Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard the coots will have up to 5 kids that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Heard the coots will have up to 5 kids that

May 21, 2014, 4:07 PM

won't qualify. Anyone heard anything? Some juco they were suppose to get is not going to get in also, don't know his name. Maybe someone who follows the coots can chime in here. Thanks.

They're going to be super thin on Dline and corner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Oh man! I will take great joy in this...

May 21, 2014, 4:09 PM

after we beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any little bit helps

May 21, 2014, 4:10 PM

like pulling splinters after landing on a porcupine.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nope...

May 21, 2014, 4:12 PM

No it hasn't helped in 5 years now...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can ya not qualify for scar?

May 21, 2014, 4:12 PM

Don't they have the customary sec grade curve?

Re: How can ya not qualify for scar?

May 21, 2014, 4:17 PM

Well, if Clowney got in, one would think there are no limitations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same requirements as Clemdon in fball

May 21, 2014, 4:21 PM [ in reply to How can ya not qualify for scar? ]

But yeah we have a couple D-linemen that won't qualify that could've helped with depth this year. A previous poster said our secondary will be thin, which is somewhat true. Our starting secondary will be fine, but if injuries occur we'll gave to use some freshmen who are supposed to be studs. So I'd say depth at DB is a question mark as there's no telling how a freshman will play until it happens. Our d-line will definitely take a step back, IMO

Clemson*. Annoying iPhone***

May 21, 2014, 4:22 PM

Re: Same requirements as Clemdon in fball

May 21, 2014, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

my SC friend keeps talking about the Dixon boys on the D-line and how they'll def get plenty of pressure and blah blah blah ..... He acts like Carolina has been re-loading recruitment wise the last 3 years, I think he's going to be severely disappointed.

The Dixon boys have barely played***

May 25, 2014, 1:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Dixon boys have barely played***

May 26, 2014, 11:14 AM

The stat line for back ups I saw in the spring shows a pretty good line for them. ConfessedCoot said on here that the DE Dixon played more snaps than Clowney in about 4 games this year.

May 26, 2014, 11:16 AM

That's not true about Dixon playing more than Clowney in any game. Not even close. I am still a little skeptical about the Dixon brothers honestly.

May 26, 2014, 11:47 AM

I didn't think it was possible. But They combined for over 55 Tackles and 8 TFL. and just 1 sack. not to bad i guess. But saw where the DE Dixon played more than DT Dixon

I'm guessing these are the D-Linemen

May 21, 2014, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

You guys were thumping your chest over during the amazing "signing day upsets"....for guys that were never going to qualify anyway. I know one is all ready at a JuCo. I assume the others will be headed that direction as well?

########!***

May 21, 2014, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Same requirements as Clemdon in fball

May 21, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

if U are talking academics WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your secondary is going to be playing true and RS freshman..

May 25, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

So no your starters aren't considered fine, when they have very little game experience. Ever since Lorenzo Ward has been dcoord, the gamecocks play mostly starters on defense. Very little rotation under Ward. This will probably really hurt the gamecocks this season at least to start off the season.

Wrong

May 26, 2014, 9:27 AM

Don't see how any freshmen will start in the opener in our secondary barring injuries. We do have a lot of young talent that will be trying to work their way in though.

Re: Wrong

May 26, 2014, 10:02 AM

Young talent ? You meant inexperienced victims , right. W/out Doody and that Quarles dude , your up front pressure will be greatly reduced. I think Coot fans better strap it on this year , gonna be a lot of opponents in the enemy end zone this fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 26, 2014, 10:35 AM

Speaking of Quarles , its ironic that his last name is what he ended up in in NYC w/Vic Hampton where they teamed up on some kid in a Manhattan bar at about 0230 a month ago.
Those two typify what the Coots are currently flushing through their system. Those two Dirtpecker legends were not draftable but the NYPD finds them Indictment worthy .
The story writes itself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 26, 2014, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Wrong ]

Speaking of Quarles , its ironic that his last name is what he ended up in in NYC w/Vic Hampton where they teamed up on some kid in a Manhattan bar at about 0230 a month ago.
Those two typify what the Coots are currently flushing through their system. Those two Dirtpecker legends were not draftable but the NYPD finds them Indictment worthy .
The story writes itself.

DB23

Your tears taste so so good

May 26, 2014, 10:55 AM

Your insubstantial rambling drips with butthurt and inferiority.

I'm here to talk football with adults. Not with you.

Hit a nerve there huh?***

May 27, 2014, 9:57 AM

Riiiight....That's why Steve Spurrier threatened to leave?

May 27, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Same requirements as Clemdon in fball ]

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Steve-Spurrier-Threatens-to-Leave-If-South-Carolina-Doesnt-Lower-Their-Academic-Standards-Blog-3652

My goodness do I have to hold your hand through every conversation

May 27, 2014, 10:23 AM

This story relates to two kids that were denied at SC even though they qualified for academic eligibility for all NCAA BCS schools. However at the time SC had a higher requirement and SOS wanted to lower requirements to align with everyone else. The kids did everything asked of them by the NCAA but SC didn't qualify them and he was pissed and felt he mislead these kids.

Re: My goodness do I have to hold your hand through every conversation

May 27, 2014, 11:20 AM

The point was that at usc, thanks to Spurrier, all you have to do is make the NCAA minimum and you're accepted. At Clemson we have a more thorough process. If a player is in the lower half of his high school class, a further review by a special board is required. He can still get in, but it takes letters from guidance counselors, some history of improved academics, and a letter from the kid requesting the exception. When he gets to school, he gets the support he needs to make progress toward and ultimatley earn his degree.

Re: My goodness do I have to hold your hand through every conversation

May 27, 2014, 11:31 AM

GTFO here with that. Do you realize how ridiculous that post is? You live in a bubble my friend.

"Those test are culturally biased."

May 21, 2014, 4:29 PM

Smh

Not enough arrests?***

May 21, 2014, 4:46 PM

Re: Heard the coots will have up to 5 kids that

May 21, 2014, 4:51 PM

They can't get in at usuc? They mus be rocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fo shizzle***

May 21, 2014, 5:03 PM

Re: fo shizzle***

May 21, 2014, 5:19 PM

Ma nizzle......

This is very telling of how much the rivalry has turned

May 21, 2014, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Heard the coots will have up to 5 kids that ]

When fans say something so unbelievably untrue instead of being able to find something to criticize about the rival in earnest.

you must be new to the rivalry***

May 21, 2014, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like how SC fans have acted since forever???***

May 22, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to This is very telling of how much the rivalry has turned ]

Re: This is very telling of how much the rivalry has turned

May 25, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to This is very telling of how much the rivalry has turned ]

Stick your head back in the sand, cootie pie. There you can pretend reality isn't true. You can bask in all the success of your storied program and the "scholar" athletes with all the character they exude. Sit among all the championship trophies you have won and share stories about how in only 30 or 40 more years you will have a winning record against Clemson, (if you win every game from now until then), no matter what your standards are. Now, go on back over to fgf where there is a great make believe world, and there are some who appreciate your caddie little comments. I just say to you, "bye, bye cootie pie".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth hurts, obviously...

May 25, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to This is very telling of how much the rivalry has turned ]

Seen the APR comparison lately?

Clemson has far superior students. uSC has clearly admitted some kids who have no business being on a college campus let alone pretending to go to school.

Re: Truth hurts, obviously...

May 26, 2014, 9:08 AM

They like to ignore that kind of stuff.

Re: Truth hurts, obviously...

May 27, 2014, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Truth hurts, obviously... ]

Have you seen it. In football you are 3 points ahead for current year and 19 behind for 2012-2013 year.

meant current multi year***

May 27, 2014, 11:45 AM

Sounds like it'll be most of the DL class

May 21, 2014, 5:23 PM

Wideman, Sawyer, Ritchie, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's SC, they will get in if they are any good.***

May 21, 2014, 6:44 PM

Re: It's SC, they will get in if they are any good.***

May 25, 2014, 11:11 AM

heck, they'll probably even get a chrysler 300 or some kind of car & an "honorary degree"...lol

May 21, 2014, 7:24 PM

don`t bet on it!! they have had lots of guys that did not qualify but they played!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Such as…?***

May 21, 2014, 7:31 PM

Re: Such as…?***

May 21, 2014, 11:26 PM

JClown took remedial classes in HS and actually qualified scholastically to be deemed " learning disabled".
Hard for me to believe that there could possibly be some recruit (s) out there so implausibly deficient in academia that they could be in danger of not qualifying for ScAr.
It is a sad state of affairs when the dopes thumb their noses at the dopes.

DB23

Remember Ricardo Hurley

May 27, 2014, 11:35 AM

He got a "learning disability" soon after finding out he would qualify.

They can breathe on their own.

May 21, 2014, 7:31 PM

They're in.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Man, they must be dumb if not able to get in down

May 21, 2014, 7:33 PM

there.

Re: Man, they must be dumb <<< RIGHT???!!!

May 25, 2014, 11:04 AM

HTH do you NOT get accepted into to USuCk?

they have academic standards & requirements now?
When did this happen???

signed: DooDoo Clowney

That's a yearly occurrence***

May 25, 2014, 1:17 PM

May 26, 2014, 8:05 PM

I hears something similar from a an academic at USC, I know thats an oxymoron, but this is a great person and one to be trusted. But like always it remains to be seen what transfolds.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic