Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard a good suggestion for lower-tier bowls the other day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,617

Heard a good suggestion for lower-tier bowls the other day

May 15, 2017, 11:07 AM

why not allow Red-shirted Freshman to play? I mean, especially for the bigger programs, non-New Year’s Six bowls have become as much a springboard for the following season as they are a culmination of the current season. Not suggesting you ditch the guys that got you there, but let them get a few reps?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I like it. Would make like a meaningful spring game.***

May 15, 2017, 11:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And for the gamecocks,

May 15, 2017, 12:09 PM

They can play whoever they want in their lower tier bowels!
??

Why just lower-tier bowls ?***

May 15, 2017, 11:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

all bowls i guess. Obviously it wouldnt be a big deal to CFP

May 15, 2017, 12:10 PM

teams or New Years 6 bowl teams. I dont see them playing redshirts in games that are so big

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Heard a good suggestion for lower-tier bowls the other day

May 15, 2017, 11:41 AM

That would be a great way to get interest from your fanbase but the trouble is becoming getting national attention.

I still expect us to go to an 8 team playoff in the near future. Also I expect a split between the power 5 and everyone else. If these two things happen I would suggest a lower tier playoff like the NIT played at the bowl locations. Currently there are too many teams playing in bowl games and that is because no one wants to give up the income generated. In this model we could play in just as many locations with less teams involved.

4 tiers of playoffs with no more than 2 teams from one conference in each tier and only 6 teams from each conference make the bowls + 2 independents.

Just under half the power 5 teams make a bowl game and 31 bowl locations with the rest used for the lower division. Plus every 8 team tournament has national attention from the regions with teams in the tournament.

null

An added advantage to your good idea

May 15, 2017, 11:52 AM

would be that, in a small way, this offsets the damages of the expected trend where NFL eligible players forego bowl games. I'm not making commentary one way or the other about this trend, just stating that it might help.

yes, absolutely***

May 15, 2017, 12:09 PM

Best Is The Standard

Re: Heard a good suggestion for lower-tier bowls the other day

May 15, 2017, 12:29 PM

They are thinking about creating a rule where a player can play in up to 4 games and still keep his redshirt

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,617
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic