Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help with NCAA 13
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Help with NCAA 13

Sep 27, 2012, 1:35 PM

I am in an online dynasty with a few coots and some other guys....

2 of the coots have FSU and Miami, I have Clemson of course, and another coot has Florida.

I've only been playing 2013 for a month and a half or so. 2013 is the first ncaa I've played since like 2003 on ps2.

Any suggestions or tips on plays to run? things to do? to beat these fools and beat them bad?

We're going into year 2 now. I lose Ellington and the rest of the seniors but got Boyd, Hopkins and BT to stay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're also losing Anthony

Sep 27, 2012, 1:37 PM

who should have been playing impact MLB. So try to get a recruit who can fill in there if you haven't.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Re: I think you're also losing Anthony

Sep 27, 2012, 1:40 PM

Stephone Anthony is going into his Jr year...not losing him.

I did lose Shaq Anthony(RSFR LT) to a transfer to florida for playing time

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help with NCAA 13

Sep 27, 2012, 1:41 PM

that is a very difficult game compared to the ones in the past, just don't try to force anything to your receivers cause they will pic it off... also you can break the pocket with the quarter back to run a good bit on this game

Sep 27, 2012, 1:45 PM

Yeah I have learned that the hard way.

What I can't figure out is how these coots (guys that have been playing for years) some how go up with a receiver in triple coverage on a jump ball and come down with the dang thing EVERY FREAKING TIME. Most annoying crap ever...

Unfortunately the game seems to have Tajh as a poor runner.

User catches

Sep 27, 2012, 1:52 PM

You pressing swat or catch when your DB's go up with them?

Re: User catches

Sep 27, 2012, 1:58 PM

yeah...I tap Triangle...

When I tap triangle wiht my WR on those throws it's swatted or int.

Try pressing and holding it instead of tapping.***

Sep 27, 2012, 1:59 PM

Re: Try pressing and holding it instead of tapping.***

Sep 27, 2012, 2:03 PM

do I have to switch the WR or DB to active player to do what they do?

I don't think you HAVE to but you can.***

Sep 27, 2012, 2:12 PM

L1 works really well. Only do triangle if you're confident

Sep 27, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: User catches ]

your guys gonna make the play

HB Clearout is a legit play out of shotgun spread

Sep 27, 2012, 1:51 PM

Also, IMO Picks are RIDICULOUS on '13 so be careful when passing.

I also hot route streaks on my outside receivers on slants a lot. With sammy in press man coverage, audible to slants and hot route sammy to streak. TD 80% of the time.

Re: HB Clearout is a legit play out of shotgun spread

Sep 27, 2012, 1:59 PM

You might as well have typed that in german....

LOL sorry. Do you know how to audible?***

Sep 27, 2012, 2:00 PM

Re: LOL sorry. Do you know how to audible?***

Sep 27, 2012, 2:04 PM

I know how to press square and then choose a different play from the panel that pops up (clearcut angles, hb dive, buck sweep etc)

You right stick should dictate audibles too

Sep 27, 2012, 2:16 PM

So for me (xbox) I press X to audible and UP on the right stick to call a slants play.

Then before the snap you can switch over to any receiver and call a hot route by pressing Y (triangle) once your on them and the using the direction sticks. (Y + Left stick Up = streak route... that one WR just runs straight down the field hail mary style).

This especially works if their safety is cheating up or if the DB on the eWR that you want to streak is pressing right up on him before the snap.

Hope that helps.

Clemsons playbook is tough to dominate with

Sep 27, 2012, 1:53 PM

Unless youre doing everything perfectly. Hard to surprise your opponent when 90% of your play book is shotgun. That said, practice read option and option plays, screens work well....QB sonja check is a great long yardage play. Once or twice a game I like to audible my RB straight down the field, watch him beat the coverage, and toss one for 6. And between those plays....run the freakin ball.

Options work very well

Sep 27, 2012, 1:57 PM

Particularly against actual people who are used to trucking your RB.

Clemson

Sep 27, 2012, 1:54 PM

It takes a while to get used to the passing. This game is more intuitive with placing the ball where you want to. It took me some time to get the hang of it. But right when you hit the button for the receiver to throw it to, flick the left toggle stick where you want it to go, i.e., if you want to lead him, or drop it low, or whatever. I threw a LOT of INTs when I first got it. It's #### near impossible to throw across the middle deep. But once you get the hang of the passing stick you'll be fine.

Sep 27, 2012, 1:57 PM

Also, to echo what ShadeTree said, if you can get the zone read/read option down, you can kill it. You've just got to be quick on the trigger to read the DE.

There's a play called Corner Strikes

Sep 27, 2012, 2:02 PM

Nuk and Sammy run inside them suddenly cut outside toward the sidelines. Usually you have enough time to tell if it's Man or Zone, and one side should have one less defender. If it's man and the defender is on the inside, you've got it. Just lead your WR a little to the direction he cuts to, should be a simple play.

Also, if everyone looks covered, due to the way the routes run, should be easy to run tajh up the middle for a few yards.

Clemson

There is a pass play call U Drive

Sep 27, 2012, 2:32 PM

Its a TD for me most of the time. Its a Post route to the Slot WR. Usually Sammy for me. If its two deep the Safties will split enough to get the ball in there as soon as he cuts. It its one deep you have to throw early of late to avoid the middle of the field. The best case scenerio is when the opposite field Safty gets sucked in, and the near field safty gets caught looking at Nuke on the go.

Dont over use it or it doesnt work as well.

Sep 27, 2012, 2:35 PM

thanks guys, this good info....

Here's a few things I've noticed

Sep 27, 2012, 4:00 PM

1) Take advantage of mismatches. If the D lines up in a nickle take advantage of it by send your running back out to run a deep route.
2) Keep the D-line on aggressive. If you're playing ps3 press L1 for strategy selection.
3) Use the new pump fake a LOT. I love how you can target individual receivers to open the coverage.

I dont claim to be a know it all, but doing some of these things help.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic