Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to rant about officiating after a win but..,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Hate to rant about officiating after a win but..,

Jan 5, 2014, 1:42 AM

Several issues with the referees:
1) they have the NERVE to call us for 2 sideline penalties after Urban Meyer blows up and sticks his finger in the face of the referee early in the game?
2) Tajh was planted as bad or worse than Braxton Miller. No comments on his being a tough buckaroo and certainly no flags.
3) Throat slash?
4) Tajh's second rushing TD robbery. Did anybody notice the crooked running path of the sideline judge who came in to declare his spot at the one foot line? We need a gif of that!
5) Did anybody notice the TD excessive celebration dance routine put on by one of the OSU players after one of their scores?
6) I hate to think they were giving us the business for the ACC robbing their now irrelevant conference of its members but I think I share that sentiment with many of you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: AND the late hit on Hotrod

Jan 5, 2014, 2:54 AM

Also the no-call, late hit on Hotrod comes to mind.
I thought it was one of the poorest excuses for officiating that I've seen. Many of the calls were out of line for what I've seen in other CFB games. After the game, in reflection, I really do think they had an agenda of some kind. IMO. 'definitely took some of the enjoyment out of the game.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The refs were awful!***

Jan 5, 2014, 3:43 AM

Just rewatched the game and you're right

Jan 5, 2014, 6:01 AM

So many of those calls were absolute BS.

- Hot Rod totally got that one first down by the nose of the ball
- Hot Rod got hit late on an imcomplete underneath pass. No call.
- Tajh crossed the plane with the ball on that one QB run
- Sideline infractions? We hadn't had that problem all season and now all of the sudden we get 2 of them? HUH?
- Out of all the pass interferance and defensive holding calls we got, OSU got 1. Are you actually telling me that NO ONE ever interfered with Sammy or Martavis apart from that?
- Shuey wasn't driving Miller into the ground, gravity just got the better of him. He's a big guy, what do you expect?
- They hit Tajh after the pass plenty of times
- False start on THE QUARTERBACK?!? Who's ever heard of that?
- OSU had plenty of excessive celebrations of their own. Why did only Vic get called?
- And plenty of others that I'm sure are debatable or just plain stupid

Re: Just rewatched the game and you're right

Jan 5, 2014, 10:09 AM

yea the false start on the quarterback led to a first for me...my wife asked how does a quarterback false start and i had no idea how to answer it. first time i wasn't able to answer one of her questions about the game.

As far as many of us are concerned, you have every right

Jan 5, 2014, 6:09 AM

to rant. It was one of the most poorly called games in recent memory.

While not convinced that the AAC refs had an agenda against Clemson or the ACC, they d@mn surely displayed an incompetency that the ACC hierarchy should formally protest to the NCAA. If not mistaken, I believe AAC officials, also, called the Duke/TAMU game, and that same incompetency contributed to Duke's loss.

In fact friends and I referred to them throughout our game as bush league at best, pee wee league at worst!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just insulted the pee wee league

Jan 5, 2014, 9:57 AM

I am re-watching the game right now, not even looking for officiating mistakes. I have already seen two or three times OSU defenders blatantly grab our receivers' arms and hold them. They basically did whatever they wanted. It is a credit to the team that they were able to overcome it all and still win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Hate to rant about officiating after a win but..,

Jan 5, 2014, 6:18 AM

Meyers not only blew up once,but twice according to what
I recall seeing.
Also he appeared to be outside the coaches box on several occassions,but no sideline penalities were called on OSU.
I also thought I saw Miller doing a little taunting on one play,but no flag.
But we all know that what really happened was that
Ron Cherry wasn't allowed to call this game,so he had his co-horts in the AAC do everything in their power to deny Clemson this win.

P.S Didn't we also get an excessive celebration penalty
( not that it mattered) after Dabo's Gatorade bath?

on the gatorade penalty heard the ref say

Jan 5, 2014, 7:04 AM

player entered the field without a helmet
you know how they dance around the coach after the douse him
pretty much bs call

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My is a gamecock and even she complained about refs

Jan 5, 2014, 9:48 AM

She hates how our entire state gets disrespected.

Just to pile on...

Jan 5, 2014, 10:00 AM

The pass interference calls were completely lopsided. Bryant and Willams should have picked up calls, while they got a couple of very questionable calls.

PI is very objective, but it needs to be fair...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, on the plus side of things, we were able to overcome

Jan 5, 2014, 10:01 AM

all that and still WIN!!!

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Their left tackle held every play

Jan 5, 2014, 10:02 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic