Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haha! Coots Newspaper staff under too much ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Haha! Coots Newspaper staff under too much ...

Oct 20, 2020, 8:47 PM

stress to perform their jobs. They have been too mentally stressed to perform their duties and require at least a 2wk hiatus before they can work again.

I swear the softness of young America is a little scary. I would make a liberal comment which likely is warranted since 95% media are Libs, but c'mon, this is college paper. As I recall our Tiger Rag paper was a combo of news and TMZ type news. It was as much entertaining as anything, how could college paper be to mentally stressful. What would real life work be like in today's world? Oh, let me tell ya! Be happy if you have a job because I don't and my construction company has shut down.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/university-of-south-carolina-daily-gamecock-goes-dark-trnd/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haha! Coots Newspaper staff under too much ...

Oct 20, 2020, 9:16 PM

Hey...it's hard work to make excuses day in and day out...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 9:45 PM

I wish more media would go on a 2 week hiatus. Maybe we would be able to see how the election unfolds rather than hear what “ the experts” have to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 10:25 PM

I may be disremembering but when I was student in the mid-late 70s, The Tiger was nationally recognized, and we read it every week. It also had a coupon for 25 cent tacos, made for an inexpensive date night.

I covered & wrote Sports for The TiGER...

Oct 20, 2020, 10:29 PM

and loved every minute, especially since we got a car, travel & meal money to cover an away game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are correct, I was there 1975-79... also, remember the

Oct 21, 2020, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Haha! Coots Newspaper staff under too much ... ]

spoof paper "The Buzzard" which was pretty funny. I have several copies of each in a box somewhere...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: you are correct, I was there 1975-79... also, remember the

Oct 21, 2020, 10:14 AM

The Buzzard was good stuff, I was at Clemson from '74-'78

Oct 21, 2020, 2:43 AM

ICATiger said:

stress to perform their jobs. They have been too mentally stressed to perform their duties and require at least a 2wk hiatus before they can work again.

I swear the softness of young America is a little scary. I would make a liberal comment which likely is warranted since 95% media are Libs, but c'mon, this is college paper. As I recall our Tiger Rag paper was a combo of news and TMZ type news. It was as much entertaining as anything, how could college paper be to mentally stressful. What would real life work be like in today's world? Oh, let me tell ya! Be happy if you have a job because I don't and my construction company has shut down.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/us/university-of-south-carolina-daily-gamecock-goes-dark-trnd/index.html

OK, the Gamecocks are soft, the sky is blue, sugar is sweet and water is wet. Do they have any other brilliant conclusions? We knew that when they got the game with the Tigers cancelled in the covid-19 schedules. Any burnouts there are likely more due to what they are smoking, snorting, shooting or otherwise abusing to hide from the reality that they are Gamecocks. It is almost understandable that the shamecocks would do that. Can we even imagine the nightmare of walking the halls there seeing these garnet chickens saying claws up. Can you imagine the shame of playing their home games on what has become the Clemson playoff practice field? Can we ever know the pain of knowing their program has managed just 1 conference title in their entire history?

Oct 21, 2020, 6:21 AM

Look on the good side.Many of these staff members will more than likely join other Liberal Media newspapers like "The State".

LOL. I met a young painter yesterday to give me a bid on 2

Oct 21, 2020, 7:00 AM

properties I want to flip. His name is Fernando IV. I asked him if they call him "Quatro", and he said,"No, they call me cochino". He said it meant "Piglet", which they started calling him when he was little because he was chubby! He is now a lean, handsome young man. But anyway, the point of this is that he said he was meeting me yesterday because he made his father take a day off. His father has worked 30 days straight. It seems that in this booming economy in our area at least, that they cannot find painters to work for them. Oh, and the minimum wage is not in play. He said, unskilled painters are asking $20 per hour....Maybe one of you builders can verify.

Re: LOL. I met a young painter yesterday to give me a bid on 2

Oct 21, 2020, 7:52 AM

Verified. A buddy of mine owns a trucking operation and they cannot find guys that will stay drug free for 1k a week pay. Painters, carpenters, concrete, drywall...you name it; Excellent paying jobs and yet labor shortages due to no one wanting to work as skilled craftsmen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL. I met a young painter yesterday to give me a bid on 2

Oct 21, 2020, 8:26 AM [ in reply to LOL. I met a young painter yesterday to give me a bid on 2 ]

It’s not just a tradesman problem.

I’ve tried to get some of my employees back to work (healthcare, doctorate level) that don’t want to come back yet. Had one a couple weeks ago tell me they had a 2 week vacation planned in about a month and would need that time off...He said “I’ll come back after my vacation. “ I said, “nope.” He’ll be the last one back if I bring him back at all. Tired of this BS.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:06 AM

Snow flakes ate going to melt.

RIP Steve Ellis

Oct 21, 2020, 9:09 AM

He wrote an article in the Tiger about certain people getting preferred bb tickets (it was me). I was told about the article while out on Thursday night. Steve was up all night getting the newspaper out. When he got in Friday morning his room had been moved and rearranged on the front porch of our house.

Re: So they're two months into classes and the "pressure" of

Oct 21, 2020, 10:02 AM

writing columns for a 3rd-rate school newspaper has proven to be "too much". Wow. Poor little snowflakes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dumpster Fire / Burnout. Makes cents.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:24 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic