Topic: Have watched the '03 and '04 games over the past couple of
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 27, 2020 11:08 PM by: tiger_swimmer®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Have watched the '03 and '04 games over the past couple of

[8]
Posted: May 27, 2020 4:25 PM

days (scar games). In both of them there was a SERIOUS lick delivered by David Dunham. The one on the opening kickoff in '04 was a little more memorable since it caused the fumble. Which got me to wondering about the year of the hit on the BC QB, which turned out to be '05. That led me to this little video of the top 10 plays of the '00 - '05 decade. Maybe not my order but a good selection none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJHPicez-s

2020 white level member

Re: Have watched the '03 and '04 games over the past couple of

[4]
Posted: May 27, 2020 4:35 PM

Still in awe of Spiller juking those GT defenders.

Also, that OT game in Miami ... I had had bilateral hernia surgery the week before. I almost "reversed" the surgery after Ford essentially walked into the end zone on that pass from Parker.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

This story about Ford coming up with that play on the

[3]
Posted: May 27, 2020 4:39 PM

sideline is pretty good:

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Jacoby-Ford-Miami-and-a-play-drawn-up-in-the-dirt-14190

2020 white level member

[1]
Posted: May 27, 2020 11:03 PM

That pass was a frozen rope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQ0JYntFF0

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Good video.

[2]
Posted: May 27, 2020 4:53 PM

Wasn't too painful for me to watch. Only two were against FSU.(Hehe) The second one, #6 I think, reminded me of FSU in more recent years. I know that Taggart wasn't the coach of that game, but for the past two years under Taggart it was an all too common scene to see FSU defenders looking to the sideline to get a call as the ball was being snapped. Happened literally 5 or more times a game. And, teams weren't even in hurry up.

As a Nole fan, the most disappointing thing to us about Taggarts teams was how poorly prepared they were. Couldn't line up right on offense (8 men on the line, 5 men on the line, two men in motion when the ball was snapped, etc.) and on defense the above mentioned common scene - guys looking to the sideline as the ball was being snapped.

And, from Taggart's first game to his last game, it never improved. Happened as often in his last game as it did in his first.

That was a big play in that game. May have been the only

[1]
Posted: May 27, 2020 5:46 PM

time all game we hurried, and that play was well-planned and practiced. Noles certainly not ready for it.

2020 white level member

[2]
Posted: May 27, 2020 6:43 PM

Was at the '04 game and two coots were behind us. One said "Love to see us return this to the house and shut this crowd up"...then BOOM, hit and fumble. The other one said "This is gonna be a long day"

Loved it!

Actually was at all of those home games and the GT game in Atlanta. Great times.

Message was edited by: TigerCook®

2020 white level member

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have CFP jackets and vests. fully authentic. text me 864-372-6518

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1003 people have read this post