Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has Tanner commented on Frank "The Fool" Martin and him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1,926

Has Tanner commented on Frank "The Fool" Martin and him

Mar 6, 2014, 2:12 PM

showing his #### to the world on tv for the second time in a month?

That guy is an embarrassment to the university. I can't imagine he is Tanner's kind of guy. But, you never know. Some people like that stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has Tanner commented on Frank "The Fool" Martin and him

Mar 6, 2014, 2:18 PM

Tanner didnt hire him did he? Wasnt it previous AD? Frank probably isnt in real good standing with Tanner given where they are hoops wise and the rants he keeps displaying. Especially since he isnt Ray's hire

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner may be the type that doesn't care as long as you win.

Mar 6, 2014, 2:42 PM

I would think he's seen enough to know with Martin, but I would imagine he will wait another year or more to see if he can win.

If he can win, maybe Tanner turns a blind eye to how he treats humans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tanner may be the type that doesn't care as long as you win.

Mar 6, 2014, 4:42 PM

You don't know Ray Tanner

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh you must know him personally then

Mar 6, 2014, 4:45 PM

So please, enlighten us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Tanner may be the type that doesn't care as long as you win.

Mar 6, 2014, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Tanner may be the type that doesn't care as long as you win. ]

Obviously you know nothing about Ray Tanner, right?

correct-- hyman hired him; I would be surprised if Ray

Mar 6, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Has Tanner commented on Frank "The Fool" Martin and him ]

tolerates this for very long-- at least the 2nd time this season that we know of---- I imagine behind the scenes the guy is going to have to take some anger management classes-- if it keeps happening, I see RT asking him to leave---- if he's winning by then, he'll be asked to find something else; if he's losing still, he will be fired

If he had said that to my son I would

Mar 6, 2014, 2:23 PM

be visiting Tanner with the media if necessary. No telling how that jerk treats the players at practice if he would say that to one of them in public.

Re: If he had said that to my son I would

Mar 6, 2014, 2:27 PM

I went to a few of Tates Locke's practices. It was very educational.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 2:35 PM

Tates learned at the feet of the master--Bobby Knight.

Not so surprisingly, so did Coach K

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 3:16 PM

Someone hit the nail on the head. USuC does not care as long as you win. I.E. - 34 arrests under Spurrier's watch, the 5 chance Stephen Garcia program, peeing on the street, a coach under the influence of something on T.V., Frank Martin, and the list goes on and on. They fit the profile of most SEC schools.

I don't really see how he could be an embarrassment to

Mar 6, 2014, 2:47 PM

THAT universtity. He wasn't drunk, he didn't pee on anybody...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't really see how he could be an embarrassment to

Mar 6, 2014, 3:22 PM

So it is O.K. if I pee on your front porch tonight and if you think he was not high on something, you need to take those garnet colored glasses off. Fantasyland at its finest !

I think he was sarcasming

Mar 6, 2014, 4:24 PM

hth

I don't know if it's true or even common knowledge but he is

Mar 6, 2014, 3:31 PM

supposedly banned from coaching in the state of Florida

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: I don't know if it's true or even common knowledge but he is

Mar 6, 2014, 3:44 PM

They knew what they were getting when they hired him. A quick background check and nobody that cared about morals or integrity would have made that hire. Proof enough that their university and athletic department care nothing about doing things in the proper manner. I hate losing to them as much as anyone,but I am glad we take the high road.

Link to article on Frank Martin from years back. Interesting

Mar 6, 2014, 3:54 PM

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f9/for-wally-the-frank-martin-story-about-miami-hs-88950.html

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Did he comment on Spurrier being drunk?

Mar 6, 2014, 4:40 PM

Tanner doesn't seem to big on holding his coaches to a normal standard of professional behavior.

But I'm not too worried about a coach cussing out a player.

Tanner used to scream at his players too

Mar 6, 2014, 4:44 PM

I don't know about the profanity, but he used to get pretty excited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

GWP, I played baseball at Coot U and I have been behind

Mar 6, 2014, 4:49 PM

the bench with Frank......trust me.....it is different.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Suspended for the final regular season game...

Mar 6, 2014, 4:47 PM

By Ray Tanner for "inappropriate verbal communication as it relates to the well-being of our student-athletes."

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Maybe he's just auditioning for Slurrier's job when he quits***

Mar 6, 2014, 6:06 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1,926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic