Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haven't done it in months but listened to coot radio on my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,251

Haven't done it in months but listened to coot radio on my

Apr 29, 2014, 7:46 PM

way home.

Realized why I don''t listen to it.

One of the coot callers calls in says he can't see how Clemson could ever win a national championship by being in the ACC. Goes on to say how the coots could lose one game and still win a NC.

The whole time I was thinking....how did FSU do it last year? And the toughest teams coots played all year were UGA and Clemson.

Of course the idiot DJs didn't even respond and went on to the next caller. Made me want bang my head against the steering wheel. I won't be listening again for another 6 months or so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Haven't done it in months but listened to coot radio on my

Apr 29, 2014, 7:56 PM

I agree there is no substance to the first part of the caller's statement. Saying Clemson could never win a national title in the ACC makes no sense on any level. Previous to the 4 team playoff a one loss SEC team will always get the nod over a one loss ACC team but an undefeated Clemson would go to the MNC or playoff in any format otherwise the system is completely broken. Now that the four team playoff is in place his weak argument is even more absurd. I listen to both Clemson and SC radio and the callers of both stations are about the worst representations of both fanbases.

The Columbia radio hosts are all homers too, but Heath Cline in the evening hour is very balanced, imo.

Re: Haven't done it in months but listened to coot radio on my

Apr 29, 2014, 8:37 PM

dirtpeckers- legends in their own minds. You can't say any SEC team will get the invite over another team. It would depend on a lot of factors.

The 2004 Auburn Tigers football team represented Auburn University in the 2004 NCAA Division I-A football season. Auburn compiled a record of 13–0, winning the Southeastern Conference championship and finishing the season ranked #2 in both the AP Poll and the Coaches' Poll.[1] Beginning the season ranked #17 in the AP poll and #18 in the Coaches' Poll, the Tigers were denied a berth in the BCS National Championship Game because they finished the regular season ranked #3 in the BCS rankings. Head coach Tommy Tuberville, who was nearly fired after the 2003 season, was named national Coach of the Year by the Associated Press.
The team defeated LSU, Georgia, and Tennessee (twice, facing them a second time in the SEC Championship game), all of whom were ranked opponents. They were left out of the BCS National Championship Game, and instead went to the 2005 Sugar Bowl, beating #9 Virginia Tech, 16–13, to finish 13–0. USC and Oklahoma played for the national title in the Orange Bowl.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also live in Columbia

Apr 29, 2014, 8:15 PM

and could not agree more with you. The stupidity of some of the garnet glasses wearing callers on 107.5 is too ridiculous to stomach at times.

But remember, "they" have won 7 of the last 8 national championships. Lol, so pathetic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I also live in Columbia

Apr 29, 2014, 9:06 PM

ClemsonJay, they do love to bring up the SEC record, yet where is their contribution?

Missouri was the toughest team they played. And UCF

Apr 29, 2014, 8:35 PM

possibly as well.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,251
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic