all logic to think that UGA would turn out to win the NC game.

The most important reason to exclude UGA is the fairness factor. Last year the SEC received 66% of the money paid to conference for their participation in the two rounds of the playoff. No one but ESPiN and the SEC expected this system to be an economic advantage to one conference.

Right now the B1G is looking into changing the matchups for the CCG from division winners to the two best teams in the conference without regard to divisions. That follows the Big 12 adding a CCG of the best two teams because they did not and do not have divisions. I expect the ACC and PAC will soon follow. There may come a time when the SEC feels that playing the best two may yield a stronger champion with a better shot at representing them as a playoff candidate.

Imo, it's foolish to allow a playoff system alter the conferences as they do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA lost two games.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:24 AM

Everyone keeps saying UGA has two losses.

Does anyone think Oklahoma or Ohio State wouldn’t have two losses if they played Alabama last weekend?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

actually no

Dec 6, 2018, 8:51 AM

I think Oklahoma is going to beat Bama.

Re: actually no

Dec 6, 2018, 9:14 AM

The Sooners will lose by 28 minimum. Look for something like 58-21.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:21 PM

Not so sure about that, I think Oklahoma has a chance, but if Bama wins there would be a lot of surprised people to see the margin be 28+.

Dec 6, 2018, 5:03 PM

It will be 28. The Sooners suck. They have no business there.

The next time you add something relevant to a discussion...

Dec 6, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

will be the first time.

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 6, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

They also lost to LSU dude. Wow how stupid are you?

I think syracuse could have beat bama last weekend

Dec 6, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

As crappy as they were playing.

Dec 6, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

Why are you even in this conversation. This has nohing to do with usuc. You ride bammers coat tails and ugay has been christened an elite program without having accomplished anything accept playing bama close. They aren't sec champs last year if they played bama.

Maybe you should petition the SEC commissioner

Dec 6, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

to do away with the conference championship game. But then Georgia would have one loss, a weaker strength of schedule, no 13th data point, and STILL no conference championship.

Do you think a 1-loss non-conference champion Georgia gets in over a 1-loss conference champion in Oklahoma (or Ohio State)? Sure, they were 4th the week before championship week, but so were TCU and Baylor a few years ago.

Can't have it both ways. The fact that they took Alabama to the limit IN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is the basis of the whole argument.

We KNOW Georgia would lose. And we get to see

Dec 6, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

if Oklahoma would lose.

See how that works?

Man, Gamecocks are always righting the wrongs of the scoreboard. I’m amazed at how many teams “should” have beat us, or how Total Offensive Yards is a metric for victory, despite losing by 21. In this case, I guess playing Bama close is the threshold for being a playoff team. Wow. Maybe the Citadel will get to play a half.

null

Dec 6, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

1: I think the coots would get wood shedded by anyone in the top 20

2: uga had their shot and lost. Step aside and let someone else take a shot at Bama. A rematch would have been a garbage move

Good point.***

Dec 6, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

With Hurts playing? Absolutely.

My question remains, when did we start giving points

Dec 6, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

for losses. Aww poor UGA had to play Alabama.. We certainly can't count that game against them.

GO TIGERS!!

My issue with that logic

Dec 6, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

Is that Alabama played like crap in that game. And offensively they were making themselves look bad. UGA wasn't forcing problems. There were about 80-100 yards of dropped passes by WR's that were open by 10 yards and Tua was throwing interceptions when he had 8 seconds in the pocket. They just didn't play well. Quite frankly it took a missed chip shot FG, and an opposing coach that choked along with his team for Bama to win that game. And yes Hurts made plays and I'll give him credit for keeping the momentum going after UGA started to gag, but all in all that was Alabama's C- to D level game.

So given what I saw Ohio ST play like vs Michigan and what the OK offense is capable of, I don't think it's so easy to say that Bama would have rolled or even beaten either of those teams with their D game. Thus I'm not impressed by what UGA did against the #1 team that played their D game.

Had the game been a better played football game (i.e. Bama at least brings their B game and UGA doesn't choke) You could then make the argument for UGA over one of those teams. But I saw nothing special from UGA in that game other than they did handle Bama's defense for a half, that suggested UGA was a significantly better football team than Ohio St or Oklahoma. And if you concede that they are similar teams, the lack of a conf. championship keeps them out.

Dec 7, 2018, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

Irrelevant
Doesn’t matter what anyone thinks in this case.
Getting caned by LSU and choking away the SEC championship game does.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

To be fair had either of those teams had UGA schedule...

Dec 7, 2018, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA lost two games. ]

we don't know. The premise of your argument is corrupt. If UGA lost to Bama once what makes you think they should get a doover?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair had either of those teams had UGA schedule...

Dec 7, 2018, 7:18 AM

If UGA had been 12-0 in the SEC Championship game they certainly would be in this playoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No they wouldn't, no team has lost a CCG and backed in***

Dec 7, 2018, 12:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Dec 6, 2018, 6:00 AM

Message removed by Author

Losses count for SOS too.***

Dec 6, 2018, 9:13 AM

Dec 6, 2018, 7:46 AM

The saddest thing about this is what a joke the CFP really is. Alabama gets a pass and will therefore always be in. This means there are only 3 spots to play for. The bias for the sec and against the other conferences is ok, but the bias for the other conferences and against the sec is unfair. The reason ugay was placed between OK and OSU is so next time this happens they will go ahead and put another sec team in. When they expand the playoffs they will try and put at least three and try to get 4 sec teams into the playoff.

I’m a big KH fan, but it is nuts how fixated he is on this.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:00 AM

I mean, to me it is obvious that you put in a one loss conference champ who pounded the team that beat them by 3 points earlier in the season over a team that got whipped by LSU and then couldn’t win their conference because their opponent’s back-up QB was allowed to orchestrate two touchdown drives at the end of the game. A complete no brained. But if they put in UGA over Oklahoma, I wouldn’t be as fixated as KH is now.

ESPN must really think the nation would have responded to the UGA-Bama rematch hype.

null

Re: Rematch hype. That’s not what’s driving this.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:45 PM

A rematch would hurt ratings. Herbie is being sincere and makes a good argument. I disagree though.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:10 AM

I like Kirk. He's my favorite of all the "talking heads," for sure. But he's just dead wrong on this. Georgia had their chance. If they'd beaten Alabama, they'd be in the playoffs. What makes me smile is that Georgia is very likely the victim of all the "trash talking" about the ACC. Early in the year, everyone was convinced LSU was the heir apparent to Alabama. When Georgia went to Baton Rouge, the Tigers thrashed the dawgs. But then those same LSU Tigers were beaten pretty soundly by aTm. That in and of itself isn't shameful except that aTm had previously lost to "lowly Clemson." So how good can Georgia be if they lost to a team who was beaten by an ACC opponent? Karma is a *#%*/! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:11 AM

Well, you keep hearing that the Conference championship games are like quarter final games. How can you lose your “quarter final” game and still get in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF the eye test is the measuring stick the USC would've been

Dec 6, 2018, 8:22 AM

in a couple years ago with 3 losses. And who's eye are we using. I gets really tricky when you start going so subjective with your picks. REsults have to factor in at the end. And if UGA had a conference championship with 2 losses then you start making that argument.

I do realize at some point we may find ourselves in UGA's position and will hope we get in off of the eye test too but..i don't think i'd necessarily blame the committee if they didn't put us in w/o a conference champ

Only logical reasoning is he had $$$ in Vegas riding on Dawg

Dec 6, 2018, 8:38 AM

in CFP.

Money makes people that passionate.

Wow, is he really going to die on this hill?

Dec 6, 2018, 9:11 AM

Crazy that he's still going on about that.

09 makes a good point above. If OK or OSU would

Dec 6, 2018, 11:59 AM

have had to play Bama, they too would have lost.

Still, I think losing to a “pretty good only” LSU team by 20 puts UGA out. OK lost by 3 to a “pretty good only” Texas.

Re: 09 makes a good point above. If OK or OSU would

Dec 6, 2018, 2:15 PM

Not really a good point because you are just going on opinion. Oklahoma has a helluva a better offense than UGA and just may have been able to out score Bama. OSU would match up with UGA and play a close game. For KH to say UGA should move up just because they "played Bama close" has to be the most idiotic thing I have heard

Re: 09 makes a good point above. If OK or OSU would

Dec 7, 2018, 7:28 AM

Oklahoma absolutely has a better offense, but the problem is they have absolutely no defense. Alabama should be able to run the ball on them at will and shorten the game.

It will force their offense to be perfect.

Dec 9, 2023, 11:17 AM

he's usually pretty balanced; almost to a fault, he's off his rocker on this one. Georgia lost twice, doesn't matter how good they looked for "most" of the game vs bama they made critical errors and lost. Last time I checked coaches are a part of the game, execution is a part of the game and Georgia did not do either in the 'Bama game. The loss to LSU was a no doubter e whole game, LSU hung 17 points on Georgia in the 4th quarter... lost 36-16... but that somehow is a "good loss"...

It's time for Herbie to drop it. Is he lobbying on behalf of

Dec 6, 2018, 11:50 AM

ESPN to get more teams ($$$$ for them) into the playoff?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No, he’s sincere and makes a very good argument. I

Dec 6, 2018, 12:01 PM

don’t agree but believe money doesn’t drive this.

I like Herbie, but...

Dec 6, 2018, 12:59 PM

I disagree and believe there's a bit of lobbying going on with this due to the amount of time he's lingered on the subject.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: It's time for Herbie to drop it. Is he lobbying on behalf of

Dec 6, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to It's time for Herbie to drop it. Is he lobbying on behalf of ]

So who exactly is it that pays ESPN extra money if more than one SEC gets into the CFP?

Re: It's time for Herbie to drop it. Is he lobbying on behalf of

Dec 6, 2018, 2:49 PM

That's not what I meant--it's that I think he is using it as a way to lobby for more teams in the playoff in upcoming years. More games = more money for ESPN.

--Henry David Thoreau

Eye Test

Dec 6, 2018, 2:54 PM

They keep bringing up the Eye test all the time, like that's the ultimate way to determine who is best. But I know everyone at ESPN, and pretty much everywhere would say Michigan clearly passes the eye test over Ohio State right before their game. It was no question. Yet how did that game go?

Dec 6, 2018, 8:41 PM

Should have been the 4 undefeateds, imo. How often will there be 4? At least UCF plays D and split the NC with Bama last year. Bama is scared to play UCF and has ESPiN do a hatchet job on the AAC to prevent further SEC exposure at the hands of UCF, like AU last year. I saw their (AAC) 2018 commercial where they are actually part of the Power 6 but listening to the likes of ESPiN you would never know it.

The lady doth protest too much

Dec 6, 2018, 10:45 PM

Baffling and disheartening really
Does anyone think his peculiar overreaction is related to his on air suggestion the committee would vote GA into the playoffs and up a spot at #3?
I noticed he bristled when Chris Fowler asked him to clarify whether that was his opinion or his belief the committee would actually do that. As he awkwardly answered the question, he became defensive and his body language was tinted with insecurity.
I don’t know.
I do know he is behaving oddly.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: The lady doth protest too much

Dec 7, 2018, 3:09 PM

I noticed his odd reaction and body language as well.

--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 6, 2018, 11:43 PM

I'll give Herbie credit for being usually right. Not this time. Sorry, eye test is apparently code for favor SEC in all situations. Favor a 2 loss team beause they played a a close game agaist Bama but choked like a consumptive? Against two one loss teams from power 5 that won their Champ games?

Nah. That sentiment if given credence will bite us soon, and is probably is designed for that very purpose, specifially to screw Clemson at some point because they know how good we are going to be for the next decade. Why not favor a two loss Georgia or T A&M over an undefeated Clemson? After all, it makes sense in somebody's "eye" at ESECPN.

Dec 7, 2018, 7:14 AM

What an idiot to basically say UGA lost so they should jump Undefeated ND. Herb I believe you have lost your mind.
It’s not like UGA just played this really hard schedule and only lost to Bama. No they played some real cupcakes along the way just like everyone in the top 5.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic