Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help please no cable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Help please no cable

Dec 29, 2015, 7:54 AM

Any suggestions on how to stream game Thursday ? No cable or satellite at our house. Thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help please no cable

Dec 29, 2015, 7:55 AM

Slingtv with sports for 25 dollars monthly.

Im going this route myself

Dec 29, 2015, 9:48 AM

I havent yet cut the cord, but trying this in anticipation of. So far, I have been pleased with the service. Closest thing I have found to ala carte television as to that which I would want to watch.

What kind of internet provider do you have ?

Dec 29, 2015, 9:54 AM

I have cable at like 60mb. When all the kids get on their devices I notice the lag. This is my biggest concern fir skiing tv.

Charter has been really good. In 13 years I probably lost tv maybe 4 times. Lost internet about twice add many times but mostly because of a bad splitter, modem, or router.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

how do have internet?

Dec 29, 2015, 8:16 AM

Do you have cell phone?
Do you have friends with cable?
Is this a vacation house, do you have cable at your other house?

Help us help you. What resources do you have?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: how do have internet?

Dec 29, 2015, 8:21 AM

Buy an Amazon firestick, download kodi for it, and watch anything you can imagine for free. Even live TV

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kodi is just a media player. . Will have to find some 1

Dec 29, 2015, 8:46 AM

Streaming the game illegally.

Dec 29, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to how do have internet? ]

Yes we have internet. Cell phone too.

You could get a roku stick and SlingTV for cheaper than one

Dec 29, 2015, 8:30 AM

ticket. I think that's your best bet. It just won't be free if that's what you're looking for. Alternatively get some sort of streaming player or just use your computer and find a friend/family member who will let you use their login credentials for WatchESPN.

Re: You could get a roku stick and SlingTV for cheaper than one

Dec 29, 2015, 8:37 AM

SlingTV also offers 7 day trial for free, so that might be worth considering.

Dec 29, 2015, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: how do have internet? ]

If you have the internet, just watch it on the watch ESPN app.

Have to have a service provider to use espn app.***

Dec 29, 2015, 8:47 AM

Do they still offer this service on campus networks?***

Dec 29, 2015, 8:53 AM

That is a start. Try

Dec 29, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: how do have internet? ]

http://orangebowllive.net

Just go to a bar.***

Dec 29, 2015, 8:18 AM

Jesus disapproves.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yeah, that guy hated wine.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:13 AM

Uh oh.. booker mayfield in trouble if jebus hates whiners.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:17 AM

Not for a Clemson football ballgame.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Jesus disapproves.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying Jesus can't hit a curve ball?

Dec 29, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Jesus disapproves.*** ]

no wait, sorry! wrong reference.... still a funny movie

Sheesh.... just steal cable from your neighbor...

Dec 29, 2015, 8:55 AM

like most normal people do.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Help please no cable

Dec 29, 2015, 9:17 AM

How do you have internet at your house without having cable or satellite? Just curious.

Ditto what everyone said about WatchESPN app. I thought about suggesting streaming the game on your laptop and sending it to your tv via HDMI cable... But it sounds like you're living in a cave in Afghanistan with a cell phone and a sleeping bag so I gave up.

This is the second thread in less than a day she/he's posted

Dec 29, 2015, 9:20 AM

and the same answers have been given in both.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them figure out how to watch ESPN in 2015.

Re: This is the second thread in less than a day she/he's posted

Dec 29, 2015, 9:41 AM

Lol. Exactly. Sometimes I wonder why I even post in threads like these.

"Ugh, does anyone know where to park at sun life stadium?"

Dude. One word - Google. Use it, love it, learn something.

You can get dsl and cabe internet without

Dec 29, 2015, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Help please no cable ]

Tv service now.

Re: You can get dsl and cabe internet without

Dec 29, 2015, 9:35 AM

If that's the case, get off tigernet, call your provider and order basic cable for a month for $10. They always throw in offers for ESPN, HBO, etc. on the front side. And thanks for the lesson in how things work, you must have missed the satire in my last post.

I know dish will let you month by month. Dunno the cost.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:44 AM

My dad canot get cable or dsl. Has to do internet through Verizon and tv through satelite. 4g is as fast as it goes. Afghanistan prob. more technilogically advanced than bonneu beach south carolina.

Re: I know dish will let you month by month. Dunno the cost.

Dec 29, 2015, 10:10 AM

I don't know where "bonneu beach" is but if you're referring to Bonneau Beach, SC, you should look into Exede Satellite Internet which provides plans up to 12mb/sec. Also, based on the miraculous Google, it appears Time Warner and Earth Link are also now available in select areas of that zip code. And if he's using satellite for television, why isn't he bundling internet into the same bill? Assuming he has dish network or directv. Ugh. I'm not going to begin to try and understand your situation, or your father's for that matter.. I can't deal. The issue at hand was helping Ms. Shirley, who, based on being provided the same answers in two separate threads now, may be helpless after all.

Yes.and will foward to my dad

Dec 29, 2015, 10:26 AM

Thanks.

He uses version for cell phone which is why I think he uses them for internet as well but it is helluva expensive. that is the only reliable cell he gets at his house. I've had Sprint and T-Mobile and can't get any bars at his house.

Suggestions were given to you yesterday

Dec 29, 2015, 9:29 AM

apparently you have chosen to ignore them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Maybe WE are doing it wrong. Maybe she is asking

Dec 29, 2015, 9:33 AM

For some striking young tnetter to bring his cable to her house for the game.

Ill be in miami so .. 1 2 3 4..not it.

I've tried to be helpful. Upon further inspection I'm not

Dec 29, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Suggestions were given to you yesterday ]

sure how someone who's a fan hasn't figured out an arrangement for watching ESPN by the 14th game of the season.

I could kind of understand if this game was on the Big 10 network or something wonkie like that, but this truly baffles me.

Someone who's a real fan won't be watching it at home anyway***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Did this just become THAT thread?***

Fingers crossed...***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:56 AM

Re: Fingers crossed...***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:59 AM

Get a no contract cable provider and cancel it. Or just get a really good friend to text you updates. This is kinda silly, do you live 100 miles from civilization?

Dec 29, 2015, 10:00 AM

Dec 29, 2015, 10:12 AM

i cant hear you at all. http://imgur.com/gallery/8q947Yj

Re: Did this just become THAT thread?***

Dec 29, 2015, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Did this just become THAT thread?*** ]

We're gonna get it to 100, keep working.

You can always use your internet connection and computer to

Dec 29, 2015, 9:32 AM

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#type/upcoming/

This is so not true.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:33 AM

That works if you know someone who has cable

Dec 29, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to You can always use your internet connection and computer to ]

and will give you their account information to login for streaming shows

Or just get cable and cancel it after the game. Well, after

Dec 29, 2015, 9:36 AM

the game on the 11th.

What, no pics?

Dec 29, 2015, 10:43 AM

How do you expect to get help from this crowd without pictures? Hth

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic