Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard from a trusted friend regarding Belk. (DHood, please
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Heard from a trusted friend regarding Belk. (DHood, please

May 17, 2018, 8:28 AM

chime in if you are able to)

Take it for what it's worth. Attorney friend of mine sent this info...

Belk has had 2nd thoughts throughout the spring and wanted to transfer to SCar. He tried to quit a few times but Clemson did not want to grant him a release to schools currently on our schedule (ACC schools and SCar). Belk became close with Lance Thompson during recruiting process and that relationship continued with both Belk and his family this spring.

Belk was instructed that the best way to try to get this done would be to hire an attorney. The attorney drafted a letter using the vague term of "declining health of a family member" to use against Clemson for Swinney to allow an "unconditional release" meaning he can go wherever. The threat was if Clemson did not allow, they were prepared to release a statement that Clemson would not allow a player to transfer home due to family circumstances and this goes directly against the message that Dabo Swinney portrays to recruits as a family environment. Basically, it could've potentially caused a sh1tstorm.

Swinney was proactive about it, not happy, but released him. Note that Dabo released a quick statement that never said anything about "praying for Belk's mother, etc". He simply said "circumstances change". Also note how vague the HS coach was and how the HS coach was instructed to say just out of the blue "no tampering occurred" and how Clemson "put their money where there mouth is" regarding the family environment.

This is my words, but I picture Dabo basically saying to himself, "have fun in Columbia, we wish you the best, and we'll beat your @ss by 50 in November.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Said it from the beginning. There's more to this story.

May 17, 2018, 8:31 AM

I doubt we will ever learn the full truth, but I think it would be great if davidhood® got to the bottom of this and told us what really happened.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Said it from the beginning. There's more to this story.

May 17, 2018, 8:33 AM

I'm not sure he can say much more without losing trust that he has gained with our staff, etc.

What is worse?

May 17, 2018, 8:36 AM

Telling us the full truth if some shadiness was going on with Belk or protecting a lie to the people that have supported Clemson, DHood and Belk?

I'm not sure there is a correct answer and some people will be quick to claim that we aren't owed any explanation, but in an extreme event like this, a little disclosure would be refreshing.

Coots are pathetic and disgusting trash. It’s their culture.***

May 17, 2018, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why? Why do you need to know? He is gone

May 17, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Said it from the beginning. There's more to this story. ]

Clemson will move on, so will Belk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No doubt. I think our Coach has PROVEN beyond a

May 17, 2018, 1:55 PM

shadow of a doubt, 100 times over that HE'S GOT THIS.

And CDS & only a few other folks have ALL the info and a decision was made by our Coach.

His decision-making process has looked pretty sharp to me - from the time he was about 15 years old until today - so I'm good with the decision.

Not that hard.

AND - we ARE NOT owed ANYTHING - not more information, not an explanation - nothing. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: No doubt. I think our Coach has PROVEN beyond a

May 17, 2018, 2:20 PM

Most of us believe Dabo has this under control. And, I agree we aren't owed any information or details on the matter. However, what we also should not be receiving is false information from the player (and/or those close to him) in question. I think that is what has many people riled up. If he doesn't want to play at Clemson, so be it, but don't put out lies about why he's leaving. Either tell the truth or say nothing.

I am all for letting someone leave the team if they don't want to be there. Period. It's best for all involved that the player isn't forced to stay.

Message was edited by: alum94®

Re: Why? Why do you need to know? He is gone

May 18, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Why? Why do you need to know? He is gone ]

Nothing's gonna bring him back

Like a steam locomotive rolling down the tracks.***

May 19, 2018, 2:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 17, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Said it from the beginning. There's more to this story. ]

I think David's silence on all these theories tells us that the story being told us about a sick mother isn't the whole truth. If it was, he'd have chimed in to say that's the real reason Belk left.

May 17, 2018, 1:03 PM

Good enough?

May 17, 2018, 2:21 PM

That was yesterday after the story broke, and JB's high school football coach put that story out there. David has been mum since.

May 18, 2018, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Said it from the beginning. There's more to this story. ]

If what Caddie said is the truth, I don't care to know anymore him or where he transfers to, good residence, Clemson will be just as good without him. If it's usuc that he wants to play for, he will see and feel the full effect of how good Clemson will be even without him every November. And he will also see that it takes a lot more than a 5 star player to stop the chickens from bleeding out before he moves on from there. Plus NFL scouts will surely frown over the tactics he uses to get his way, but, the NFL won't be afraid of his lawyer/lawyers bc they have several law firms on retainer waiting for someone to screw with!!! But I'm sure that the Clemson lawyers could have made it tough, but Dabo didn't think it was worth his time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please let us know who this attorney is

May 17, 2018, 8:35 AM

so we can all make sure to not hire one that can't keep their mouth shut.

Everett B. Stubbs III***

May 17, 2018, 8:38 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

HAAAAAAAAWK. HAAAAAAAWK***

May 17, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Please let us know who this attorney is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The firm is Dewey, Screwem and Howe***

May 17, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Please let us know who this attorney is ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: The firm is Dewey, Screwem and Howe***

May 18, 2018, 9:20 PM

from the 3 stooges:dewey,cheatham,and howe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Graduated from Charlotte School of Law

May 17, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Please let us know who this attorney is ]

Which at the time was a worse law school than SCar.

Interesting

May 17, 2018, 8:36 AM

My take was that Dabo knows we're at a level where we dont have to worry that one soft kid would be able to bridge the gap between us and SCAR. Expect that kid to tap out for mercy in November

I hope these OGs have his number in November

May 17, 2018, 8:37 AM

And put him flat on his back. No mercy to the Coots.

Re: I hope these OGs have his number in November

May 17, 2018, 8:55 AM

It has always been a gentleman’s agreement between Clemson and usc not to take transfers from the other program, but we all know moosechump is no gentleman. He is the right guy for cooterville. They deserve him

More chins than wins brad scott?***

May 17, 2018, 9:12 AM

Re: I hope these OGs have his number in November

May 18, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope these OGs have his number in November ]

You are so right!!!!!!

It'd be fun to hear how the PROCESS...

May 17, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Interesting ]

would be administered to Josh Belk. Too bad TNet has gone soft as well.

So basically....

May 17, 2018, 9:02 AM

You're saying everybody lied. Interesting. Hope you're correct. I believe we will never hear the truth on this one. Using your Mom's health as an excuse is low if true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So basically....

May 17, 2018, 9:10 AM

No, there's probably a family member with declining health. We all have that. I'm closer to dying today than I was yesterday.

The point was just that Belk changed his mind and figured out how to get an unconditional release granted.

Re: So basically....

May 18, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to So basically.... ]

As a true believer in God and Jesus Christ as our lord and savior, I would never use one of my family members health to commit a sin.

Re: Heard from a trusted friend regarding Belk. (DHood, please

May 17, 2018, 9:03 AM

to me, the difference from Clemson to Lewisville is not much different from Columbia to Lewisville. Something just doesn't add up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 9:06 AM

It's a pretty big difference if you're making the trip multiple times a week. I just don't see how he will have time for that playing football though.

May 18, 2018, 3:52 PM

Chester to Columbia: 60 miles
Chester to Clemson: 115 miles

May 17, 2018, 9:06 AM

Dropping 70 points on the Coots this year...

WHat's your friend's relationship with Belk?*****

May 17, 2018, 9:17 AM

Re: WHat's your friend's relationship with Belk?*****

May 17, 2018, 9:20 AM

He shops there all the time

That's good. All is fine then.*****

May 17, 2018, 9:34 AM

Re: WHat's your friend's relationship with Belk?*****

May 17, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to WHat's your friend's relationship with Belk?***** ]

2nd hand info so who knows... take it for what it's worth

Hmmm...interesting

May 17, 2018, 10:39 AM

Out of all the threads on this topic, this one has a very interesting thought provoking analysis of what may have happened. Don't know if it's true or not, but I like the thought put into it.

Most plausible thing I've heard about the situation

May 17, 2018, 10:52 AM

I hope we hang 94 on them in honor of Belk.

OP is spot on. No other explanation makes sense.

May 17, 2018, 10:59 AM

Lance Thompson is dirty and orchestrated this BS. H€ll, just look at him. He looks like he needs a bath and is a scumbag.

Re: OP is spot on. No other explanation makes sense.

May 17, 2018, 11:12 AM

There were shady things about him when he used to be a Bama too.

I didn't know who he was so I googled and his

May 17, 2018, 1:10 PM [ in reply to OP is spot on. No other explanation makes sense. ]

twitter page shows up. I click on it and I swear his daughter is 5 bombing him in a picture. Priceless.

Re: I didn't know who he was so I googled and his

May 19, 2018, 8:42 PM

my thread is out of order ..whose daughter ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 10:59 AM

I saw on another site where people were posting the same thing about the way this went down. The moderator of the site did not confirm any of it but did say there are some very smart people posting about it. I doubt David will tell us all the information but I do think several here are on the right track for what happened.

May 17, 2018, 1:04 PM

Actually, he did...yesterday:

May 17, 2018, 1:07 PM

because you don't get a permanent release for family health issues, you take a temporary leave. As other sources are reporting he just didn't like Clemson and has a decent excuse (albeit real) to leave the program to go to USC. Dabo wouldn't have granted him a release to USC if he didn't have the health issue excuse

May 17, 2018, 1:18 PM

Agreed...thing I'm not getting is if the "family health" thing is what allowed the program to grant his release, wouldn't that also play into not looking at Tennessee??
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article211333374.html

May 17, 2018, 1:25 PM

Everything he says in this article points to him just wanting out of the program regardless of any health issues

I'll just say his statement seemed generic at best

May 17, 2018, 11:06 AM

no mention of sadness leaving his teammates etc. Personally, I'd rather not have someone on the team who is not "all in". I will predict he will not be much help to coots, and possibly a distraction in the making. That being said, I hope his families health gets better.

This is exactly what I surmised from all the varying info

May 17, 2018, 1:04 PM

Thanks for posting Caddie. I've never seen a lawyer get involved with a kid transferring before, but it seemed all that "family health" stuff was just smoke to get him outta Clemson without him having to say "I'd rather be a coot." Just seems weird he'd want to compete for a chance to beat Kentucky than a spot in the playoff, but so be it.

interesting. hope dhood comments on i***

May 17, 2018, 1:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 1:40 PM

Finally someone has provided a believable story. A lot of posters have said that they have a source then give a bad reason or missing pieces to story. This sounds exactly like what I had in my head. I felt Dabo got strong armed into this. I knew there is no way Dabo would have let this kid go to USC for that reason.

I don't know if your source is true but this is the most believable story I have heard thus far. The lawyer this had me baffled. Then the needing to be close to family didn't make since. I have a feeling this story will come out sooner or later. Thanks for the info.

But now due to this info I hope Tenn gets him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only way he doesn't go to USuC is if he is blocked

May 17, 2018, 1:48 PM

from doing so.

May 18, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Heard from a trusted friend regarding Belk. (DHood, please ]

Personally, I hope that the coots get him, bc if he did leave his Clemson team mates under false pretenses, his X Clemson team mates will get a chance to knock a couple of those stars out his A$$. But if his story is the truth nothing but the truth, I say bye and have a nice life, and I will pray for his mothers health!!!

If he is being loyal to his family.....

May 17, 2018, 6:50 PM

I wish him the best.
If he used a lawyer to manipulate the system, he is going right where he belongs.

Re: If he is being loyal to his family.....

May 18, 2018, 9:29 PM

so right.5 points is nice this time of year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sounds reasonable...

May 18, 2018, 9:33 PM

...I don't believe anyone forfeits a full scholarship because momma is in bad health...IF...he really wants to play at Clemson. In reality, what's an 18 yr old going to be doing for momma? Who was just taking care of HIM just weeks ago before he came to Clemson? Seems to be contrived to me.

Also, isn't there general NCAA rules about reneging on your commitment and signature? Else this would be happening all the time. Don't they have to have a waiting period, transfer to non Power 5, something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 11:06 PM

if this is true......I hope Dabo remembers this come game time and has no mercy for Mr. Belk or those coots......beat the crap out of them.........Go Tigers!!!!!!

May 18, 2018, 11:07 PM

If this story is true it makes Dabo an insincere liar or grossly misinformed, right? Caddie, What's your call? Dabo don't know or Dabo the liar?

May 19, 2018, 7:00 AM

Stated wanted to be closer to home
because of family health reason!
Talking with Tenn.
I have some thoughts on the real reason's

No matter the reason he is like Yesterday (Gone)
Dabo did what's best for Clemson!

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

May 19, 2018, 8:29 AM

Every competitive program requires physical development so USuCk isn't a refuge from physical growth and development. That which differentiates USuCk from Clemson doesn't leave too much room for even the simple minded to understand what happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2018, 1:15 PM

Would like to see him end up at UT thus sticking it to the sh*# peckers.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic