»
Topic: He will not be able to play (quarterback) in this league....
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 25, 2018 3:10 PM by: walrus
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

He will not be able to play (quarterback) in this league....

[1]
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 2:08 PM

An unnamed NFL offensive coordinator said University of Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson won't stick at the position throughout his NFL career.

On Tuesday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com passed along comments from coaches and scouts about the top QB prospects, and one was quick to shoot down Jackson's potential as a passer.

"He's an awesome athlete. He will not be able to play (quarterback) in this league—mark my words," the offensive coordinator said. "When he throws, he hopes."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2772458-nfl-oc-lamar-jackson-will-not-be-able-to-play-qb-at-pro-level?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Oh Snap!

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

If the team that drafts LJackson hires a new OC

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 2:19 PM

we will know exactly who this guy is... otherwise, he might want to just remain anonymous to his HC & GM and make LJackson the player they need him to be...

2018 white level member

I hope he makes it. NFL teams will have to change their

[4]
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 2:25 PM

scheme to a style geared more towards his comfort level if they draft him, though.

I just hate how a guy of his talent level gets labeled and branded before he even takes a snap.

An i tell you something else - people are going to look back at Louisville's last 2 years in awe when they see the team that UL fields in 2018. They'll marvel at how Lamar Jackson single handedly got them to 2 straight bowl games.

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Best Is The Standard

yep

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 2:37 PM

looking at this QB class, I think Lamar could have a good career if he goes to a team that is patient with him. Other than that I think Rosen is the best of the class. The others just don't do it for me.

I think the guy is right. Sure he made lewisville better,

[1]
Posted: Apr 25, 2018 3:00 PM

But the bottom line is he is not accurate. His downfield passing yards came in the threat of him running the ball. Not going to happen in the NFL. Before some starts screaming about Deshaun, let me stop you. Deshaun could pocket pass. Hate to compare Lamar to an ex Clemson great but he has Dantzler attributes. Smart thing for him is to learn how to catch the ball as a slot receiver.

Sorry but last year this cat talked to...

Posted: Apr 25, 2018 3:10 PM

a bunch of "supposed NFL gurus off the record" and came up with a list of QBs exactly like McShay's and Kiper's(Trubisky, MaHomes. then Watson) and predicted that none was ready to start in the NFL. Not exactly someone who inspires my confidence or trust.

Replies: 5  
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1627 people have read this post