»
Topic: Great article about Dabo....
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 19, 2018 2:36 PM by: Furious george®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Great article about Dabo....

[3]
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 8:56 AM

He was actually very successful in real estate in a very short time making over $200K in his early 30's. He had to take a huge pay cut to get back into coaching.

This article is from 2015, but even more relevant now.

ehttps://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/dabo-swinney-was-the-best-shopping-center-leasing-agent-in-alabama/2015/11/05/e0748db4-83d0-11e5-8ba6-cec48b74b2a7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c03cdffb8315

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Great article about Dabo....

[1]
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 9:19 AM

Thanks for posting. Man that seems like a lifetime ago. I’ve always thought he’s an even better CEO than a coach and that’s a rare trait to be so good at both.

I love that comment post at the end... no way Clemson can hang with the big three in the playoffs. Wish I could ask them now 3 yrs later how’d that turn out!!!!

Go Tigers!

2018 orange level member

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 9:52 AM

Agree, that's an excellent article. I remember reading it when it was first published but reading again is a reminder of all the serendipity involved in Dabo landing at Clemson.

[1]
Posted: Aug 19, 2018 10:25 AM

What is a head sports ball coach if not a CEO , really ?
The responsibilities are practically the same with the exception of the coach being more hands on with his charges than most CEOs are , depending on company size of course .
A great CEO manages his company in the same way a great HC manages his football team . Results show the leadership , organizational skills , forethought and planning for upward movement ... and reward for finishing on top .
Dabo is never satisfied it appears , and that bodes well for Clemson football.

2018 white level member

DB23

Posted: Aug 19, 2018 2:36 PM

Great read. Thanks for posting. +1

2018 white level member

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1408 people have read this post