Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hating on Buckies & vice-versa isn’t called for since “3” of 4 games have been battles..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Hating on Buckies & vice-versa isn’t called for since “3” of 4 games have been battles..

Jun 29, 2020, 10:03 AM

which is what it’s All about.

The Woody game was tight & they were about to win IF they got into FG range..

The OB game about 5 yrs ago was one that had 2 very good QB’s, strong lines on both sides, good LB’ers, excellent WR’ers, etc..but Sammy Watkins was the big difference.

Then last year’s game was a brutal barn-burner with Tigers down with only minutes to play and at their own 4 yd line.

Yep, they don’t know what happened in hugely embarrassing 0-31 3rd game loss but Urban just seems to do that vs Clemson.

Saying..i like playing those Yankee Nuts way better now than our in-state Cousins!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will always enjoy the games but

Jun 29, 2020, 11:01 AM

I have always had an irrational dislike for the buckeyes. I can’t point to anything that caused it. I’ll go ahead and say it: I dislike them more than the dirtpeckers, and I know I’m not alone in that among Tiger fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will always enjoy the games but

Jun 29, 2020, 11:21 AM

my dislike of Bucknuts stems directly from the fact that I lived in Ohio for 5 years. Not one single time in 5 years, did I ever have a conversation with a Bucknut fan that had any respect for Clemson. None, zip, nada. Prior to living in Ohio I had no beef with Bucknuts, but having experienced 5 years of their dismissive arrogance........well.......I’ve never forgotten it and I can’t stand them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will always enjoy the games but

Jun 29, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to I will always enjoy the games but ]

sure you can. they are arrogant twits and they all retire to SC which ruins the ambiance of the state

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ReasonS that I don't like O-Cry-O State/Cryin' Day/fans

Jun 29, 2020, 11:39 AM

I absolutely appreciate a good game, but, here are some reasons that I truly don't like O-Cry-O State, Cryin' Day, and their fan base:

1) After a late game sealing interception by Clemson's LB Charlie Bauman Woody Hayes did indeed grab Charlie by the jersey and punch him on his helmet adorned head. Classless.

2) I don't know if it was against us or not, but there was a game when one of their players purposely poked an opposing player on the on the ground in the eye. Urban Myer acted as if nothing happened and left the violator in the game. I BET that Dabo would have benched the guy and required the guy to issue apologies.

3) I was in Cleveland visiting friends for the blowout game. Leading up to the game, I noticed that a LOT of locals were unsafely and/or aggravatingly screwing with me on the roadways in the days before the game. It finally hit me that I had Clemson tags and they were screwing with me simply because I was a Clemson fan.

4) Cryin' Day whined about last year's officiating before he even got to the locker room after the game. He tried to pin their loss mostly on officiating. Unfortunately, their fans have since followed suit.

For these reasons I don't like O-Cry-O State, Cryin' Day, or their fans. :)

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I was at the Orange Bowl when we played them...

Jun 29, 2020, 11:58 AM

I remember there was a band playing at the fan fest. They were giving away free Orange Bowl items. They were handing an item directly to an Ohio State fan when one of the other Ohio State fans ripped it out of her hands. I saw this happen again and folks started shoving each other. Turned me off.

Also, I have cousins who are huge Ohio State fans and they have gotten really ugly after each loss. Not a fan. Don't really care if they ever win anything. Truth is, I used to kinda cheer for them as long as they were not playing Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was at the Orange Bowl when we played them...

Jun 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

Have neighbors that are bucknut fans. They are still being a bunch of idiots when I walk by their house. I just wave and say nothing and that really irritates them. Guess they don't like it when I laugh at them either.

Yes it is***

Jun 29, 2020, 12:41 PM

Re: Hating on Buckies & vice-versa isn’t called for since “3” of 4 games have been battles..

Jun 29, 2020, 2:33 PM

The hate began for me after "the punch".

I once saw an attractive woman on Match.com who was wearing bucknut clothing.

Left swipe

Re: Hating on Buckies & vice-versa isn’t called for since “3” of 4 games have been battles..

Jun 29, 2020, 3:00 PM

I saw aan Ohio State fan in Hilton Head this weekend. I told him I expect our 2 teams to meet in the national championship game this year. He spouted off something about they actually won against us this past year. I just said good luck and see you in the playoffs. I figured there was no reason to argue with him. He was obviously still hurting from our last encounter.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 29, 2020, 3:06 PM

Back away slowly, giving him the "0-K" sign . . . . "Sure Bucky, whatever you say"

Jun 29, 2020, 8:35 PM

OH-0-4-IO

You been shoppin' here, LB?

Jun 29, 2020, 8:58 PM

Jun 29, 2020, 9:17 PM

The record of Clemson vs Ohio State is 4-0 which is called a sweep in the MLB World Series.
The running score of Clemson vs Ohio State series is 117-73, which sounds pretty convincing.
When you add in the Gamecocks two victories and realize the Buckeyes are 0-Fer against the Palmetto State and it starts to be funny.

When you realize The Ohio State Buckeyes are an embarrassing 2-22-2 versus SC, Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, FSU, Miami, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and Texas, you've run smack into complete and total domination of Ohio State against teams from the Deep South. It's not remotely close. It's freaking hilarious that despite that cumulative lifetime butt kicking, the Ohio State fans come into every game against Deep South teams expecting to dominate based on ###, I don't know. Then you get Ryan Day promising to never forget the most recent time he and the Buckeyes lost to Clemson and every Clemson and Deep South football fan is laughing their butts off at TOSU, the whole state of Ohio and every buckeye fan who ever lived and thought TOSU was big stuff on the gridiron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 9:46 PM

Have to disagree with you LBB on this one.....we have beaten the Bucknuts into very small cracked nuts.....that is why we are hearing all this crap coming out from them about Clemson now......they can’t beat us on the field so they try to do it with their BS talk......they are really pathetic......Dabo owns them and they know it......especially that little baby they call the head coach.....4- 0 and they can’t handle the truth.......Go Tigers!!!!

I have some Ohioan friends who hate OSU

Jun 30, 2020, 1:41 AM

Bucknuts are beloved only by bucknuts.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic