»
Topic: Headed up to Hokie-ville. Any food/bar recommendations?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 11:35 AM by: Irishfafnir
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5   Pages: 1  

Headed up to Hokie-ville. Any food/bar recommendations?

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:32 AM

First off, very impressed by what Bronco has been able to. The win against Boise came out of nowhere. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

I know the wife wants to visit Monticello and I'm for sure gonna hit up Miller's (huge DMB fan). What's a good place for dinner Friday night and where to hang Sat before the game. I hear The Lawn is something you have to see along with The Rotunda.

Looking forward to the trip. First visit to Hokie-ville. Can't wait. Beautiful campus based off the pics.

Re: Headed up to Hokie-ville. Any food/bar recommendations?

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:47 AM

the Blue Mountain Brewery is the best.

There's a little place just off campus....sort of a local's

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:48 AM

only joint.

Just pull up to any student and ask "can you tell me how to get to Applebee's". They'll know.

Also, if you pretend to be part of the VT faculty, you can get two entrees and an appetizer for $20.

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:59 AM

Sounds like you are going to UVA not VT (wrong coach, game, landmarks, etc), so it really won't matter where you go since you will miss the football game....wear a bow tie though if you are in Charlottesville; so you fit in....

Well C-Ville does become Hokie-ville when VT plays at UVA

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 11:15 AM

but you are right. He is going to miss the game this Saturday if he is going to the place he described.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 11:35 AM

Right outside of hooville is a stretch of road called Nelson 151. Along it are three breweries, a distillery, 1-2 cideries, a bunch of vineyards and 1 meadery. Mountains run along one side and there are a bunch of horse farms and the whole thing is really scenic, the tops of the mountains should be beginning to change. I'd especially recommend checking out Veritas(vineyard) for a truly amazing view and Devils Backbone and Wild Wolf for beers(they both serve food)

Replies: 5   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: I am selling my 8 Tickets to the Ga Tech game. These are located in Section UO Row X Seats 17-23 and...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
553 people have read this post